Cookie Monster GIF

Something better.
200.gif
Emphasis in this gif = roots

Roots of the Grandaddy go back to 2013

2013 Grandaddy team name was Dream Team

2024 Grandaddy Team will be a dream team of some sorts

Ohhh. Total guess here. @McLovin and @tequila4kapp

0.500 record in what? grandaddy matches? i went o'fer there. but i've played well in other events. kickoff classic, morgan cup, victory cup. i don't remember what my record was at the ultimate club testing with titleist, but i don't think it was great.

Ohhh. Total guess here. @McLovin and @tequila4kapp
I know one of those two is right :)

I got slaughtered in Singles like a helpless lamb in a butcher shop. Ian and Ethan played really well and got some crazy breaks (eg wayward shot bounced off a boulder onto the green for a birdie) otherwise I might have inched my way into joining Canadan and MattyDimples in the winners club.

1 of 2- T4K is correct
When I talk about not focusing on winning it probably comes off as saying something like "don't care about results". That is not it at all. I cared. I broke even in points.

Depending on your skill level...definitely work so you can keep the ball in front of you and execute short game. But if you grind to lower your cap ("get better") because you are working on your game...IMHO you are about guaranteed to lose. It is VERY hard to play to your cap in this environment. Now just in case anyone misunderstands... I am N O T saying sandbag. 100% absolutely not. Just be who your are as a golfer with enough work in the books that you have reasonable chance of playing to your capabilities. That lets you have fun, enjoy the round and gives you a shot at earning some points.

Every THPers should stop reading your post, right here!
And then do that.
I thought a lot about this after reading some of the feedback from Goat Cup and every other THP event. I certainly have a strong opinion. I would not consider myself to be a FAST player but certainly am not slow and this comes through that lens. I also must acknowledge I am not someone on the forum during the round usually. So, my suggestion to everyone is learning how to balance the forum and moving. I probably spent 24 of the 27 holes standing on the tee waiting for my playing partners last week. That can't happen. I would say make sure you are ready to go at all times, should not be any moments where you can hit where people are not playing. If that means you post while I am hitting, fine, but be ready to go and go when it is your turn. There is a difference between having a slow routine and being slow. But, being both is a detriment to the field and everyone around us. Particularly at the Hideaway where we are guests out there and they normally play in 4 hours. Taking longer than that does not make our chances better of always being able to return - this does play a role in the event coming back and the ability for it to be at The Hideaway. So, always think about it this way - would you want to be part of the reason the event could not return to The Hideaway because I was not ready to go and played "slow".

If it stays 12, I hope Captain's patience is high. If I didn't have @Mmaynard11 last year and he didn't have me...if we were alone, we would have gone CRAZY. AssCap was an important role. It will be fun to see the Captain navigate it since they are a combined job now. Here for whoever it is though!
I wanted to do this primarily for two reasons:
-I felt that the Captain role was actually too much and taking away from the experience for them
-The role of the AssCap from day one was to help the captain and the team with the experience - if we have a returning captain we do not need that. Not to say that the AssCap was not important and everyone who has ever done has not been extremely important but we wanted to mix it up and try something else.

And let's be honest, we are trying to find a way to make THP ore successful. And as I can attest to, having a couple lieutenants on your side you can count on for different things is important. Who will this year's captain rely upon to help?

I wanted to do this primarily for two reasons:
-I felt that the Captain role was actually too much and taking away from the experience for them
-The role of the AssCap from day one was to help the captain and the team with the experience - if we have a returning captain we do not need that. Not to say that the AssCap was not important and everyone who has ever done has not been extremely important but we wanted to mix it up and try something else.

And let's be honest, we are trying to find a way to make THP ore successful. And as I can attest to, having a couple lieutenants on your side you can count on for different things is important. Who will this year's captain rely upon to help?
Interesting last question. Is that meant for during the event or leading up? Leading up there is a lot of solid experience to tap into for the smart captain. During? Little different.

I thought a lot about this after reading some of the feedback from Goat Cup and every other THP event. I certainly have a strong opinion. I would not consider myself to be a FAST player but certainly am not slow and this comes through that lens. I also must acknowledge I am not someone on the forum during the round usually. So, my suggestion to everyone is learning how to balance the forum and moving. I probably spent 24 of the 27 holes standing on the tee waiting for my playing partners last week. That can't happen. I would say make sure you are ready to go at all times, should not be any moments where you can hit where people are not playing. If that means you post while I am hitting, fine, but be ready to go and go when it is your turn. There is a difference between having a slow routine and being slow. But, being both is a detriment to the field and everyone around us. Particularly at the Hideaway where we are guests out there and they normally play in 4 hours. Taking longer than that does not make our chances better of always being able to return - this does play a role in the event coming back and the ability for it to be at The Hideaway. So, always think about it this way - would you want to be part of the reason the event could not return to The Hideaway because I was not ready to go and played "slow".
During the first GOAT cup I think we played in record time with the whooping you gave me (many self-inflicted wounds on my part). Although @ccjimmy2001 speed against @JB did not help things haha.

I like this challenge. 2022 was a high water mark. 2023 set a new one and I was happy to watch and help make it happen.
To me it is not about # of posts, more about quality of and content within the posts.

The ultimate amateur golf event…. Hopefully one day.

On the slow play part, I found getting to the cart as quickly as possible to post updates was the best way to save time. If it takes 2 extra minutes per hole just to post it adds a lot of time.

And no they didn’t tell us anything at the Goat Cup😂. Just stating it before someone asks.

When all you see is her face…
IMG_9100.jpeg

Interesting last question. Is that meant for during the event or leading up? Leading up there is a lot of solid experience to tap into for the smart captain. During? Little different.
It is both, who will the captain look to for support and who on the team will step up to lead and be helpful.

During the first GOAT cup I think we played in record time with the whooping you gave me (many self-inflicted wounds on my part). Although @ccjimmy2001 speed against @JB did not help things haha.
Finishing a match early is not playing fast.

It is both, who will the captain look to for support and who on the team will step up to lead and be helpful.

This year is going to be something else.. the buzz is already happening big time.

The next captain has to be okay and open to their flaws with the team. Then, you can lean on your team to help fill those gaps.

Back