5 year anniversary

Congratulations! I'm coming up on five years myself and you're one of the people who have made it such a great place to hang out. It seems like you've always been here, and from my perspective, I guess you have. :unsure: But 26,000 high quality posts to my mere 5,000? Holy Carpal Tunnel, Sir!

Love love love this my man. Congrats on 5!
Enjoy your reviews to this day!!! You're always open to answer questions and drop some knowledge and it's much appreciated.

Barely sniffing the second layer of the forum but always great follow discussion with you!

Wonderful! I enjoyed learnjng more about your THP experiences. You are a delightful and quality person and valued friend @Snickerdog. I promise we will hit some golf balls around a course someday, even if I have to visit flat lands to do it 😎
I'm still working on the boss to figure out a way to make it happen. I look forward to it.

Cheers to 5 years! And many more!

@Snickerdog where are you! will make a trip to see you asap...beers on you of course lol

Love this. So glad that I joined, hopefully I will get a chance to play a round with you @Snickerdog .
Be happy to if we can arrange it next year. Just noticed you are way on the West side of CO.

Congrats on the milestone @Snickerdog !
I’ve only been here about 10 months but always enjoy reading your posts Your definitely one of the diamonds on this forum!

Be happy to if we can arrange it next year. Just noticed you are way on the West side of CO.
Yes sir, but we might be able to meet in the middle somewhere or better yet we both get chosen for the same THP experience!

So today marks my 5 year anniversary here on THP. Like most I found this site searching for iron reviews, every time I would do a search on an iron THP would come up. @Jman @Canadan @ddec kept showing up in reviews every time I looked at THP. They just kept sucking me in!!!!
So I finally joined. I was a little hesitant at first to post much because I was still looking at iron reviews and had never been involved with a golf forum before. I kinda eased myself into the site and started to contribute a little at a time. Found the regional site and met up with a few THPers here in KS and played some golf outside of my little home course.
2016 rolls around and I wondered what it would be like to do an event. I was a 17HC at the time and didn't want to embarrass myself but signed up for the Cleveland Short Game Shootout. Holy cow I got chosen and got to go to Indianapolis to meet up with 7 other THPers and get some gear and play some golf. It poured on us, but we played golf, got some great new RTX3 wedges too!!!!! Those where fun to review and I played those for almost 2 years until I wore the grooves off. :)

I think it was the next year and I got chosen to test some Nippon NS Pro 950GH shafts. Didn't do as well on this review but tried my best.
Every year I am following along with the Grandaddy and entering competitions and seeing disappointment at every turn. But the follows where great and was fun to be able to follow along and hope that one day I would have the pleasure of going.

2019 rolls around and @McLovin gets the nod for Captain and I'm thinking this is the team I want to be on. Couple contest roll around and no selection, wife says stay positive and it will happen. Low and behold July 9th was the date getting the pm from @JB and life changes!!!! What a rush that is to read that announcement, unbelievable at first, then PM's pouring in. A friend @2BFAST called me to let me know as I hadn't been on the forum yet that morning. Crazy time that day was.

That brings us to today and a little over 26,000 posts. I am so glad I decided to join THP and become a part of such a great forum.
I have made plenty of friends that I have had the pleasure of golfing with, and many that I just PM with on occasion that I hope I get the pleasure of playing a round of golf with. Any THPers in Kansas that want to play, hit me up and we can try to meet up sometime. I play regular with @shanewu another Grandaddy alum.
Just want to say thank you to @JB and @GolferGal for such a wonderful site and all that you do for THPers.
Hope I can be here for many years to come.

Sorry for the long winded post.
Really glad we finally met up and started playing together...and glad I gave you those lucky Hideaway markers and repair tool. :cool: Blessed to call you my friend, man!

Also, I hit 5 years a couple months ago. Time flies when we are having fun, constantly pondering more golf stuff we "need". :D

That is so awesome. It was @shanewu that i followed here after hearing him on the Callaway podcast. Such a great place for golf heads like me and you. :ROFLMAO:
Love being reminded of that story every time! (y) I owe THP a lot so it feels good to know I at least brought something/someone to THP in return.

Really glad we finally met up and started playing together...and glad I gave you those lucky Hideaway markers and repair tool. :cool: Blessed to call you my friend, man!
Was the best gift ever!!!! Those where magic.

Congrats on 5 years! Always enjoy your commentary. and your good natured sense of humor!

Congrats! My 6th anniversary was Saturday, I had forgotten about it. One extra year and my post count is considerably lower. :p

We really need to get a KC outing going next year.

Congrats! My 6th anniversary was Saturday, I had forgotten about it. One extra year and my post count is considerably lower. :p

We really need to get a KC outing going next year.
Definitely, you have some nice course up there and I haven't really played any in that area.

Back