2023 Titleist T-Series Irons

Finally got a good sim round in today. Shot a 77 with a double on the first trying to figure out how to putt.

Irons are so freaking good and consistent. Look spectacular and are truly the best irons I've ever used.

The T200 long irons are just confidence inspiring. Shots like the one you show above, longer approaches with death left, used to give me the straight up heeby jeebies with other irons. With these I know I can miss a little bit and it's not going to go hooking off the planet.
I have experienced the same with the T350s and T200 combo set

So I figured I should update the below post. You guys may recall I wasn't playing all that well immediately after getting the T-Series, as detailed in the quoted post below:
Approach stats with ZX5, July through Tobacco Road in September, day before Dormie:
View attachment 9221226
View attachment 9221227
And since getting the Titleists:
View attachment 9221228
View attachment 9221229
So obviously not as good since. Lower GIR, missing a lot more often short, and 1.4 worse strokes gained.

Here's the thing though, my swing hasn't been great since September, AND it's been cold here. I think those things contributed to the rougher stats. Case in point, my stats on just my last round - 2nd highest GIR in the last year, higher than at any point during my hot streak in July/Aug, AND I did it in the cold and wind. I really think the swing tweak I just made with my instructor is unlocking the potential here.
Yeah, that has changed. Last 5 rounds:
1000002399.png
1000002400.png
I am now hitting slightly more greens than a 5 cap, which is much better than when I first got the irons and actually is slightly better than even when I was hitting my previous irons really well heading into the event.

You'll also notice that I'm only missing the green left/right 13% of the time, compared to 27% of the time with my previous irons. That is HUGE, and something that I am definitely noticing in my play. Between swing improvements and the directional forgiveness in these irons, I'm just on my target line MUCH more often.

I am short too much for sure, but some of that is down to the cold and wind lately knocking a lot off carry distances. Need to work on taking another club than I think in these winter rounds (though with snow on the ground now, it might be a bit before I get another in).

I felt really good about these sticks already, but that data really adds fuel to that particular fire. And the feel and look continues to be unparalleled to me in irons that give this much help. I am feeling really good about the upcoming season if I can stay somewhat sharp!

P.S. I know some have noticed finish coming off the T200's, but I continue to not see that. Certainly could be a prevalent defect elsewhere, and I hope Titleist makes everyone whole who has seen it, but fortunate that I have been spared at least thus far.

Just trackman time today with these since it was freezing cold and raining. Hit a lot GW, 6i and 4i. The dispersion is so tight even on low misses. The 4i reaches same apex as my pw, in fact the whole set does. I have played tons of irons in the past and the T150 are the best I’ve ever played. Certainly will be classics.

Tough day with frozen greens but even with solid ground, the irons behaved well. I was hitting my distances in the 35° weather with the long irons being the strongest part of my game.

My hybrid was not too friendly in these conditions so I went with the 4i more often and had better results. Staying on target more often is a better option than maybe getting 15 yards further but bringing misses left and right into play.

Case in point, hole 7. Staying in play off the tee is key and has been an issue. I typically play a hybrid but did not hit it well. The 4i was easy to hit out of the rough short of the green for a chip and chance to par (missed the putt).
IMG_8554.jpeg
I can hit my hybrid 220 or 180, but the 4i is a tighter range of 190-210. I find it easier to swing, too.

After a poor drive, uneven lies favor an iron and the 4i is easier to get back on track. Uphill shot to a plateau fairway:

IMG_8555.jpeg

I have had an issue once getting down to the 9,8,7 irons but have been working on them (long irons and short/wedges have remained solid) but getting steep or over the top pops up with the mid irons. I finally hit the 7i well and love the stopping power. A little left but center contact makes these irons feel effortless to get through the ball.
IMG_8556.jpeg

The winter conditions have me second guessing the use of the 48° as my go to green side club. I have come up short a lot and need to go with the bump and run with at least the 9i. The irons do not get stuck in the turf much even with softer and partial swings. These are very versatile clubs.

Tough day with frozen greens but even with solid ground, the irons behaved well. I was hitting my distances in the 35° weather with the long irons being the strongest part of my game.

My hybrid was not too friendly in these conditions so I went with the 4i more often and had better results. Staying on target more often is a better option than maybe getting 15 yards further but bringing misses left and right into play.

Case in point, hole 7. Staying in play off the tee is key and has been an issue. I typically play a hybrid but did not hit it well. The 4i was easy to hit out of the rough short of the green for a chip and chance to par (missed the putt).
View attachment 9235157
I can hit my hybrid 220 or 180, but the 4i is a tighter range of 190-210. I find it easier to swing, too.

After a poor drive, uneven lies favor an iron and the 4i is easier to get back on track. Uphill shot to a plateau fairway:

View attachment 9235159

I have had an issue once getting down to the 9,8,7 irons but have been working on them (long irons and short/wedges have remained solid) but getting steep or over the top pops up with the mid irons. I finally hit the 7i well and love the stopping power. A little left but center contact makes these irons feel effortless to get through the ball.
View attachment 9235161

The winter conditions have me second guessing the use of the 48° as my go to green side club. I have come up short a lot and need to go with the bump and run with at least the 9i. The irons do not get stuck in the turf much even with softer and partial swings. These are very versatile clubs.
I used my 7 iron for bump and runs today and it worked out well. I hit 100% of greens with it and I know what you're thinking, he's only a few feet off the green, he should be 100%! You're right, but with my 60* wedge, I'm more likely to chunk it, or hit it over the green. I've been really trying to manage the course better and play to my ability than just let it fly in certain situations, and doing little things to simplifying the game makes a big difference.

Windy cold round today. Had to club up 2 clubs and swing smooth.
Still struggle with solid strikes with the long irons. The scoring clubs are so fun to hit.

View attachment 9235157

View attachment 9235159

View attachment 9235161

You played today!?!? Good Lord you are hardcore 🤣

You must have gotten more rain than snow down there. We still have 3-4" on the ground at least up here.

You played today!?!? Good Lord you are hardcore 🤣

You must have gotten more rain than snow down there. We still have 3-4" on the ground at least up here.
Saturday it snowed but turned to rain. We hit a blistering 33° over night which cleared off most of the rest. A few bunkers turned into ice skating rinks. No need to test the irons out of the sand yesterday.

I was expecting to feel some rough feedback with the cold and hard ground but either the club’s bounce kept things from digging or I actually made good contact. Hitting the long irons has become my favorite part of using these irons. I dont hit a ton of targets but getting things on track and in play has been much easier with these.

I love the 4i utility so I am pondering a 3i utility, but it could turn my hybrid redundant. Having both the hybrid and 4i might be the best combo

Saturday it snowed but turned to rain. We hit a blistering 33° over night which cleared off most of the rest. A few bunkers turned into ice skating rinks. No need to test the irons out of the sand yesterday.

I was expecting to feel some rough feedback with the cold and hard ground but either the club’s bounce kept things from digging or I actually made good contact. Hitting the long irons has become my favorite part of using these irons. I dont hit a ton of targets but getting things on track and in play has been much easier with these.

I love the 4i utility so I am pondering a 3i utility, but it could turn my hybrid redundant. Having both the hybrid and 4i might be the best combo
I agree, these long irons are absolutely addictive. First time I've had a 4i in the bag in over 10 years and I have no thoughts about going back to a hybrid. It doesn't go quite as far as a hybrid would but it's so much more predictable in both distance and direction. I'm hitting a few more greens from this distance, and my misses are much closer.

Sounds like the 3i utility needs to just replace the hybrid 😁

The last few rounds I’ve hit my 4 iron poorly, but that has nothing to do with the club. Initially I hit it very well but I’m pondering putting a TSR hybrid in its place because they’re so easy to hit. Maybe we’ll get a new hybrid release this year with drivers and woods.

Something not T series rated but very much Titleist related, Titleist held a contest last week for a chance to win one of the wedges Max Homa used at the Ryder Cup and I was selected. I’ll be receiving his 50.12 gap wedge. Pretty good way to start the day!

Something not T series rated but very much Titleist related, Titleist held a contest last week for a chance to win one of the wedges Max Homa used at the Ryder Cup and I was selected. I’ll be receiving his 50.12 gap wedge. Pretty good way to start the day!
That's awesome, I saw that contest and they are some good looking wedges. Guess they will have a good sweet spot marked out on them for you to utilize

That's awesome, I saw that contest and they are some good looking wedges. Guess they will have a good sweet spot marked out on them for you to utilize
I’m a big fan of Max so this is definitely getting displayed somewhere in the house.

Holy crap that's awesome! Congrats!

Congrats!

But we will need photos... :p

Awesome

Dude! That’s freaking awesome!

I went to the cold outside range last night. The more I hit the T150 , the more I love them and think they are the perfect blend of feel, playability and forgiveness.

Just trackman time today with these since it was freezing cold and raining. Hit a lot GW, 6i and 4i. The dispersion is so tight even on low misses. The 4i reaches same apex as my pw, in fact the whole set does. I have played tons of irons in the past and the T150 are the best I’ve ever played. Certainly will be classics.
I have played a lot of golf with you and your iron game is the best i have ever seen it.

A trip to the range with a radar in tow (I should look into a launch monitor at some point) but I have lost some distance and wanted to check speed. The short story is I have not been swinging well and got too compact at the top of my swing. Once I got past this, it was a simple task to launch the ball. The irons feel effortless to send the ball on their way. I have not had a long iron feel this easy, and I hate saying anything golf related is easy, but I don't have to worry about perfect contact to get close to a target. Forgiving and easy to hit. Done and done.

Some TrackMan numbers from this evening:

pw - 102 ball speed
8 iron - 112 ball speed
7 iron - 117 ball speed
6 iron - 122 ball speed

Those are all super good for me. The other numbers were great, too.

A question for the t200 users . Have you notice better turf interaction with the vokey inspired sole on the pw, gw than previous generations of the t200 ?
thanks

Back