2022 TaylorMade STEALTH Drivers

Anyone tried the Stealth + with the Diamana ZF shaft? I hit one at Golf Galaxy last night and felt like it performed better than my Ventus I am currently gaming.

I‘ve got ZF60X in my plus. It’s performed really well. I’m getting fantastic distance (and dispersion), given I’m playing in 40-50* weather. No lefts so far. Naturally, since it’s performed so well, I have a Ventus Blue 6X and Tensei 1K White 50X coming.… The ZF feels pretty good, hybrid between Blue and White profile. The new Ventus Blue TR is similar to ZF. I’m not sure if I like the ZF or the OG Ventus Blue better. The ZF definitely has a stiffer handle.

Played the stealth plus all weekend and I love it.

Hit the Stealth Plus at the range with the wife and then took her for a quick 9 at the course we used to live on. It's a shorter course but I played it off 6 tees because everything hurts and drivers don't touch the ground. 😆

Missed 1 fairway because I blew through the corner, but it was mostly good. I am going to swap the shaft out and start experimenting this coming week, because there's kind of a hole in my available shots with this setup at full speed.

Was kind of fun to hear it in the tall timber. It's definitely unique.

Distance was good, and that course turns left a lot which was handy. Finding it really easy to move up and down, and straight and left. Just can't seem to hit that high right window with either shape with this shaft.

I've not had a chance to go test either club, but I'm a low spin, high launch driver with a ss of 107-110mph. I typically have a 7 degree up +/- angle of attach with the driver and spin it down in the 2,000-2,200 range. I currently play the SIM 2 Max at 9 degrees. I typically don't do as well with the low spin heads (I tend to fit better in the higher spinning heads). From what I read it sounds like the Stealth is more likely to be a better fit for me than the Stealth Plus?

I had a chance to hit this today. The face looked good. I liked the sound a lot. I was extremely surprised by the crown. It looked cheap to me, like something you’d see on a $99 entry level club or something.

I was extremely surprised by the crown. It looked cheap to me

That's my only real beef with it this far. The gloss surround and the not quite matte crown are a bit of an odd look. There's something about it. I'd prefer the gloss be more matte, I think.

I had a chance to hit this today. The face looked good. I liked the sound a lot. I was extremely surprised by the crown. It looked cheap to me, like something you’d see on a $99 entry level club or something.

i do think the gloss could have been done better. but compared to the other drivers i've seen so far this year, i still think it looks the best.

talking to my buddy who builds clubs about my launch and spin issues. he said he has a stealth 12* demo head that he's going to build up for me to test. he was going to think about a shaft that might work, right now he was thinking tpt or accra rpg. i don't really plan on buying anything, but it will be a fun test.

talking to my buddy who builds clubs about my launch and spin issues. he said he has a stealth 12* demo head that he's going to build up for me to test. he was going to think about a shaft that might work, right now he was thinking tpt or accra rpg. i don't really plan on buying anything, but it will be a fun test.
That good news is that if the combo works for you, those two are a couple of the most expensive shafts you can pick. So could be motivation to not buy anything haha.

MyStealth has shipped!!!!! Should be in hand on Monday

Im hitting the 8* so darn good right now I hope I didnt make a stupid decision from not being patient enough to wait for the MyStealth. I dont think there will be a huge number difference from the 8* to the 9* (at least I hope not)

Also, my thoughts on the Kai'l:
- no positive feel in transition
- reminds me of RDX Black which feels like crappy Ventus Black IMO
- doesn't feel particularly stable

This is coming from someone that has traditionally gotten along with Ventus Black, Tensei 1K, and Smoke Green/Yellow.

I’ll second the lack of feel in the transition. I only have the indoor Trackman option right now and haven’t taken many swings with my Stealth Plus mostly because I’m dialing in my LTDx. I have 3 shafts for my LTDx(HZRDUS RDX Blue, Atmos Black Tour Spec 7x, Tensei CK Pro White) and will have two others by Friday when I pick them up from Golf Galaxy. I really need to buy a shaft puller so I don’t have to wait for a golf shop to swap adapters for me. Recommendations are welcome on which puller to put on my workbench.

So far I’ve had the Stealth Plus on the Trackman a few days but the Kai’li shaft is clearly not a good fit and my heart isn’t in it after a handful of shots where the ball speeds are consistently slower than my LTDx fitted with any of the three shafts I currently have. I love the look of the Stealth and I don’t doubt that the speeds will we equal to the Cobra but I’m going to get that dialed in first before I start on the Stealth Plus. To really decide on a driver, I need to get a driver/shaft combo out on the course for a handful of rounds which won’t happen here until late March or early April when the snow is gone.

I know I can hit the RDX 60 6.5 fine, but not as fine all out, so while it gets a new tip, it's time to experiment

20220225_025533.jpg

Starting with the one that kinda matches. :p

I know I can hit the RDX 60 6.5 fine, but not as fine all out, so while it gets a new tip, it's time to experiment

View attachment 9069906

Starting with the one that kinda matches. :p
1. That's a hot combo.

2. It is still dang hard to beat my TSi3 🔨

3. They need to put out weight kids for the Stealths, yesterday.

Anybody weighed the different stealth heads? Like to compare them to the Sim/Sim2 heads…

If you fall in love, my money is that your plan will change. 😂

Anybody weighed the different stealth heads? Like to compare them to the Sim/Sim2 heads…
20220206_185716.jpg

That was my Plus 9 head. I don't think I actually weighed the regular Stealth. Someone might have though. I don't they're much different than Sim2.

I like the Red.

I think this looks pretty damn good too though.

Reactions: MH
Out of boredom and the fact we are getting hammered with 15-20mm of snow righ now I went in to hit drivers and throw a different grip on my tz6. I hit my tsi4, cobra LTDx LS and Callaway max Ls. All different shafts but the stealth plus and Kal’li gave me the fastest ball speed by a couple over the others. I hit the Stealth and my tsi4 the best, I really like the Kal’li and might have to get one with a cobra adapter to test this year. If I didn’t already have 3 drivers I would consider giving the stealth a go

Back