3 and 5 woods in my bag. 3W is a tee and fairway club. I have no issues hitting the 3W off the fairway. 5W is a fairway club and is super easy to launch. I do have a 3+ (13.5°) that I will swap in and out depending on the course I am playing.
For me the 3 and 5 woods gap perfectly for me.

Always rolled with a 3w.

So did I, but in the last couple of years I've found it increasingly hard to get the 3w in the air, hence the Halos. They are so easy to get in the air, heck that's why they call them Launchers. :)

I really can't say enough good things about these Halos, I lov'em. ;)

I just took a look at photos and specs of the Halo hybrid line. The sole rails and Miyazakii c.kua shafts remind me of the Cleveland Mashie Plus hybrids, which were sensational.

4w/7w works for me.

I played a PING G20 4-wood for years. PING stopped making them in the later lines. I bought a G400 5-wood and turned the loft down. It's the exact same distance as my 4-wood and even easier to hit.

i do driver( 300 to 250 ish) 3 wood(220-240 ish) to 4h(220 to 200) to 5 iron 200 to 185)

I have a 3 and 7w. It’s because I didn’t know better. I’d always had a 3 and 5w so I wanted the same in newer metal woods. I couldn’t find a 5w to match my driver and 3w so got the 7.

The 7 tends to come in handy for me on longer par 3’s and I tend to use my 3w off the deck.

I run a 5w turned down 1 degree so it plays like 4 1/2 wood. Next club is 4i. Gives me about a 30 to 35 yd gap on full strikes.

No 3w, but I have a 5w lofted down to a 4w. My old 4w couldn’t be used off the deck, only from the tee. My 5w now I can use in both situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although I've also gone with only hybrids at times, I ditched 3W probably 15 years ago too.

Actually, it was whenever the Tour Edge Exotics CB2 fairway woods originally came out. Those clubs were so darned long!

I'd first bought the strong 3. I swung pretty fast back then and no... I didn't need a 270 yard 3+W from the fairway.

Sold it on ebay, and grabbed the regular 3W. Still longer than I'd need and lower launching than could ever suit my taste anyway. Was gonna give up on them until I sold it, on ebay again, and impulse purchased the CB2 4W. THAT one was FW nirvana for quite a while.

I only parked it for a Callaway Optiforce 4W some years later and that one's still in the bag today.

I've since tried an Exotics EX10 3W (or EX9, can't remember) and Rogue 3W but both failed me due to bad shaft fit. May revisit, may not. 4W works just fine.

I used to have the old TM RBZ 3W and 5W in my bag and was considering swapping them for a 4W, but I ended up with another 3W (Epic Flash Sub Zero) and then the 18* Srixon ZU85 in my bag after my fitting

Both clubs can be used from either off the tee or the fairway depending on what I want from the shot

I had a 4w 6w 5i. I added the 4i and adjusted the others up 1½° each so now like 3½w 5½w 4i.

I used to have D, 3W, 5W, 4H. Nowadays driver is not having many shots and 3W is sold. 5W is adjusted to 17* (4W) and has shorter shaft which plays like 2-3H. Next club is driving/utility iron adjusted to 18* (might change to 19.5*), 4h (22*) and then 4i-PW. These provide proper gapping, ability to play quite aggressive and also provides several options for tee shots.

I use a 4/5 wood combo -- just find the 5 wd incredibly consistent and higher flight - 4 wd has been working well lately, just need to close face - getting a highter flight. I may go 3 and 5 wood for more distance. Also thought about 3 wood, 18 Hybrid, which is easier out of rough. But one can cut a 5 wd to get out of rough, too. Hybrid is just easier if you can get height from an 18.

Currently game a 3 wood and a 3 hybrid, then 4 utility into a 5 iron. My plan this year is to evaluate my gapping and am leaning towards a 4 wood and another hybrid. Have always played a 3 wood but not consistently well off the deck.

I used my 5w and 3w once yesterday, both times off of tees and both worked out well. I think a 4w might be a good choice for some golfers ,right now I am sticking with the 3/5 wood.

4W for me. I can’t justify displacing a wedge or iron for a 5W

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to be a 4w guy, then switched over to 3w/5w. I like hitting fairway woods and the 3w is mostly a tee weapon, but I can hit it off the deck. Generally that is not my game, but I like it as an option. My 5w is a fairway/rough/wherever club. It launches high, I can dig it out of any lie and it's pretty automatic for me. I had struggled with launch before and thats why I ended up in a 4w, then I got fit into shafts with a little extra launch and my fairways are my favorite clubs in the bag.

Just the 5W. I haven’t tried a 3W in awhile. The gap between driver and 5W is only 25-30 yards. So no real need for it.
25-30 yards is a huge gap for me. I could not play without a 3 wood.

25-30 yards is a huge gap for me. I could not play without a 3 wood.

MIM not sure I can out hit a 5w off the deck with a 3W. And off the tee. I’m a bombs away or dial it back based on landing zone etc. so that’s a gap that doesn’t affect my game.

My 3-wood is very strong and I want it that way for tee shots and long approaches on par-5 second shots. After that, I have a strong hybrid and a weak hybrid; I've dropped my 3-iron to accommodate those clubs.

Used to go 3W/5W, then just a 5W cranked down to 4W loft for a while. After going with a 3H in the bag a couple of years ago, I put 3W back in as it fits the gap best. Based on some of the feedback from the newer releases though, I'll definitely be hitting the different lofts before buying another one as I'll be looking for a gap filler vs. what's stamped on the bottom.

I think I'm going to go 2H lofted down but I know I don't need a 3W. It would be great on the 1/5 shots I hit well and the difference between a 5w and 2H I am expecting to not be much. Heavenwood maybe with a left handed sleeve to take it down 2 degrees...?

I carry a 5W I rarely use as I struggle with it. I want to switch to a 5W as I have heard its much easier to hit off the deck.

Back