2022 TaylorMade STEALTH Drivers

Shouldn't have cancelled your order. These problems could be yours! :p

You did, right? You said you were going to.
I will order three if I can have 170 ball speed. You may be old, stiff and also bald, but I am older, stiffer and just as bald and, I don’t have 170 plus ball speed.

i didn't hit the driver particularly well overall today but i had more 4 drives over 270 total...this drive is particularly noteworthy for me as i took the line i normally take but play a fade...no fade this time, just a nice, straight mid-high drive that carried the trees on the corner...i watched it land well further than what i've hit here in the past and roll back a good amount (i'd guess 10yds or so). so idk...this driver really is my precious.

stealth tulare #12.JPG

i would estimate it landed somewhere in the green dot area by that tree

stealth tulare #12b.JPG

Most of the shots I have contain a lot of wind noise and I'm working on face control so my cuts have a little too much movement. It's a very dull slappy noise and gets higher pitched if you nail it out of the center, I wouldn't call it metallic TBH.

I have two full rounds with my Stealth Plus and Ventus TR setup. If my Rouge ST TD order hadn’t already shipped I would have cancelled it. This setup is so good.

Only thing left to do is an in-depth head to head!

putting the tensei av raw blue 60S in for this afternoon...i guess we'll see what's what?

The TM rep here did a couple MyTM putters to match the Stealths.

20220213_213930.jpg

I kinda want.

I dont wanna take away too much from indoor simulator golf but in 8 rounds now im averaging 9 fairways hit. Even the misses are barely off. When things get ugly im used to playing from the trees but the misses really have been much more controlled with Stealth+

Ok so I have a bit of a dilemma, I took the Stealth plus out on the course Saturday and Sunday with a plan to compare it to my G400 LST gamer and see if it was worth making the change.
Saturday 40mph winds and driving rain, I did get out on the course but couldn't collect anything meaningful as I was either hitting 300yd down wind drives or 200yd into wind shots.
Sunday more rain but the wind dropped to more manageable and comparable levels so out I went again. It was wet so we had the course to ourselves so I hit 2 drives on every hole, we only played 11 holes as the weather was pretty grim.
So here are some stats 22 drives, 17 in the fairway, 3 in the semi rough all totally playable, 2 in the trees from user error. 77% FIR and 90% of shots were green light to green. Also of all the drives all had the same shape straight or tiny fade and all were within 10 yards of each other on distance and dispersion on each pair.
So the numbers are amazing and comparing to my gamer of 51% FIR it looks a done deal, so my dilemma is that I hit my gamer once in the round and knocked it 10 yards past the Stealth in the fairway too...
I didn't get the impression the Stealth was shorter than where I normally play from on the course but I didn't feel I was getting any more distance out of it.
So what do I do? My current plan is I am going to get refit for the Stealth just to check it has the best shaft in it for me Hzrdus Smoke 60g in stiff at the moment.
I am torn as I don't think I want to be losing distance but the dispersion and accuracy is off the charts.
Help!

Ok so I have a bit of a dilemma, I took the Stealth plus out on the course Saturday and Sunday with a plan to compare it to my G400 LST gamer and see if it was worth making the change.
Saturday 40mph winds and driving rain, I did get out on the course but couldn't collect anything meaningful as I was either hitting 300yd down wind drives or 200yd into wind shots.
Sunday more rain but the wind dropped to more manageable and comparable levels so out I went again. It was wet so we had the course to ourselves so I hit 2 drives on every hole, we only played 11 holes as the weather was pretty grim.
So here are some stats 22 drives, 17 in the fairway, 3 in the semi rough all totally playable, 2 in the trees from user error. 77% FIR and 90% of shots were green light to green. Also of all the drives all had the same shape straight or tiny fade and all were within 10 yards of each other on distance and dispersion on each pair.
So the numbers are amazing and comparing to my gamer of 51% FIR it looks a done deal, so my dilemma is that I hit my gamer once in the round and knocked it 10 yards past the Stealth in the fairway too...
I didn't get the impression the Stealth was shorter than where I normally play from on the course but I didn't feel I was getting any more distance out of it.
So what do I do? My current plan is I am going to get refit for the Stealth just to check it has the best shaft in it for me Hzrdus Smoke 60g in stiff at the moment.
I am torn as I don't think I want to be losing distance but the dispersion and accuracy is off the charts.
Help!
It sounds like the conditions made it difficult to assess distance accurately. I actually would be very surprised if the Stealth Plus is shorter than a G400 LST, if both are set up to optimize your distance. Distance being a combination of swing speed, attack angle, launch, and spin, I can’t see why any of the factors specific to the club would be superior with the 400 LST. If it is longer, it must be the setup of the club or that it fits your delivery better than the Stealth.

I played the Stealth Plus 8* with a Ventus TR 6x yesterday. The combo was really, really good for me. I was consistently in places on my home course that I've either never been able to reach before or only reach on very rare occasions. My misses were also very playable - not a lot of curve and shockingly good speed retention on mishits.

I played the Stealth Plus 8* with a Ventus TR 6x yesterday. The combo was really, really good for me. I was consistently in places on my home course that I've either never been able to reach before or only reach on very rare occasions. My misses were also very playable - not a lot of curve and shockingly good speed retention on mishits.
This is my exact setup and im dying to hit it outside! Its been the best setup ive ever hit so far numbers wise indoors

cant agree anymore on the mishits. The speed and spin retention on bad strikes is noticeably better than anything ive played previously

This is my exact setup and im dying to hit it outside! Its been the best setup ive ever hit so far numbers wise indoors

cant agree anymore on the mishits. The speed and spin retention on bad strikes is noticeably better than anything ive played previously

I think you're going to love it outside. I was initially swapping back and forth between a Ventus Black 6S and an RDX Blue 6S. Both were entirely playable and I had some good shots with both, but the consistency of the TR 6X blew both of them away. At least for me, it was like the very best shots with the other two shafts were what I could expect almost every time with the TR.

To my eye, TM nailed the profile again. Although I do prefer the color and look of the sim2 over the stealth. The red face didn’t bother me at all.

About 60% fairways today. On me. But I think I figured out the problem..

ITHS GOT A WEIRD STHOUND! 😜

I have that guy in my head forever now I think. 😆 Hit the range after the round and giving it another go for a few holes. Not sure the shaft is long for my bag.

Last edited:

Summarized my session with Stealth Plus and Smoke Green 70g X flex in one simple video...feels incredible, like the bounciest trampoline known to mankind.

So far nothing I have tried can match the stealth for distance. But accuracy, I have been doing better with the mizuno stz 220. interesting battle and trying to decide what is best over all. Raw power is super fun. The stealth launch sim a great window and the numbers are hard to argue. But my miss has been decently big lol.

So far nothing I have tried can match the stealth for distance. But accuracy, I have been doing better with the mizuno stz 220. interesting battle and trying to decide what is best over all. Raw power is super fun. The stealth launch sim a great window and the numbers are hard to argue. But my miss has been decently big lol.
What has your miss been?

Big push. Some time big hook. But my super infrequent play is most likely to blame.
What shaft in the muzzie? If you’re blocking it it’s gotta be the face angle not the head. Assuming you’re using the ventus tr in the Stealth?

What shaft in the muzzie? If you’re blocking it it’s gotta be the face angle not the head. Assuming you’re using the ventus tr in the Stealth?

You are correct. I fully accept that it is me and not the driver. But i guess I am saying that because it is longer it is more off the planet.

The TR stealth combo is really good. The first shaft I tried did not work at all..

Back