Tour Event 2023 RBC Canadian Open

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
From Oakdale Golf and Country Club
Last Year's Winner was Rory McIlroy

So lost in the midst of the huge news of the “hostile takeover” ;) from yesterday,are The wildfires going on in Ontario and Quebec. I’m in northern NJ just outside of NYC, and the entire are was in a haze yesterday from this and still going today. You can smell the smoke in the air and we are under an air quality warning.
Anyone know how or if this will affect the tournament?

Should be an interesting week...

So lost in the midst of the huge news of the “hostile takeover” ;) from yesterday,are The wildfires going on in Ontario and Quebec. I’m in northern NJ just outside of NYC, and the entire are was in a haze yesterday from this and still going today. You can smell the smoke in the air and we are under an air quality warning.
Anyone know how or if this will affect the tournament?

I just went outside for lunch and just got back in Eastern PA. It's crazy with the haze and smoke and the hue in the sky it gives. Feels like I am on Tattooine (Star Wars planet) and not Earth. Also starting to wreak havoc on my sinuses.

I just went outside for lunch and just got back in Eastern PA. It's crazy with the haze and smoke and the hue in the sky it gives. Feels like I am on Tattooine (Star Wars planet) and not Earth. Also starting to wreak havoc on my sinuses.
Lol, yeah it looks like a scene from Mission to Mars outside.

C'mon Conners win one for the Canadians. When Brooke won it was awesome.

Gonna watch my best friend Rory in the featured group at 7:33a

Rory in the super rough - only gets the ball up like 5 yards. Yuck.

That was a nice birdie putt for Rors.

Where is this announcer from, ESPN must be using locals.

Rory in the super rough - only gets the ball up like 5 yards. Yuck.

-2 though..

and what the heck is Omar Uresti doing there? And why is he in a featured group??

Head of the THP Rory Fan Club reporting for duty here.

You would be very happy with the coverage today, they laid it on extra thick.

Seriously, I think they're putting too much pressure on Rory to replace Tiger and I don't think he is built that way. Trying to fill Tiger's shoes is impossible anyway.

These greens do not present well on TV. The close ups I have seen look bad and have some brown spots all over the place. Kinda crappy for a national open.

These greens do not present well on TV. The close ups I have seen look bad and have some brown spots all over the place. Kinda crappy for a national open.
Weird how some brown spots make us giddy when its THE Open.

Weird how some brown spots make us giddy when its THE Open.
so true...but I expect it over there based on how they condition us. Plus let's be honest, this is the Canadian Open and doesn't have anywhere near the name recognition the others have.

so true...but I expect it over there based on how they condition us. Plus let's be honest, this is the Canadian Open and doesn't have anywhere near the name recognition the others have.
Especially with the rest of the course looking lush.

I really hope Conners wins it, would be cool to see.

It's Rory time.

Awesome roll for Conners. He one putts this and he’s back to T2.

Ludvig Aberg is going to be a problem for his competitors in short order I have a feeling. BOMBS the ball. Beautiful swing.

It sets up well for him - the rest of the field looks like a Korn Ferry qualifier. :ROFLMAO:

I always hoped this tournament would move to the DP world tour when Pelley took over. No need for it to be a lower tier PGA event. Please RBC, elevate it or move on….

It sets up well for him - the rest of the field looks like a Korn Ferry qualifier. :ROFLMAO:
I couldn't get this post out of my head last night, I love a person with some wit. 😂

Back