2023 Srixon Experience Travel and Extra Rounds

Steve2100

Manifesting
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
real 18 hc
I know we have talked about our plans about extra rounds before on Discord but their was some talk of putting this thread on the forum so here it is! So here is a tag for everyone involved and any other Texas locals that may want to be involved.
@Hawk
@baylrballa
@bigbov
@Chef23
@Joshnoble01
@odom730
@Slowmo
@Steve2100
@ToddJ027b

I believe most of us are coming in on 4Nov and hoping to play both that day and early on the 5th before heading to Briggs Ranch. So lets start the talk and get this party started! 41 DAYS TO GO!!!!

I know we have talked about our plans about extra rounds before on Discord but their was some talk of putting this thread on the forum so here it is! So here is a tag for everyone involved and any other Texas locals that may want to be involved.
@Hawk
@baylrballa
@bigbov
@Chef23
@Joshnoble01
@odom730
@Slowmo
@Steve2100
@ToddJ027b

I believe most of us are coming in on 4Nov and hoping to play both that day and early on the 5th before heading to Briggs Ranch. So lets start the talk and get this party started! 41 DAYS TO GO!!!!
LFG!! I am flying in Sat morning around 11:30. I know a couple of you are coming in around 1pm. Are we thinking Sat evening exploring and then Sunday morning round before heading over to Briggs? What are people who are flying in doing as far as transportation to and from course? My flight leaves at 4:35p on Tuesday.

Well dang. I guess that's what I get for not being on Discord :ROFLMAO: I'm coming in 11/5 around 1pm. I really have no clue how I'm getting anywhere tbh. Just winging it at the moment - may end up renting a car.

Count me in for rounds on Saturday or Sunday. I also will be car-less and flying blind.

Would love to play a Saturday afternoon round after 2pm but with airlines these days I won't hold my breath. Worse case just hanging out Saturday night at the Riverwalk or other recommended locale will be great! Sunday round for sure.

I'll be driving over Saturday morning. It's about a 4ish hour drive from my side of Houston. Since I'm driving I can pick up a few folks at the airport if needed and drive folks around. I"m game for Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning rounds!

LFG!! I am flying in Sat morning around 11:30. I know a couple of you are coming in around 1pm. Are we thinking Sat evening exploring and then Sunday morning round before heading over to Briggs? What are people who are flying in doing as far as transportation to and from course? My flight leaves at 4:35p on Tuesday.

I think a sunday morning makes the most sense for the most people. Saturday afternoon could happen, but would be really tight for several.

Depends what people want to do around the city as well.

I might be stuck going to my favorite brewery for their dia de low muerta release saturday night. I haven't been there for that in like a decade. 🀯

I think a sunday morning makes the most sense for the most people. Saturday afternoon could happen, but would be really tight for several.

Depends what people want to do around the city as well.

I might be stuck going to my favorite brewery for their dia de low muerta release saturday night. I haven't been there for that in like a decade. 🀯
Agreed... some of us will be getting in and it would prob. be a rush to get a round in Sat. afternoon. Those who can play should and post pics ;) . I definitely wouldn't mind doing Riverwalk on Sat. evening.

Agreed... some of us will be getting in and it would prob. be a rush to get a round in Sat. afternoon. Those who can play should and post pics ;) . I definitely wouldn't mind doing Riverwalk on Sat. evening.

I think it would be a shame for so many people to come from so far and not get a little riverwalk time in.

Also think most people got a hotel around the airport for saturday?

did anyone get one close to the riverwalk or elsewhere?

Pear Tree by the airport for me.

Also think most people got a hotel around the airport for saturday?

did anyone get one close to the riverwalk or elsewhere?
I know there is a few of us staying @ The Pear Tree Inn by the airport and @Chef23 is staying somewhere close to that. I haven't looked to see where that puts us in relation to anywhere though.

I'm down for Riverwalk Saturday and hopefully catch some beers and football. Sunday morning round works great. Are we still thinking the Quarry?

I know there is a few of us staying @ The Pear Tree Inn by the airport and @Chef23 is staying somewhere close to that. I haven't looked to see where that puts us in relation to anywhere though.
sa.jpg

Rough rundown of possible courses in red, downtown things mentioned in purple, hotel in green

UTSA is playing away otherwise that would have been fun too as the alamodome is walking distance from the riverwalk. Spurs are off on the 4th.
I would've loved either... went to a Mavs game when I was in Dallas (Dirk's last season I believe).

Just doing Mapquest I see the Quarry is only 5 mins or so from hotel and then Briggs is 1/2 hour drive from there. I would be up for any course as it looks like they all work. I know you have volunteered to chauffer but if needed some us could split a Turo car or something.

Edit: I am always down for a brewery also.

I would've loved either... went to a Mavs game when I was in Dallas (Dirk's last season I believe).

Just doing Mapquest I see the Quarry is only 5 mins or so from hotel and then Briggs is 1/2 hour drive from there. I would be up for any course as it looks like they all work. I know you have volunteered to chauffer but if needed some us could split a Turo car or something.

Edit: I am always down for a brewery also.
I'm game for this too.

I'm actually landing at 130 now on Saturday. I was going to come in the day before but work got in the way.

I am coming in time for dinner on Saturday. Unfortunately I am traveling for work before then and need to slide home to see my wife for a day anyway. I definitely want to play on Sunday morning though.

I am staying at the Hampton at the Airport using points. I will likely grab a rental car also.

I'll be coming in early Saturday afternoon. I'll have a vehicle to pickup someone up from the airport and give a ride to Briggs Ranch.

It looks like Sunday is the best option for everyone to play golf. But I'm not against a twilight round on Saturday if people are up for it.

Earlier this year, THP turned me onto Canyon Springs - another course you might put on your list of possibilities :)

You guys are going to have so much fun!

Back