2023 Srixon Z-STAR and Divide Golf Balls

I get it. Every Ball lost is "well, there goes another $4.
Getting close on just losing 1 Ball a round so it's close to comparing z vs xv. Right now still playing my old Project a.
A 42 on frt and doing great on back until a 11 on last. Final score a 91... what could have been. Starting to see my old game back, just not as long.
Anyone playing the xv's?

Used the latest version of Z Star's last time out and was elated with the performance I saw. Need to do a head to head against the Q-Star Tour's and see if there's enough of a difference to justify the higher $$. I doubt with my game I'll notice a big difference.
Was playing my xv's and found a Q tour. Hit both and Q felt softer but hooked left and never found it so not a proper test.

Had a ball fitting yesterday and the Srixon Z-Star XV won out as the ball that fitted me best for what I need. Had been playing CSX for 2 yrs but the lower launch and trajectory always felt like it didn’t help my game. Played with them today and helped tremendously off the tee as I didn’t have to try to launch the ball higher as it’d do it itself, and iron shots were great as they flew higher than normal.

Had a ball fitting yesterday and the Srixon Z-Star XV won out as the ball that fitted me best for what I need. Had been playing CSX for 2 yrs but the lower launch and trajectory always felt like it didn’t help my game. Played with them today and helped tremendously off the tee as I didn’t have to try to launch the ball higher as it’d do it itself, and iron shots were great as they flew higher than normal.

How's the feel working out for you? I have some preconceived notions about that ball, but maybe I need to get over that. Had some free money at Dick's and just grabbed another dozen Z-Stars yesterday though.

How's the feel working out for you? I have some preconceived notions about that ball, but maybe I need to get over that. Had some free money at Dick's and just grabbed another dozen Z-Stars yesterday though.
Coming from the CSX I’m used to firmer ball so no issue at all, maybe a touch softer but that could be just me.

After a little bit of play with the new Diamond. I actually prefer the previous version. Not the biggest fan of the new ball.

The divide is by new go to, love the white/yellow. And for some reason I love the double number numbering system!! 11, 22, 33, 44

Really enjoying the Z-Star divide at the moment, was hitting Z-Star Diamond but find the divide seems to get through the air wind better for me

now that 2+1 is here, time to get into the 23's...will be paying a visit to the store this weekend for some XV's

I'd love to be able to get a whole box of Z-Star XV Divides with the 33 number. The XV Divide has been my go-to for more than a year. I like the look and using them to line up on putts is very confidence-inspiring compared to a line-up line that doesn't circumnavigate the ball.

After a little bit of play with the new Diamond. I actually prefer the previous version. Not the biggest fan of the new ball.
What do you like less about the new version?

Not really sure.
How do you like it less if you don't know what you like less about it? lol. I'm not being a smart a... either. I'm legitimately confused. Is it spin, feel, launch, etc?

How do you like it less if you don't know what you like less about it? lol. I'm not being a smart a... either. I'm legitimately confused. Is it spin, feel, launch, etc?

I am saying I dont really know what was changed, I know it performs differently. It is slower off the tee for one and does not seem to have the same zip around the greens.

I am saying I dont really know what was changed, I know it performs differently. It is slower off the tee for one and does not seem to have the same zip around the greens.
Gotcha. That makes sense now.

I tried a sleeve of the diamonds today. Seemed to follow what Srixon is stating about each ball. Went a little further than the Z-Star. Averaged 270 on my quality drives. Close to the XV. Spin was good. Had a few solid check ups. I'll need to play more with each, but at the moment, I could see myself being happy using any of them. Probably speaks to the inconsistencies in my game rather than the any of the models.

I might load up with the Buy 2 Get 1 sale Srixon has going on right now.

I'm loading up on QST Divides for the Father's Day sale.

I normally alternate between buying a box of Supersofts or a box of Divides, depending how confident I feel with my full swing. The QST checks up better, but the Supersoft is cheaper when I spray one with the driver. But if I can game Divides for Supersport prices, then there's really no competition between them.

The 3 for 2 sale is a great deal for Father’s Day loaded up on 3 dozen more really liking the performance of the XV.

I have really enjoyed the XV divide recently. Plenty of distance and enough spin around the greens. I am going to grab the 3 for 2. The divide is worth playing XV over diamond for me.

Played the XV the last 2 rounds to compare to the diamond. I think I'm seeing exactly what I expected...little longer off the tees, little less spin into the green. I'm honestly not sure which I prefer. need some more rounds.

3 boxes of XV Divides for $70 is a hard deal to pass. My last few boxes of Zstars were fragile though. Hope these covers are tougher.

I'm still trying to figure which to use. I think the Diamond is out. I used a sleeve for a few rounds and while they were very good, they had a tendency to side spin a bit too much. Could absolutely be my swing. But it's coming down to Z star and XV. I might go for the distance of the XV.

I have played a handful of rounds with the new diamond and XV Divide. I like both but am 100% set on the XV. Durability is very good, doesn’t feel firmer to me, and is definitely a little longer and a bit straighter. I’m not a super high spin player but had no issues hitting and holding on every approach. Timing on the 3 for 2 deal couldn’t have been better and I’m set for a while with 6 dozen balls of XV and XV Divide!

Half a regular round and a scramble with the XV and I’m kind of liking it. Going to try to get out tomorrow or Friday on my regular course with it

Back