60 Degree Wedge Distance

Knot Right

Reaction score
I added a 60 degree wedge with a 10 degree bounce to the bag today. I have never played one in the 41 years I have played the game.

I just wanted to ask everyone who plays a 60, what their normal yardage is on a full swing? I know that it will vary from player to player.

Funny you ask this, I just put one in my bag and used it today at the range. I was hitting it to a green 70-75 yards away with a nice easy swing

I have a 58° in my bag and 75-80 yards is max on full swing. But I rarely use a full swing with it.

I like to play mine at around 50-85 yards. I generally take 1/2 to 3/4 swings with it.

It really depends on the 60* wedge for me. Some seem livelier, some I can lean on more, and some just refuse to go an extra yard. 60* usually putts me right around the 88-90 yard range with a neutral full swing.

Last edited:
I have hit mine about 90 yards carry full swing a couple times recently. I rarely full swing it though.

a 60 degree wedge is 75 to 80 yards for me and I love having that shot. It is very repeatable with the right wedge.

It's an 80 yarder for me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It’s a never ever ever ever ever full swing club for me.

I’ll never hit my LW beyond 80-85 yards

My 60 is my favorite club and i use it out to about 80 or so. Anything beyond that i grab the 54.

I play mine six yards and in.
but then when I get greenside it changes a lot, depending on the shot.

What @Jman said.
Mine is 70 and would not push it even a yard..

I can hit my LW/60* right at 100. If I try to step on it, it will actually carry shorter because of added (excessive) spin.

That said, if I have a 100 yard approach I’m grabbing my GW/48* and hitting an easy 3/4 swing.

I use my 60* for all short game shots around the green out to 60 yards or so. 70-90 yards I’m hitting a partial shot with my 54*.

I don’t ever full swing my lob. I like playing 3/4 swings with my 50/54/58. If I’m more than 70-75 out I’m hitting my 54.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People who don't full swing their lob....why? I've never noticed an issue with my pm grind on full swings.

I play my 58* for around the green, or up to 50 yards away if I need to get some height. Never a full swing though.

Full swing is 80-85 yards.

I think I could hit it 75 if I stepped on it. 50-65 much of the time in game situations

I guess it could be about 75 or so but I don’t full swing them often

People who don't full swing their lob....why? I've never noticed an issue with my pm grind on full swings.
I get a better flight that is much more repeatable when taking another club if I really need to get more distance.

Back