NEWS 2024 Grandaddy Announcement

I have not heard this rumor, no. All made up. FAKE NEWS.
Happy Donald Trump GIF by Team Trump

Definitely :ROFLMAO:
I can’t wait to see how you mold this team. And the changes you see from time you went until this year. Not to mention the evolution from last year to this.

Hopefully the Grandaddy will continue long enough for me to earn a return visit. But that’s for the future.

Now is all about Grandaddy 11

One great development is that you are using 11 instead of XI. Thanks @jlew. You are a saint.

I can’t wait to see how you mold this team. And the changes you see from time you went until this year. Not to mention the evolution from last year to this.

Hopefully the Grandaddy will continue long enough for me to earn a return visit. But that’s for the future.

Now is all about Grandaddy 11

It's definitely going to be fun. In '17 when we went ECPC had just undergone a makeover so a lot of what you all got to experience didn't exist when we were there. The putter fitting, wedge area and a few other pieces were all under construction.

Mr. Finley and Callaway/THP continue to up their game when it comes to this experience, so I have a feeling that this is going to be a whole new world with some familiar pieces and faces mixed in. I can't say this enough, I'm humbled and grateful that I get a chance to do it again.

And I can't help that it's fun to tag you...oops. Forgot to quote him. I'll just tag him instead

@MWard

It's definitely going to be fun. In '17 when we went ECPC had just undergone a makeover so a lot of what you all got to experience didn't exist when we were there. The putter fitting, wedge area and a few other pieces were all under construction.

Mr. Finley and Callaway/THP continue to up their game when it comes to this experience, so I have a feeling that this is going to be a whole new world with some familiar pieces and faces mixed in. I can't say this enough, I'm humbled and grateful that I get a chance to do it again.
One thing I learned from @Mmaynard11 as Captain… get to the bus early and count twice.

One thing I learned from @Mmaynard11 as Captain… get to the bus early and count twice.
And he learned that from EVERY GROUP PRIOR haha it seemed like no matter what we had someone who was routinely late for the bus

And he learned that from EVERY GROUP PRIOR haha it seemed like no matter what we had someone who was routinely late for the bus
We didn’t. Cap ran a tight ship.

Well we almost had one. You’d think a retired cop would be punctual.

Was actually typing this very thing. We had one in '17 that was constantly the last guy there- held up the bus on day 1 in the proshop etc.

The one thing that I liked from this year was the bit more relaxed timing than what we were used to. There appeared, at least from following along, that there was more time to soak in the joys of the Hideaway. Meaning, at least in theory- "Hey go to the pro shop before the round so you're not holding up the bus after the round"

Was actually typing this very thing. We had one in '17 that was constantly the last guy there- held up the bus on day 1 in the proshop etc.

The one thing that I liked from this year was the bit more relaxed timing than what we were used to. There appeared, at least from following along, that there was more time to soak in the joys of the Hideaway. Meaning, at least in theory- "Hey go to the pro shop before the round so you're not holding up the bus after the round"
We had extra pro shop time in 2018 thanks to rain haha but that wasn’t the focus. The focus was making sure @JasonFinleyCG didnt need medical treatment. Dude was as green as the grass

Ever since they cut out the second round of play on day one, it's been like that. You get to the Hideaway with plenty of time to relax, eat, proshop and warm up before you actually tee off

There was both relaxed about the timing last year. We all were on point to complete the mission.

Respect everyone. Including the time of others.

I thought we were friends. Now I just want to scissor kick you in the back of the head
Hmmmm. I'm doing my job then :ROFLMAO:

I won't let the peer pressure get to me @MWard You can count on me

We didn’t. Cap ran a tight ship.

Well we almost had one. You’d think a retired cop would be punctual.
Almost doesn't count! :LOL:

I was right on time, almost to the second - but for all future Grandaddy participants, keep in mind that "on time" is late. Be there early, you don't want to be the last one!

Almost doesn't count! :LOL:

I was right on time, almost to the second - but for all future Grandaddy participants, keep in mind that "on time" is late. Be there early, you don't want to be the last one!
Pro tip: tell everyone the bus leaves 15min earlier than it actually does.

If they’re late then, leave them. How can you be 20min late?

everyone is tagging @MWard, I should make a new thread to ask why

@jlew any thoughts on a workout requirement or ban during the Grandaddy this year? 😆

@jlew any thoughts on a workout requirement or ban during the Grandaddy this year? 😆
Hah- do as you wish. You won't catch me in the hotel gym at 05:00 doing anything, but if those who are on the team are inclined - more power to you!

Hah- do as you wish. You won't catch me in the hotel gym at 05:00 doing anything, but if those who are on the team are inclined - more power to you!
Oooh so a “players captain”

Back