2023 Titleist T-Series Irons

Just got my tracking number :cool:

First round with the new set and I must say, I am impressed. Hardly missed a beat coming from my Paradyms. Very similar distance with good feel and in my opinion, much better looking and sounding clubs.

1694117568581.png
Introducing the Titleist T400 Iron – Available Exclusively in the Japan Domestic Market

Elevate your game to new heights with the Titleist T400 Iron, equipped with the revolutionary Max Impact 2.0 technology. Designed for golfers seeking unparalleled distance, forgiveness, and ease of play, this iron represents the pinnacle of super game improvement technology

My 150s arrived today. I ran down to the store during lunch to pick them up. Right now, my biggest concern is that I should have just ordered T150s through the entire set, rather than blending in T200s for the 5 and 6 iron. I seem to flush the 150s more regularly.

I hit a few balls into the Foresight monitor. I was not warmed up at all, but I was seeing ball speeds of 115 to 117 with the 7 iron, which are great numbers for me. The launch looked really good, as did the ball flight. Spin was hanging right around 5800 with 7 iron.

I hit some pitching wedges outside on some grass with tour level balls. I was seeing very pleasing distance and consistency. With both the 7 iron and the pw, my flight was a very predictable draw, which is fine. What I want is a flight that repeats over and over.

My biggest question is going to be the shafts. I paid a huge upgrade to go with the Graphite Design shafts. They feel fine and seem to be producing the numbers I want, but they don’t feel any better than the SteelFibers that I was playing in the T100S/200 set.

I have a round scheduled for tomorrow and am excited to see what happens. More feedback to follow…

As a 2021 T300 convert, I’m really interested in the T350. I tried to play Hot Metals, but blade length put me off and into the HMP. I’ve played JPX forged and MP MMC and HMB- all just for blade length and closure really. The T300s are the most game improvement club I’ve ever been comfortable playing and I can tell my game is improved. I thought I was done for a while, but the T350 seems dramatically improved from what reviewers are saying.

Okay...my Titleist fitting is on Sunday morning!

I'm a pretty typical mid swing speed player at 50 years old and an 8 handicap. I was fit this spring into i230s at standard lie with regular flex Nippon NSPro 950GH shafts. Indoor hitting off a mat, normal 6-irons only approach. They've performed great, especially adding needed spin, apex, and holding. My irons currently are 5-GW with hybrids above.

- What fitting advice do you have for me?
- What's your guess on my results?

I'm a pretty typical mid swing speed player at 50 years old and an 8 handicap. I was fit this spring into i230s at standard lie with regular flex Nippon NSPro 950GH shafts. Indoor hitting off a mat, normal 6-irons only approach. They've performed great, especially adding needed spin, apex, and holding. My irons currently are 5-GW with hybrids above.

I'll wager a guess with:
T350 4-6
T200 7-GW
Nippon NSPro 950GH shaft (I was fit into the same shaft as my last fitting)

For your fitting, my only advice is to talk to the fitter as to why they are trying one head or shaft over another to get their insight. They are a fantastic source of knowledge. Also, give the long irons a go, including the utility builds. They were easier to hit than long irons of yesteryear.

Good luck with it. I don’t even dare wager a guess. So much of it depends upon how you deliver the head to the ball. At an 8 index, you most likely will have T200s in the bag somewhere, but it is possible that you could be fit into either T350 in longer clubs or T150 in shorter clubs. You might even end up with a full bag of T200s.

I'll wager a guess with:
T350 4-6
T200 7-GW
Nippon NSPro 950GH shaft (I was fit into the same shaft as my last fitting)

For your fitting, my only advice is to talk to the fitter as to why they are trying one head or shaft over another to get their insight. They are a fantastic source of knowledge. Also, give the long irons a go, including the utility builds. They were easier to hit than long irons of yesteryear.

great suggestions, thanks! at my last fitting i pretty just hit whatever i was handed. i do want more of the "how come" to help understand the intersection of my swing and the clubs, and with plenty of time this should be possible. the idea that a player's distance club like the T200s now offer more forgiveness than recent GI clubs is crazy cool. and i'm quite intrigued by the possibility of replacing a hybrid with a utility as well, so definitely going to ask about that.

Good luck with it. I don’t even dare wager a guess. So much of it depends upon how you deliver the head to the ball. At an 8 index, you most likely will have T200s in the bag somewhere, but it is possible that you could be fit into either T350 in longer clubs or T150 in shorter clubs. You might even end up with a full bag of T200s.

my data keeps telling me that i need the most work/help in longer approaches, so that 4-6 irons range will be a key spot for me and i'm very curious to find out what direction we go there in the fitting.

great suggestions, thanks! at my last fitting i pretty just hit whatever i was handed. i do want more of the "how come" to help understand the intersection of my swing and the clubs, and with plenty of time this should be possible. the idea that a player's distance club like the T200s now offer more forgiveness than recent GI clubs is crazy cool. and i'm quite intrigued by the possibility of replacing a hybrid with a utility as well, so definitely going to ask about that.
Club tech has advanced and to hear that some pros are putting the T200's into play still blows my mind. I can't wait to hear how your fitting went!

Guess you may be similar to me
4-6 T350
7-GW T200

However it is possible you may hit the T150s well, I was surprised how well I hit them being around a 14 handicap.

For your fitting don't be afraid to ask questions on what they are seeing on the screen or ask to try some different shafts then the one he suggested as you never know. I don't think he would have tried any of the graphite shafts if I hadn't asked and I ended up hit and liking those the best. Also don't be bothered by you bad shots just move on and try to hit the next one good.

T200 is my guess. Have fun

I’ve gotten 7 or 8 rounds in with the T100 and I am very pleased with them. I’ve been trying to get away from blades for the last couple of years and finally found a set that feels like a blade through impact but gives me a little help when I’m not striking the ball as well as I would like.

My first round with the T150/200 combo set was rough. It was one of my worst ball striking rounds for irons of the year. I traded in my old T100S/200 set for the new irons and I have a tournament on Monday, so I am a bit flummoxed.

My first round with the T150/200 combo set was rough. It was one of my worst ball striking rounds for irons of the year. I traded in my old T100S/200 set for the new irons and I have a tournament on Monday, so I am a bit flummoxed.
You just need another go, you’re too good not to adjust.

After a delay and having to postpone Titleist fitting event at the club today is the day. Wasn’t sure I was going to make it back for fitting event. Was able to shuffle schedule and drive back for the weekend. My scheduled time is 2:30. Looking forward to trying out the new line. @JB s commits on WGP about the forgivingness of these got be super pumped to give them a try. I’m guessing either a complete set of 200’s or a mixed set of 200’s and 150’s. I’ll be back with thoughts later today

Well I pulled the trigger and ordered a combo set. 5,6 in the t200 and 7-pw in t150.. now for the uncomfortable waiting..

Hit both the 200s and the 350s. Didn’t hit the 200s any better today than what’s in my bag. Could have been due to my swing today. The 350 7 iron was absolutely automatic. Will try them again at sometime. Tried the the utility iron. Fitter recommends the 350 in a 4 iron in that position. I could see that happening.

As a 2021 T300 convert, I’m really interested in the T350. I tried to play Hot Metals, but blade length put me off and into the HMP. I’ve played JPX forged and MP MMC and HMB- all just for blade length and closure really. The T300s are the most game improvement club I’ve ever been comfortable playing and I can tell my game is improved. I thought I was done for a while, but the T350 seems dramatically improved from what reviewers are saying.
I had T300s for a bit. Hit the T200s, T350s and a bunch of other clubs, all the same day..for me the Callaway DCB 21 was easily the winner, despite me expecting to get graphite T series going in. At first I was afraid of the offset, but it was easy to adjust to. And the feel is phenomenal.

Got in a good practice session with the irons today. It felt and looked much better. The shafts feel so much different than what I had been playing, but I am more confident that I will habituate myself to them. I love how the bag looks.

IMG_5910.jpeg

finally saw this line today. super impressed. can’t believe how small the t200 and t150 are given their target audience. they look amazing

Back