2024 MLB Thread + Hot Stove Off Season

the entire story has been strange. One thing for sure, nobody wants a diddler playing SS. Although I'm told the Dodgers need one. Not a diddler, but a SS.
Can they defer money long enough for him to be done with the case?

Can they defer money long enough for him to be done with the case?
2067 payroll going to be crazy

Should be a fun young offense again. How's the pitching staff after Greene? I was shocked to hear Montas was starting game one, maybe he'll have a big bounce back?
I hear lots of people talk about pitching depth but starting pitchers have always been my concern. I'm having trouble gtting on the hype train for Greene because he seems like he's just a guy who throws had but isn't that good at deceiving hitters.
that division is open. They are young that's for sure and lack some veteran leadership. Could be a fun season.
Yes. They should be good but they've gotten hit in the depth of the infield already with the Marte Suspension and McClain missing the majority of the season if not all of it. The talent is there but I'm going to wait until they prove it. De La Cruz was really bad the last month or so of last season with the strikeouts. Can he adjust this season after the league figured him out?

@echico I am far from a great baseball mind and the nuance of building a lineup is not my forte, but Alvarez batting 2nd seems like a mistake...

I hear lots of people talk about pitching depth but starting pitchers have always been my concern. I'm having trouble gtting on the hype train for Greene because he seems like he's just a guy who throws had but isn't that good at deceiving hitters.

Yes. They should be good but they've gotten hit in the depth of the infield already with the Marte Suspension and McClain missing the majority of the season if not all of it. The talent is there but I'm going to wait until they prove it. De La Cruz was really bad the last month or so of last season with the strikeouts. Can he adjust this season after the league figured him out?
Ugh, I hadn't heard that update on McClain. I've got him on pretty much every fantasy team.

Happy Opening Day

IMG_1581.jpegIMG_1582.jpegIMG_1583.jpeg

@echico I am far from a great baseball mind and the nuance of building a lineup is not my forte, but Alvarez batting 2nd seems like a mistake...

It gives him more AB's and he is protected with Tucker and Bregman behind him. He will see more pitches.

Ugh, I hadn't heard that update on McClain. I've got him on pretty much every fantasy team.
Labrum surgery is tricky. Not a good sign when they say they "hope" to get him back this season. In hockey that's a 4-6 month surgery on a torn labrum. The Blue jackets have gone through a few of them in recent years.

@ddec Yankee Stadium has you covered

One day I want to go to a Reds opening day and experience the parade. It's such a cool tradition.
I had tickets for 2020. Then we all know what happened next.

I'd like to go eventually too but I haven't really tried that much to get tickets.

Labrum surgery is tricky. Not a good sign when they say they "hope" to get him back this season. In hockey that's a 4-6 month surgery on a torn labrum. The Blue jackets have gone through a few of them in recent years.

Last I saw was when he got hurt. :(

Unfortunately, I'm all too familiar with labrum surgery, hip and shoulder both even.

@ddec Yankee Stadium has you covered

I just sent that to a co-worker. I may have to go down for a game this year. Not strictly for those, but one will likely be consumed.

I just sent that to a co-worker. I may have to go down for a game this year. Not strictly for those, but one will likely be consumed.
Which one though?

Seen at the Cincinnati Reds Opening Day Parade…
IMG_8167.jpeg

It gives him more AB's and he is protected with Tucker and Bregman behind him. He will see more pitches.
100% agreed with this. I think the #2 spot is perfect for the guy - he may miss out on a few RBI chances, but he will see a lot of strikes.

Always

Back