CONTEST 2023 NFL Draft Thread

I am sad. Tonight made me sad.

My Hugo is smiling tonight

IMG_2221.jpeg

I know everyone in the football world will expect the Steelers to draft JPJ but Brian Branch just feels so much like a Tomlin guy…

Levis doesn’t get past the Rams at 36 or Titans at 41…

I do hope Carter ends up being a bust for being an absolute scumbag and leaving the scene of an accident involving friend/teammate

The Saints pick again at 40… WR maybe?

they stuff they've pulled off on draft day 1 the last 3 years is nuts. Obviously all the bulldogs, but throw in Devonta Smith, trading for AJ Brown. And those are only night 1 moves.
Yeah, it's sickening to watch but they got there by being savvy and trading away a horrible draft picks (Wentz for example) for more picks to stupid teams. Drafting isn't what holds the Cowboys back. It's the front office and the nepo coaching philosophy. Always has been. I'm hoping McCarthy can break the cycle now that Moore is gone but we'll see...........

The Saints pick again at 40… WR maybe?
It'll probably be OL or DL. I have faith Mickey can find some skill positions later.

I am sad. Tonight made me sad.
Why? Dallas weakness has been an inability to stop the run (especially in the playoffs). They've never taken the DT position seriously and it's cost them. I'm o.k. with the pick. Fans boo'd the Tyler Smith pick last year. He was a "reach"."He's a penalty machine". Looking more today like the cornerstone of our O-line for the next ten year's. Same with the Micah pick two years ago when everyone's pet cat CBs were on the board and Dallas traded down and got Micah. So many Dallas fans were PISSED. Guess who was right? Dallas doesn't get a ton of things right. The draft isn't one of them. And, for the record, Micah is freaking STOKED with the pick. He knows what this defense needs.

Why? Dallas weakness has been an inability to stop the run (especially in the playoffs). They've never taken the DT position seriously and it's cost them. I'm o.k. with the pick. Fans boo'd the Tyler Smith pick last year. He was a "reach"."He's a penalty machine". Looking more today like the cornerstone of our O-line for the next ten year's. Same with the Micah pick two years ago when everyone's pet cat CBs were on the board and Dallas traded down and got Micah. So many Dallas fans were PISSED. Guess who was right? Dallas doesn't get a ton of things right. The draft isn't one of them. And, for the record, Micah is freaking STOKED with the pick. He knows what this defense needs.
You can be stoked that's fine. In my opinion, you don't take a run stuffing DT that is one dimensional in the first. And you definitely don't do it with immense talents at more valuable positions like pass rusher and CB on the board still.

You can be stoked that's fine. In my opinion, you don't take a run stuffing DT that is one dimensional in the first. And you definitely don't do it with immense talents at more valuable positions like pass rusher and CB on the board still.
What if the DT was rated higher on their board?

What if the DT was rated higher on their board?
Everything I said still stand regardless of their board. More than happy to be wrong and obviously I hope it works out. But I don't like it.

As long as Will McClay is in the room w/ those Jones boys I feel ok about their picks. 😂
McClay has absolutely killed it with the Cowboys. Sans the Taco pick (thanks Marinelli, you tw*t) Dallas has knocked every 1st round pick out of the park with McClay in the room.

I want to go back and read this thread from 4 years ago.

• Appreciation
Reactions: Bus
My lord, wake up to see the Eagles not only got Carter at 9, but then they got Smith too?!

Howie Roseman doing his thing again. Dam Eagles 😡
What exactly did he do? Lol tell every team ahead of him not to draft those guys?

What exactly did he do? Lol tell every team ahead of him not to draft those guys?
Agree here. He didn’t do anything special last night. If the players end up working out then it’s really the other teams just not evaluating correctly and Eagles got a bit lucky.

Funny we all love the draft from a team that pick the players that supposedly slide. We hate the draft of teams that pick players that supposedly went/go early. We never truly know who was right for a few years.

But as an Eagle fan, today, happy to think the Eagles got two good prospects to solidify their D-Line.

Back