2023 Titleist T-Series Irons

Hit a T150 5 iron over lunch. one, it's really cool Titleist sent some longer irons to fitters. Two, while the 5 iron at the T150 is probably a reach for me, from what I experienced I think I could game the 6 iron and certainly the 7 iron down. I saw a pretty consistent ball speed over the 5 or 6 swings, especially in comparison to a few other models I was hitting today.

Plus that satin finish is stunning. If the T200 had the same it would be really hard to not look at combo set for these.

Also hit the 150 7i in a Golftown bay, alongside ZX7 and i230. I liked the Ping a lot, as someone who played an i in the past, and it didn't lose as much yardage as I thought it might, to 150, but the Titleist will inspire dreams. Hit it well and straight. Will revisit.

Who can compare 350 v 200 from hitting them?

I only hit the 4i in both
Thanks. Was curious as the T350 might fit the adage play the most forgiving iron you can stand to look at adage

Thanks. Was curious as the T350 might fit the adage play the most forgiving iron you can stand to look at adage
I have 350 in 5-6, and 200 in 7-P. I have only hit them a handful of times so I don't have much input on performance. Looks wise the 350 is certainly bigger, but it's not off-putting. They did a good job of rounding the topline to make it appear slimmer. If you came from a T100 it'd look chunky, if you're used to looking at GI irons it'd look pretty svelte.

My fitting this morning with Arnold Glickman, who was absolutely great.

After I warmed up a bit with my current clubs using range balls we discussed my golf history, current game, and goals. I shared my slow but steady improvement, recent move from game improvement to player's distance irons, and my goal to cut strokes in the mid-iron distances. He expressed a lot of confidence that the new Titleist irons were going to help.

He had me hit my current 7-iron on the Trackman to set a baseline (Ping i230 with regular flex Nippon NSPro 950GH shaft). After shaking off a few shots of someone's-evaluating-me nerves, I settled into a good rhythm. Consistent swing speed at 82mph, good turf interaction, going ~150yds. We looked at the stats and dispersion, he checked that this was typical, and then we went to work with the Titleist.

Right out of the gate, he wanted me in a T200 with a stiff shaft. "You're too strong for the regular and it doesn't give you the right kick."
Visually they do look "small" but in a way that draws my focus to the middle of the face. It's saying, "Hit me here!" Okay.
He pulled the T200 head, and first up was an AMT black stiff shaft 95 that was close to my current club weight. Light but stiff, and hard to time.
Next up was the KBS $ Taper Lite 100. The feel of weight is shifted to the bottom of the clubface. Bang! Why is the club making that noise? Why are those balls flying so far? The club just wanted to fall into the ball, so I let it. Dispersion was tight to the eye, and really great on the Trackman.
Okay, let's go heavier: Project X 120. Oh, that's really dragging (slowed me down 2mph). Hits well when it's there, but a lot harder not to jerk to try to speed it up. Similar distance but more dispersion.
Back to the KBS...bang! Why is that divot so perfect? Goldilocks zone, we have a winner. Hit a similarly weighted shaft on a T200 5-iron to test swing speed and confirm consistency, and the extra few mph at the clubhead was just what he expected.

Now we talked about the 4-iron / hybrid zone. Hitting a U-505 quickly ruled that out, as I wanted to sweep it too much and was too thin.
Moving to the T350 and the ball is punching out there high, far, and straight. 200yds from a crisp iron swing? I didn't know that was a thing. Beauty.

The difference is stunning.
- Gamer i230 7-iron with regular flex shaft, 82mph swing speed: avg 148yds carry.
- Titleist T200 7-iron with KBS stiff 100, same 82mph swing speed: avg 165 yards carry, 44 degree descent angle.
A club-plus of extra distance is going to create some real adjustments to my club selection. In terms of my goal for improving in the mid-irons, being able to gain 1-2 clubs of distance while also improving dispersion should make hitting targets at longer ranges so much easier. The feel of the ball off the face is spectacular - soft and sharp at the same time, and offering tons of feedback on where I hit the ball off the face. Just beautiful.

T200 GW-5i / T350 4i
KBS $ Taper Lite 100 stiff
Lamkin UTX grips, logo down

It'll be tough to wait the next couple of weeks to get them in hand in North Carolina. I've got a ton of questions for the Titleist team about how they can help bring this to my imperfect swing...

View attachment 9204069View attachment 9204070View attachment 9204088

Awesome results. It seemed like 148 carry was a bit short with your clubhead speed. Interesting that a heavier, stiffer shaft is getting you more distance.

I'll jump in and add that I had a fitting on Wednesday, but I went in not really caring what clubs he handed me, just looking for better carry numbers, better dispersion, and improved gapping over what I've been getting with my Apex 21's. We had a great 2 1/2 hour fitting session (my ass was dragging, I'm 66).

After we settled on a shaft (Dynamic Gold 95 R300), we whittled down the heads, and it came down to P790's or T200's. But, in my mind it wasn't a tough call, all the numbers were slightly better with the 200's and the dispersion was TIGHT with the 200's. Hit a bunch of hybrids also.

Oddly enough, when we were finished (I wasn't paying for lessons), he asked me if I could make a better hip turn. I said "I dunno"...lol. However, I concentrated on making as big of a turn as I could (I'm gonna have to do some stretching :(, but added 3 MPH to my 7 iron swing and went from (-1.7) to (-2.5) attack angle. Nothing to brag about but instantly noticeable results. In addition, he told me I need to change from PRO V1's to PRO V1X because I need all the spin I can find.

Longish story shorter...I ended up with T200's 5 thru GW, Throw in a TSR2 - 4 Hybrid $$$$$$$$$$$

Played with my buddies the last couple of days and they just wondered where the new swing and added distance came from. Me, I just can't wait for the new sticks!

OH, just want to add, standing over these 200's, as I told him "they just make me feel confident".

Sounds like my t200/t150 combo set will be in on Monday. I’m in a T/A working long hours so I may not make it back into town in time to grab them. It’s going to hard not to just bail out early and go pick them up!

Last edited:
Sounds like my t200/t150 combo set will be in on Monday. I’m a T/A working long hours so I may not make it back into town in time to grab them. It’s going to hard not to just bail out early and go pick them up!
Vegas just put up odds saying that you will.

I'm so committed to Titleist I got a U505 today too lol

Titleistttt!!!!!!!

I am starting to see something good cooking here. In my experience, clubs usually work for me right out of the gate or they don’t work out. More time doesn’t usually change much. These have been different.

I really struggled the first time out with my 150/200 combo set. I didn’t seem to be able to deliver the clubs as I am accustomed. I am sure it is the shaft, but I was feeling disappointed. Incrementally thereafter, I have seen improvement. I have had a couple of range sessions. Today’s round was flat out fun,

I hit an iron or pw 10 times. I hit 6 greens. However, two of the misses were just off the back of the green where I picked too much club. So, 8/10 shots with my set were good to excellent. I am starting to see some very good distance, too. Right now, I am a happy camper.

Last edited:
I am a Callaway homer but they had a Titleist fitting day at my club yesterday and was able to grab a 1 hour slot just before my tee time in the afternoon. I am looking for new watches in 2024 so I thought I would try out the SM9’s and see what grind and shaft would be the best.

Anyway, I started on the wages and got a good combination for a 54° and 58° wedge. I had so much time left over I decided to ask if I could get some of the new irons I took some swings to get some baselines with my Callaway apex TCB 7-iron and hit it very well. First head that I tried was a seven iron in the T200’s with my existing shaft, Steelfibre 95 stiff. It was very noticeable right away was how easy the T200 irons were to launch, both mid and high. Very more forgiving than my TCB’s and you certainly can feel the technology (tungsten) in the head. I was very impressed.

I next tried the T150 in the 7 iron, again same shaft. Again, beautiful flight sand easy to hit. Tried both heads in a AMT Black steel shaft and both felt great. The T150 though felt better on impact than the T200. The fitter confirmed that the best combination for 7 iron to wedge is the 150. I didn’t try the T100 because I am starting to embrace more forgiveness at the price of little less feel. Aging is a b*t h!

Anyway, I hit both the 5 iron followed by the 4 iron in the T200 with my shaft and after hitting multiple high straight shots the fitter said no reason to even try the 150 as I couldn’t get any better results. I was very impressed.

Now the bad news, total cost to spec out a combo set 4-G with my Steelfibre 95 shafts is almost $3,500 CAD. Unfortunately not going to happen in the years ahead. I think my days of buying new releases are behind me. I know if I were to have these in my bag my scores would improve overnight.

Overall the new Titleist release is a winner and anyone fortunate to receive or buy them will not be disappointed. Well done Titleist.

After my round yesterday I decided to give the irons a thorough cleaning. The back of the T150s tend to collect debris. While I was doing that I noticed something odd on the T200 6 iron. Now, I've had my set since the 7th of September and in that time I've been out a total of 15 times, mostly 9 hole rounds either early morning or evening. I do carry and normally carry in a Sunday type bag (MacKenzie) but still surprised to see this already. Wondering if anyone else is seeing something similar. FWIW, the 5 iron looks fine.20230917_154415.jpg

Wow, I thought that back plate was metal this time.

It only appears to be cosmetic at this point, and I'm fine with bag chatter, especially with forged clubs. But I guess I didn't expect this and didn't notice it until I was cleaning them, so it's not too bad yet. Just surprised me to be honest.

I'll probably check with the shop I went through when ordering, see what they say. Only a few more weeks left in my season realistically, so I'll keep an eye on it the rest of the year and see if it gets worse or happens with the 5 as well.

It only appears to be cosmetic at this point, and I'm fine with bag chatter, especially with forged clubs. But I guess I didn't expect this and didn't notice it until I was cleaning them, so it's not too bad yet. Just surprised me to be honest.

I'll probably check with the shop I went through when ordering, see what they say. Only a few more weeks left in my season realistically, so I'll keep an eye on it the rest of the year and see if it gets worse or happens with the 5 as well.
I sure hope that doesn't happen to either my 5 or 6 iron when i get them. If it does i will replace them with the T-150's in that slot. Titleist experience is coming up so maybe the guys can inquire if Titleist is seeing this. I remember when the last edition came out someone posted pics of the t200 having what looked like similar issues but never really heard much after so i'm thinking its very limited

I sure hope that doesn't happen to either my 5 or 6 iron when i get them. If it does i will replace them with the T-150's in that slot. Titleist experience is coming up so maybe the guys can inquire if Titleist is seeing this. I remember when the last edition came out someone posted pics of the t200 having what looked like similar issues but never really heard much after so i'm thinking its very limited
I played the last version of T200 for two years and they held up great.

My fitting this morning with Arnold Glickman, who was absolutely great.

After I warmed up a bit with my current clubs using range balls we discussed my golf history, current game, and goals. I shared my slow but steady improvement, recent move from game improvement to player's distance irons, and my goal to cut strokes in the mid-iron distances. He expressed a lot of confidence that the new Titleist irons were going to help.

He had me hit my current 7-iron on the Trackman to set a baseline (Ping i230 with regular flex Nippon NSPro 950GH shaft). After shaking off a few shots of someone's-evaluating-me nerves, I settled into a good rhythm. Consistent swing speed at 82mph, good turf interaction, going ~150yds. We looked at the stats and dispersion, he checked that this was typical, and then we went to work with the Titleist.

Right out of the gate, he wanted me in a T200 with a stiff shaft. "You're too strong for the regular and it doesn't give you the right kick."
Visually they do look "small" but in a way that draws my focus to the middle of the face. It's saying, "Hit me here!" Okay.
He pulled the T200 head, and first up was an AMT black stiff shaft 95 that was close to my current club weight. Light but stiff, and hard to time.
Next up was the KBS $ Taper Lite 100. The feel of weight is shifted to the bottom of the clubface. Bang! Why is the club making that noise? Why are those balls flying so far? The club just wanted to fall into the ball, so I let it. Dispersion was tight to the eye, and really great on the Trackman.
Okay, let's go heavier: Project X 120. Oh, that's really dragging (slowed me down 2mph). Hits well when it's there, but a lot harder not to jerk to try to speed it up. Similar distance but more dispersion.
Back to the KBS...bang! Why is that divot so perfect? Goldilocks zone, we have a winner. Hit a similarly weighted shaft on a T200 5-iron to test swing speed and confirm consistency, and the extra few mph at the clubhead was just what he expected.

Now we talked about the 4-iron / hybrid zone. Hitting a U-505 quickly ruled that out, as I wanted to sweep it too much and was too thin.
Moving to the T350 and the ball is punching out there high, far, and straight. 200yds from a crisp iron swing? I didn't know that was a thing. Beauty.

The difference is stunning.
- Gamer i230 7-iron with regular flex shaft, 82mph swing speed: avg 148yds carry.
- Titleist T200 7-iron with KBS stiff 100, same 82mph swing speed: avg 165 yards carry, 44 degree descent angle.
A club-plus of extra distance is going to create some real adjustments to my club selection. In terms of my goal for improving in the mid-irons, being able to gain 1-2 clubs of distance while also improving dispersion should make hitting targets at longer ranges so much easier. The feel of the ball off the face is spectacular - soft and sharp at the same time, and offering tons of feedback on where I hit the ball off the face. Just beautiful.

T200 GW-5i / T350 4i
KBS $ Taper Lite 100 stiff
Lamkin UTX grips, logo down

It'll be tough to wait the next couple of weeks to get them in hand in North Carolina. I've got a ton of questions for the Titleist team about how they can help bring this to my imperfect swing...

View attachment 9204069View attachment 9204070View attachment 9204088

Late seeing this due to recent vacation but awesome fitting man! Almost 20 yards is YUGE. I sense that will completely change your game. I'm excited for the ~1/2 club or so I got, nearly 2 clubs is gonna be transformative.

After my round yesterday I decided to give the irons a thorough cleaning. The back of the T150s tend to collect debris. While I was doing that I noticed something odd on the T200 6 iron. Now, I've had my set since the 7th of September and in that time I've been out a total of 15 times, mostly 9 hole rounds either early morning or evening. I do carry and normally carry in a Sunday type bag (MacKenzie) but still surprised to see this already. Wondering if anyone else is seeing something similar. FWIW, the 5 iron looks fine.View attachment 9205737

This is not looking good and if I were you I'd contact Titleist. We will be sure to ask about this at Dormie as well, and we'll of course be adding our reviews as well. 7/8 folks in the event have at least one or two T200's in the bag so we should have plenty of data to report.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see Pics of Clubs in Bags

Well I guess my 7-GW T-150 showed up today but not the t200 5&6 iron.

Well I guess my 7-GW T-150 showed up today but not the t200 5&6 iron.
Strange since I thought the T150s were the ones that were backordered just a few weeks ago. Hopefully they come in soon.

Back