2023 - 2024 College Basketball Thread

So local Lemoyne College went D1 this year. They are playing in the NEC this year who is having their tournament currently. They actually have a home game tonight so for giggles I checked tickets. Courtside is $20. Texted the wife to see if she wanted to go (pro tip.. marry a sports fan) and she said "why not?" Not sure if on TV but if you flip it on and see a chubby bald guy w/ :callaway: 1/4 zip on... that be me.
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Nice to see you supporting the Dolphins. My brother played for LeMoyne many years ago when they were still D2. He actually played against SU twice.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Nice to see you supporting the Dolphins. My brother played for LeMoyne many years ago when they were still D2. He actually played against SU twice.
Wife and I had a great time... had they won their next game (lost to Merrimack) they would've hosted champ game last night. We have decided that we will def. attend a bunch of games next season. Price is right and the basketball was really good. They have a couple local kids so that's always fun as we follow HS ball (my son just finished his senior season) pretty intently too.

Funny now we’ve had a string of 7 footers. I didn’t recall the edey recruitment at all so thanks for the article. (y)
Drew has been the first on soooo many talented kids over the years. It’s pretty amazing when he starts recruiting a no name middle schooler who blows up a few years later. Time after time.

Another fun fact. We turned down drew brees who wanted to come here.
Please keep sending people like Drew Brees and Zach Edey to Purdue! :) Both are top notch people.

Purdue has a 7'2" guy on the bench and a 7'3" incoming HS recruit.

Just tried to join and it says PW is incorrect
Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

Please keep sending people like Drew Brees and Zach Edey to Purdue! :) Both are top notch people.

Purdue has a 7'2" guy on the bench and a 7'3" incoming HS recruit.
Looked into it a bit more. Apparently edey and family is Buddhist. Who knew? Makes sense why the mom wanted him to take a breath and look at other options.

Looked into it a bit more. Apparently edey and family is Buddhist. Who knew? Makes sense why the mom wanted him to take a breath and look at other options.
I also didn't know he was a Buddhist. Article mentions hockey as the reason for pausing before making a decision.

In hockey, there’s a 24-hour rule,” Julia explains. “If you’re upset because of something that’s happened, do not go to the coach for 24 hours. Just don’t do it. I told Zach, ‘I would like to see you use a 48-hour rule if you can. When you get back to IMG and you still feel like you want to in two or three days and a week if you can manage it, yeah, do it.’

“I have nothing against Baylor, but I just want you to have time to think about it.”

Zach did think about it and obviously digested his Baylor visit, but he wanted to compare the school and basketball program to others. He meshed well with Drew and the coaching staff. He liked the campus. Baylor was extremely appealing.

#1, #2 & #3 seeds in the SEC tourney all get bounced in their first games, lmao.

Auburn, 31 point win vs USCe.

Hmm.

Slow start! LET’S GO! WAR DAMN EAGLE!

VCU to the A10 finals!!! 8 in 11 years!!
slam dunk vcu basketball GIF by VCU Athletics

Only win by 7? Basically a loss by this years standards.
My comment was posted about 5 minutes into the game. We were down at the time.

I got you. Was referring to the first game all freaking year y’all won by less than 10

Today’s game against Mississippi State is the first game Auburn has won by less than 10 all season.

IMG_7493.jpeg

Championship Week has been interesting with some big teams losing early and others not playing well.

Rooting for Long Beach State tonight. A few days ago, their coach agreed to part ways at the end of the season. They’re playing for a NCAA bid tonight.

Only win by 7? Basically a loss by this years standards.
Closest win we've had all year, which I was glad to see them have to play one close to the end and win. Was worried what would happen come tourney time when it was tight at the end.

Nc State Wolfpack GIF by NC State Athletics

Nc State GIF

5 Games in 5 days! Had to win to get in!

Back