30 Pull ups a day for 30 days.

Plinyyounger

Magistrate Ancient Rome
Reaction score
Handicap
fake peopl
There is a great trend in here this year for peeps to get into or continue things to improve quality of life.

So in that vain, here is another excercise challenge and it can be a hard one. 30 wide grip pull ups a day for 30 days. It will increase flexibility, back, shoulder, arm, grip strength and is an area a lot of us don’t do because they are HARD!

In the spirit of things, 30 should be the goal, but may not be possible so let’s just do whatever you can do, even if it is a half of a pull-up, by the end of the period everybody will be able to knock some out.

i can’t wait to hear about the stories of “I couldn’t even do one, now I can do “x.” Several sets will prob be necessary for most if us and that’s just fine!

Chin ups will be okay too, but just post which you did. I posted regarding the wide grips because they seem to be the hardest to conquer.

if you are a stud who wears a pull-up belt to add weight to yourself, make yourself known so we can be in awe of you! That is a ways away for me still.

Cheers

Last edited:
Paging Mr. Hicksta

This is gonna be tough. Starting in April?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This is gonna be tough. Starting in April?

Sure, start when ever you want, and have fun with it. 30 can be a lot! April 1 would be a great day since it’s april fools and this challenge will be difficult!

Also post if you do some assisted pull ups (somebody holding your feet, or a machine that counters your weight). Let everybody know where you start, because in the end we are going to have some happy people knocking out legitimate pull-ups!

PS, please, nobody hurt yourselves!

I posted the hundred push ups site in the other thread. They have a program for pull ups, too.

http://twentypullups.com/week-1-2/

I suck at pull ups and always have. No matter how hard I train never got more than 15 in a row.

I suck at pull ups and always have. No matter how hard I train never got more than 15 in a row.

15 is awesome, lol. I figured almost all of us will have to do several sets. 30 in a row would be crazy!

15 is awesome, lol. I figured almost all of us will have to do several sets. 30 in a row would be crazy!

I have a good friend that can crank them out like they are nothing. He can do all the fancy stuff shifting weight from side to side and all that jazz. The bad part is its natural for him he does not train for them at all. It drives me crazy.

I have a good friend that can crank them out like they are nothing. He can do all the fancy stuff shifting weight from side to side and all that jazz. The bad part is its natural for him he does not train for them at all. It drives me crazy.

PG 13.... this would be me...

https://youtu.be/nAWjW6p5TUg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Alright, I'll get cracking on these on 4/1 for sure. Time to get these wings poppin'!!!

This is the contest I need to try, so I'll give it a shot starting April 1 too. I skipped the pushup contest because I can still bust those out at a pretty good clip, but this contest is sure to expose the strength imbalance between my chest and back. And pullups are great for your core too. Core strength and balance have been the goals of my offseason, so I'm excited to give this a try.

Also, 15 in a row is legit! For wide grip, I'm probably at 8 tops, but will know for sure on Sunday.

If I didn't have a PT test the first week of the month....

I hate pull ups, always have. In the best shape of my life I was only able to do like 4 haha

Count me in on this. I'm doing the 100 pushups and 100 situps a day and its been really tough. Gonna start now to get the soreness phase out so starting April 1st 30 pull ups, 100 push ups and 100 sit ups. The biggest issue for me is I'm not getting much sleep right now and days that I play golf or baseball it's super taxing on my body.

I hate pull ups, always have. In the best shape of my life I was only able to do like 4 haha

Jump in then and let’s get to 5!

Knocked mine out today, not waiting til April 1, since they are my daily warm up excercise.

Was better yesterday, but today I did 3 sets of 7 wide grip, then Finished with 3 sets of 8 close grip 90 degree chin/pull ups.

Last edited:
Knocked mineout today, not waiting til April 1, since they are my daily warm up excercise.

Was better yesterday, but today I did 3 sets of 7 wide grip, then Finished with 3 sets of 8 close grip 90 degree chin/pull ups.

Mixing it up...nice! I do pull ups twice a week (6 sets on those days), but on the days I'm not in the gym I'll probably just run to the park near my house to knock them out :D.

I have a friendly golf competition with some buds the last weekend of April, so there is no way I'll be doing any pullups that weekend. I guess I better start today. :) And I'll throw in the pushups too.

Welp, I made it two days...

The pushups were much, much easier than the pullups. On Day 1, I completed the pushups in 2 sets, but it took 5 for wide-grip pullups: 7, 6, 6, 6, and 5. Yesterday morning, though, my left elbow reminded me why I haven't been doing any "pulling" lifts for the past several weeks. No clue what the issue is, but my left elbow gave in on my second rep. It's not so much a pain issue but a weakness issue.

I like this challenge because it targets my weaknesses, but I'm going to have to wait until my elbow is fully-healed up. With the start of the season just around the corner, I don't want ANYTHING to delay me getting on a course.

Not trying to be a Debbie downer but I'm curious.

It is proven that your body needs rest. It seems like if you are doing the same workout everyday you aren't resting your muscles.

Shouldn't the challenge be 30 pull-ups every other day??

I'm in. I do my pullups on olympic rings. I installed those instead of a pullup bar for the variety of exercises you can do on them. They're a really good way to break up the monotony of barbell workouts (squats/bench/row/press/deadlift).

For anyone looking for a home setup, olympic rings are pretty amazing and they don't take up any room. You just need a small area below them to exercise in during the workout, but take up no floor space otherwise.

Not trying to be a Debbie downer but I'm curious.

It is proven that your body needs rest. It seems like if you are doing the same workout everyday you aren't resting your muscles.

Shouldn't the challenge be 30 pull-ups every other day??

In my totally unscientific opinion, I think with regular rest most people will be able to recover plenty since it's not an insane amount of pullups. I think for full workouts though, you definitely need more rest.

Back