2023 Titleist T-Series Irons

I have the zx5 which are historically wider sole than I play. So far 3 rounds in with t150 and I just like the turf interaction better off the tight Bermuda lies. Distance is the same. I’ll report more later.
Perfect, that's what I play.

A 4i is back in the bag. The 350 4i just goes high and straight, don’t feel like I have to go after it. Plus Marni gave me a good reminder about hitting 4 irons.
Oh, so you're gonna keep it to yourself? 😀

Going to start comparing numbers from the new irons from my old gamers the Apex CF 19s in the coming weeks. Will be posting some comparisons and thoughts. May even start with a few clubs tonight if I can get my to do list done from being gone. These irons felt so good once I got in the groove with them. It will be interesting to see what numbers changed and by how much. To me distances felt similar, stopping power felt better in all of them and dispersion it felt like when I missed the ball on the face it wasn't too bad of a result.

Going to start comparing numbers from the new irons from my old gamers the Apex CF 19s in the coming weeks. Will be posting some comparisons and thoughts. May even start with a few clubs tonight if I can get my to do list done from being gone. These irons felt so good once I got in the groove with them. It will be interesting to see what numbers changed and by how much. To me distances felt similar, stopping power felt better in all of them and dispersion it felt like when I missed the ball on the face it wasn't too bad of a result.
You played very well yesterday with the irons.

One thing that’s caught my attention with my T150s is how consistent my distance control has been. I’ve been pin high a ton. Really enjoying the feel and control.

Well, the new bats came home today. Couldn't take them out in the wild due to the rain, so I set up my net and prgr monitor (it actually reads 2 or 3 mph less than what Trackman shows, and of course without spin numbers) in the barn to work on consistency and contact (thank you Doctor Scholl's). My numbers look good, but will have to see ball flight outside tomorrow. However, my new T200's didn't include a 4 iron, went with a TSR2 4 hybrid which is pretty sweet, but now I have a 20 yard gap between my 5 iron and 4 hybrid. Practicing gripping down if I need to close that gap, but I can forsee a T350 4 iron in my future.

My Apex 21's served me pretty well, but I struggled with the face at setup and was never as consistent as I had been with the Apex Pros for some reason. Not sure why, but I set up over these irons and they look RIGHT. Guess I'll begin finding out tomorrow.

Well, I received my Apex CB order partially last Saturday. I ordered 7-11 (AW) CB's and received 8-10(PW). I was able to take the few I received out to hit them against my Titleist T150. Couple of things: (For reference, I am coming from playing the TCB and the '21 T100)

1. These look fantastic! Better than the TCB irons I had earlier in the year.

2. They are not that different in size from the T150. Top line is a bit thinner, but honestly to my eye, there is nothing to it. I know the CB is not a direct "competitor" to the T150, But I think the size is more in line with the T150 than the Apex Pros are. The Pros seemed bigger to me.

3. They are more demanding than the T150. I expected this. But man, mishits with the CB you felt and saw. With the T150's I can mishit and it did not penalize me near as much.

4. I will reevaluate the CBs as soon as I get the other 2 irons. I have my league championship next week and the T150s will be in the bag for that! I am gonna find it hard for the Apex CB to beat the T150 just on the forgiveness alone.

I as well have played the TCB’s for the past 2 years and hit the T150/200’s at a Titleist fitting day at my course a few weeks back. While I luv the TCB’s I was pleasantly surprised at the ease and forgiveness of the Titleist irons. I haven’t hit the new Callaway irons but boy was I impressed with the new T series.

Well, the new bats came home today. Couldn't take them out in the wild due to the rain, so I set up my net and prgr monitor (it actually reads 2 or 3 mph less than what Trackman shows, and of course without spin numbers) in the barn to work on consistency and contact (thank you Doctor Scholl's). My numbers look good, but will have to see ball flight outside tomorrow. However, my new T200's didn't include a 4 iron, went with a TSR2 4 hybrid which is pretty sweet, but now I have a 20 yard gap between my 5 iron and 4 hybrid. Practicing gripping down if I need to close that gap, but I can forsee a T350 4 iron in my future.

My Apex 21's served me pretty well, but I struggled with the face at setup and was never as consistent as I had been with the Apex Pros for some reason. Not sure why, but I set up over these irons and they look RIGHT. Guess I'll begin finding out tomorrow.
I high recommend the T350 4i. It’s very easy to hit and elevate.

Regarding the 48 wedge. I pitched and chipped a lot with this at Dormie. I once had a pitch over a bunker off pine straw with a tucked pin. I had a SW and this in my hand and the caddie took the SW from me. I used the gap and gave myself a nice little putt.
On full shots it’s about 110 for me which is longer than my Vokey 48. I spent a lot more time chipping with it tonight on about 40
Foot chips. So easy to run to the hole and keep low.
IMG_7944.jpegIMG_7945.jpegIMG_7946.jpeg

I did get to hit the 350 at a fitting yesterday and out of all the heads I hit this one had the best feel. I just wish it wasn't $200 a stick.

WOW. Ordered my irons on sunday, got shipping notification they will be here tomorrow!!! What a turn around. Slightly excited and I'm playing tomorrow afternoon too :)

My distance control with these irons (T150) is excellent, loving it!

IMG_0112.jpeg

Last edited:
The T200 utilities are just lovely…. Have I said that yet?

I’m going through Arccos and looking at my stats over the last 3 rounds and my misses are looking better. I’m noticing most of them are long or short and that’s just because I was getting used to the stronger lofts. That should improve. The worst part of my game is putting. When you shoot a 101 but have 47 putts, it hurts.

Here's the Arccos data for approach shots from this season with my previous clubs (Ping i230) and the recent 4 rounds I've played so far using these new Titleist T200 irons. There are some obvious data limitations due to small sample size with the new set of irons, but this reinforces my impression that the T200s are playing more accurately for me in a way that absolutely means better scores.

In real play I did not see the big distance gains suggested at my fitting. So with roughly equivalent distances, the jump in GIR is pretty significant and the proximity to the pin when GIR is going to have a big impact on shots gained by taking some pressure off the putter. (And this was while playing more difficult courses than usual.)

i230 5 iron: avg 166yds, 37% GIR, 89' to pin, 30' to pin when GIR
T200 5 iron: avg 168yds, 17% GIR, 170' to pin, 15' to pin when GIR

i230 6 iron: avg 169yds, 37% GIR, 96' to pin, 28' to pin when GIR
T200 6 iron: avg 169yds, 50% GIR, 70' to pin, 20' to pin when GIR

i230 7 iron: avg 156yds, 38% GIR, 74' to pin, 27' to pin when GIR
T200 7 iron: avg 157yds, 57% GIR, 65' to pin, 34' to pin when GIR

i230 8 iron: avg 144yds, 37% GIR, 77' to pin, 35' to pin when GIR
T200 8 iron: avg 145yds, 50% GIR, 36' to pin, 18' to pin when GIR

i230 9 iron: avg 137yds, 43% GIR, 51' to pin, 27' to pin when GIR
T200 9 iron: avg 142yds, 67% GIR, 33' to pin, 25' to pin when GIR

i230 PW: avg 127yds, 51% GIR, 49' to pin, 24' to pin when GIR
T200 PW: avg 124yds, 100% GIR, avg 18 to pin, 18' to pin when GIR

i230 GW: avg 107yds, 52% GIR, 55' to pin, 25' to pin when GIR
T200 GW: avg 106yds, 50% GIR, 104' to pin, 14' to pin when GIR

Love these T-series irons!

titleist.jpg

Another great round with the T series irons. Still learning to trust the KBS tour shafts, but the aesthetics behind the ball and the feel off the face is phenomenal. I really appreciate getting the feedback from poor strikes, as it helps me know where I’ve missed it. The King Tours are amazing irons, but they are so soft they tend to mask certain slight misses that I want a back hand for.. 😆. T series give me that swat on the bottom when I’ve been bad.

The T200 utility build 3 and 4 irons are so fun.

I plan to use some early mornings for range sessions and to dial in my irons. This morning was the first, but here in the North East, temperatures may not be the friendliest. It was nice out, but 50 degrees with a light breeze.

The differences between the new T series irons and my old T200's are the addition of the T150's in the 8i through GW, and the shafts. My old set are Project X 6.0's. My new set is Project X 6.5's

Based on the 3 rounds that I gamed the new irons, my distances from ShoteScope compared to my old T200's are as follows:
4i old: N/A
4i T200 U: 210 y

5i old: 198
5i T200: 194

6i old: 187
6i T200: 182

7i old: 173
7i T200: 175

8i old: 163
8i T150: 167

9i old: 155
9i T150: 153

PW 43 degree old (part of T200 set): 143
PW 43 degree T150: 139

46 degree Vokey: 125
47 degree Edison 2.0: 116
48 degree T150: 119

Distances are in the ball park and based on what I saw at the range today, I think the new irons will fall in line well. I was not expecting distance gains since I am going from an older version of the T series to the new one, but I was surprised by the 8i being longer since that is the longest T150 I have. If anything, I would expect a larger gap between my 8i and 7i since there is a 5.5 degree difference rather than the 4 in the straight sets, but that additional 1.5 degrees seems to not affect my gapping. More rounds to pull data from will help.

The tighter dispersion I saw when being fitted was what I want to see out on the course. I have the habit of pulling shots left with irons and saw similar flights with the new irons. I am working to correct this but other than 2 wild pulls over the weekend, all shots left were within up and down range and not completely unplayable or lost.

Once I have rounds at my home course I should have more data, but at the range I saw dispersions of about the following:
4i T200 Utility: 15 yards
5i T200: 15 yards
7i T200: 10 yards
8i T150: 5 yards
48* T150: 5 yards

The 15 yard dispersion will cause missed greens, but from 180 and out, I am not expecting a high success rate. From 175 to 225, I have a 25% hit rate of greens. Over the 3 rounds with the new irons, I had a 36% success rate. This could be amazing news, or too small of a sample size. Probably the latter. Adding the 4i which is my favorite club so far adds a forgiving club at the top of the bag that will hopefully boost those numbers. Relying on my hybrid which I can hit well but wildly has caused issues.

The feel of the irons is a plus. The irons feel easy to swing with the T150's feeling lighter and easier to swing, but the T200's, especially the longer irons feel smoother; they feel less subject to overdoing certain motions...hard to explain, but I do not see huge misses (minus hitting a shot fat or thin) from off center hits or swings that get a bit wonky.

Onto the range session:
My typical shots are center-toe and higher on the face. The two shots below did not deviate much as far as distance nor direction/path. This is a very good thing for the longer irons since missing fairways is an issue of mine, but if I can take a 4i off the tee and guarantee an in-play shot, then I should be able to score better.
1695944964861.png 1695944982229.png

Based on 5 shots each with 5 of the new irons, I saw 1 heel hit (4i - shortest shot I hit), 8 toe hits, and 16 center hits. Given the dispersion of 5 yards for short irons - if I can keep that up - the contact I am making should equate to hitting targets.

The last bit I will add is the ability to shape a shot. This is not truly a thing I can do with tons of success, but I was able to do it 2 out of 2 times while at Dormie: once with a 6i T200 drawing punch from the pine straw out into the fairway, and once with the 8i T150 when in the left rough blocked by a tree to draw it back onto the green on 18. If I can put a purposeful curve on a T200 and T150, then I can only imagine the control low handicaps can utilize.

Three rounds and a range session so far. Based on what I have seen, I am more than a little excited to see how they stack up long term. I have a 4 man scramble tomorrow and then a simulator tournament on Saturday and should get some solid numbers from that.

Last edited:
One normal 9 hole league today after work. Shot one under with these. Forgiveness is top notch. I thinned a pw on approach and it still grabbed. I love these irons, so soft and get through the turf great.

One normal 9 hole league today after work. Shot one under with these. Forgiveness is top notch. I thinned a pw on approach and it still grabbed. I love these irons, so soft and get through the turf great.
So I expect you’ll be sub 5 index by Robson Ranch.

Was able to hop on the Skytrak plus tonight to start comparing the new Titleist irons to my old gamers which were the Apex CF 19s. Decided to start with the 48, PW, and 9 iron and will continue to work through the bag comparing numbers. For this test I allowed myself 13 shots with each club and kept the best 10. Keep in mind I have only had 3 rounds with the new Titleist irons so still adjusting to them. I have played the Apex 19s since they came out so they are very familiar to me.

For those that don't know yet or didn't see it in the live thread I was fit into the Titleist T350s 4-6 and the T200s 7-GW. The shafts in the new irons are the Mitsubishi Tensei AV red AM 2 in stiff flex and the Apex 19s are KBS C Taper Lite stiff. All shots were using a Pro V1. Let's take a look below.

In the the data below the 1st set of data is the Apex 19s and the 2nd set of data is the T200s and when looking at the shot plotting the Apex 19s are in white and the T200s in red. This will remain consistent throughout when I test.

Both GWs are 48 degrees and the T200s were pretty much higher in all categories. They had higher ball speed, club head speed, launch degrees, back spin (minimal), descent angle, and height. The were also longer in carry but roll out was the same. I am liking what I see here as I am gaining some distance and with that descent angle and spin they will be holding some greens. The dispersion was similar between the clubs but not as many left misses which is good as in the Apex 19s the GW is 2* upright and in the T200s I got them at standard lie, will monitor this on the course to see if I still miss left with the 9-GW.

1695945379109.png
1695945764281.png

Both PWs are 43 degrees and when looking at this data the T200s where not higher in every category. The ball speed and club speed were higher however the spin was a little lower along with the descent angle and there was a little more roll out. I did pick up carry yardage and still think I should be fine stopping this on the green. I didn't have any issue while at Dormie that is for sure. The dispersion is similar with the two clubs but the same as the GW the Apex 19s is 2* upright and in the T200s I got them at standard lie. Again will be monitoring this on course to see if I miss left with the new irons.

1695945857113.png
1695946105510.png
The 9 iron in the Apex 19s is 38.5* and the T200s is 39*. Like the PW when looking at this data the T200s where not higher in every category. The ball speed, club speed, and descent angle were higher however the spin was a tad lower but roll out was the same. I picked up some good yardage again which is nice not being a long hitter. Again I don't have any doubt that this will stop on the green. I had one shot a Dormie with this 9 iron and it zipped back to a couple inches and almost went in for a gimmie. The dispersion is similar with the two clubs but the same as the GW and PW the 9 iron Apex 19s is 2* upright and in the T200s I got them at standard lie. Again will be monitoring this on course to see if I miss left with the new irons.

1695946733386.png

1695946784175.png

In summary I am liking what I am seeing from the new irons while a lot of the numbers are close I am picking up some carry yardage which is nice for not being a long hitter and still have the stopping power I am used in the 9-GW. I can say when hitting the Titleist T200s in the center of the face it fells so pure and better than the Apex CF 19s which I thought would be hard to beat. I am also loving the feeling of the graphite shaft. I feel like I can tell where the club head is more and where I miss on the head better as well. I did start hitting a few shots with the 7 and 8 to see if the yardage was longer and it absolutely is. Will be interesting to see the numbers on those as well as when I move into the T350s in the 4-6 irons.

Let me know your thoughts or if you have any questions on anything or want to see any other type of testing with the new clubs. Should be able to test a couple more this weekend and get some results up.

Was able to hop on the Skytrak plus tonight to start comparing the new Titleist irons to my old gamers which were the Apex CF 19s. Decided to start with the 48, PW, and 9 iron and will continue to work through the bag comparing numbers. For this test I allowed myself 13 shots with each club and kept the best 10. Keep in mind I have only had 3 rounds with the new Titleist irons so still adjusting to them. I have played the Apex 19s since they came out so they are very familiar to me.

For those that don't know yet or didn't see it in the live thread I was fit into the Titleist T350s 4-6 and the T200s 7-GW. The shafts in the new irons are the Mitsubishi Tensei AV red AM 2 in stiff flex and the Apex 19s are KBS C Taper Lite stiff. All shots were using a Pro V1. Let's take a look below.

In the the data below the 1st set of data is the Apex 19s and the 2nd set of data is the T200s and when looking at the shot plotting the Apex 19s are in white and the T200s in red. This will remain consistent throughout when I test.

Both GWs are 48 degrees and the T200s were pretty much higher in all categories. They had higher ball speed, club head speed, launch degrees, back spin (minimal), descent angle, and height. The were also longer in carry but roll out was the same. I am liking what I see here as I am gaining some distance and with that descent angle and spin they will be holding some greens. The dispersion was similar between the clubs but not as many left misses which is good as in the Apex 19s the GW is 2* upright and in the T200s I got them at standard lie, will monitor this on the course to see if I still miss left with the 9-GW.

View attachment 9208942
View attachment 9208944

Both PWs are 43 degrees and when looking at this data the T200s where not higher in every category. The ball speed and club speed were higher however the spin was a little lower along with the descent angle and there was a little more roll out. I did pick up carry yardage and still think I should be fine stopping this on the green. I didn't have any issue while at Dormie that is for sure. The dispersion is similar with the two clubs but the same as the GW the Apex 19s is 2* upright and in the T200s I got them at standard lie. Again will be monitoring this on course to see if I miss left with the new irons.

View attachment 9208945
View attachment 9208946
The 9 iron in the Apex 19s is 38.5* and the T200s is 39*. Like the PW when looking at this data the T200s where not higher in every category. The ball speed, club speed, and descent angle were higher however the spin was a tad lower but roll out was the same. I picked up some good yardage again which is nice not being a long hitter. Again I don't have any doubt that this will stop on the green. I had one shot a Dormie with this 9 iron and it zipped back to a couple inches and almost went in for a gimmie. The dispersion is similar with the two clubs but the same as the GW and PW the 9 iron Apex 19s is 2* upright and in the T200s I got them at standard lie. Again will be monitoring this on course to see if I miss left with the new irons.

View attachment 9208952

View attachment 9208953

In summary I am liking what I am seeing from the new irons while a lot of the numbers are close I am picking up some carry yardage which is nice for not being a long hitter and still have the stopping power I am used in the 9-GW. I can say when hitting the Titleist T200s in the center of the face it fells so pure and better than the Apex CF 19s which I thought would be hard to beat. I am also loving the feeling of the graphite shaft. I feel like I can tell where the club head is more and where I miss on the head better as well. I did start hitting a few shots with the 7 and 8 to see if the yardage was longer and it absolutely is. Will be interesting to see the numbers on those as well as when I move into the T350s in the 4-6 irons.

Let me know your thoughts or if you have any questions on anything or want to see any other type of testing with the new clubs. Should be able to test a couple more this weekend and get some results up.
Great write up.

Appears my Titleist Experience compadres are already absolutely KILLING it with their reviews. Great job boys! I have been in complete work related chaos since returning, hence this being my first list in here since the Experience, but I promise I'll be giving this its due.

Onto the irons. A reminder to those following along at home, I went with the T200 4-8, and T150 9-G or 48, as Titleist marked it. (Interesting point there - Titleist mentioned at the event they marked it "48" instead of "G" or "A" or "W" to assist with people gapping into their higher lofted wedges) KBS Tour Stiff (120g) shafts and Lamkin UTx Cord grips all through. When first presented to us on Sunday, my first thought (other than "WOOOOO NEW IRONS!!!!") was that these irons are smaller than I remembered! Both the models - and especially the T200 - look quite compact for their target market and the level of forgiveness they offer. However, they actually aren't as different as they look - the shape of the soles makes these LOOK smaller. For comparison, take a look at the top line and sole of the T200 compared to my old ZX5's (T200 left, ZX5 right):
PXL_20230929_112642172.jpg
PXL_20230929_112759854.MP.jpg
You can see the trailing edge relief is much more significant and starts earlier in the T200, making the sole LOOK smaller, but the actual width is pretty darn similar. Similarly on the top line view, they are very similar in topline thickness and blade length but the shorter hosel makes the T200 look more compact. Kudos to Marni and the Titleist team hiding so much forgiveness into this all business look.

Now on the T150, we are definitely truly smaller than the ZX5 - which makes sense because the T150 is into the true "players iron" category - but again, sole shaping and hosel size make the difference look greater than it is, contributing to that all business look Titleist is going for (T150 left, ZX5 right):
PXL_20230929_114344994.jpg
PXL_20230929_114447674.MP.jpg
Performance wise, for now I'm going to focus on qualitative measures, until I've had a chance to crunch the numbers from my Shot Scope data at Dormie (likely this weekend). From the first range session at Dormie, I was immediately hooked on the feel, the sounds, the feedback and the turf interaction of these irons. @praterkeith mentioned he heard me making all kinds of sounds, hopefully I didn't freak him out too much 🤣 but it was all because of those qualitative things. They feel so soft off the club face when struck well, especially the T150 but honestly the T200 is VERY close in this regard. It feels just slightly hotter, but not as much as you'd think. Sound wise, they are extremely solid in both cases as well. A solid "click" that's fairly low frequency, muted and satisfying with no hollow undertones. I also really appreciated the feedback. You can really tell where you got the ball on the face, but it's never harsh. This is definitely helping in my adjustment period into the irons, which appeared to be nicely progressing as of the last Dormie round.

All that said, I think the turf interaction is my absolute favorite quality of these thus far. They cut through pretty much any turf with what feels like no resistance, and it's SO satisfying. I was worried coming from the V Sole of Srixon fame that I feel has great turf interaction, and given how small the soles appear on these, but my fears were completely unfounded and these are even better. Even when I chunk it a little, I look up expecting a big distance penalty and then it's only 10 yards short. Pretty crazy stuff!

Overall my first impressions are super positive, and I can't wait to get these out on my local range and course in the coming days and weeks. I'll stay away from distance talk for now until I've had a chance to go through the Shot Scope data and/or get a launch monitor assisted range session in, but high level they seem to be flying my standard distances and maybe a touch longer, but not sure if I'm seeing the ~1/2 club extra my fitting suggested. Will be able to speak to that better soon.

Any questions, comments or requests for my testing, please let me know! Excited to have the opportunity to put these through their paces!

Will be back out on the course tomorrow. Have a semi final match play match, going in strong with the T series this round!
Personally, hoping to find more consistency striking the ball. They feel awesome on good passes through the ball and hope the last 3 day break will get my swing more in order.

Here's the Arccos data for approach shots from this season with my previous clubs (Ping i230) and the recent 4 rounds I've played so far using these new Titleist T200 irons. There are some obvious data limitations due to small sample size with the new set of irons, but this reinforces my impression that the T200s are playing more accurately for me in a way that absolutely means better scores.

In real play I did not see the big distance gains suggested at my fitting. So with roughly equivalent distances, the jump in GIR is pretty significant and the proximity to the pin when GIR is going to have a big impact on shots gained by taking some pressure off the putter. (And this was while playing more difficult courses than usual.)

i230 5 iron: avg 166yds, 37% GIR, 89' to pin, 30' to pin when GIR
T200 5 iron: avg 168yds, 17% GIR, 170' to pin, 15' to pin when GIR

i230 6 iron: avg 169yds, 37% GIR, 96' to pin, 28' to pin when GIR
T200 6 iron: avg 169yds, 50% GIR, 70' to pin, 20' to pin when GIR

i230 7 iron: avg 156yds, 38% GIR, 74' to pin, 27' to pin when GIR
T200 7 iron: avg 157yds, 57% GIR, 65' to pin, 34' to pin when GIR

i230 8 iron: avg 144yds, 37% GIR, 77' to pin, 35' to pin when GIR
T200 8 iron: avg 145yds, 50% GIR, 36' to pin, 18' to pin when GIR

i230 9 iron: avg 137yds, 43% GIR, 51' to pin, 27' to pin when GIR
T200 9 iron: avg 142yds, 67% GIR, 33' to pin, 25' to pin when GIR

i230 PW: avg 127yds, 51% GIR, 49' to pin, 24' to pin when GIR
T200 PW: avg 124yds, 100% GIR, avg 18 to pin, 18' to pin when GIR

i230 GW: avg 107yds, 52% GIR, 55' to pin, 25' to pin when GIR
T200 GW: avg 106yds, 50% GIR, 104' to pin, 14' to pin when GIR

Love these T-series irons!

View attachment 9208857
Very interesting that you are finding the distances between the sets so close. Distance was one reason I went with the t-150's over my i230's, the 150/200's got me my distance back that i was losing with the i230's. Could have been a shaft issue in my case.

Back