a first for me today...how many times have you left a club behind?

im waiting for the clubs that follow you like your bag does

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

twice in 30+ years. recently left a wilson lt sand iron during a rain storm, had that baby for years and an 8 iron Nickent on the green. A few other close calls. usually leave clubs by the flag while putting.

14-way top, so never. Don't leave until all the slots are filled. But I've had rounds where I felt like I was running a garage sale with all the stuff I collected from the group in front of me before they came back for them - putter cover, wedge, hat, and another wedge. It was the second club that made them finally realize they had lost all those things.

Once. Had to drive 3 hours round trip to retrieve it. Glad I use the Pin High labels or I never would have seen it again.

I haven't done it but I'm sure I would've done it many times if I wasn't specific about where I leave them. Either going to be laying on but near the edge of the green where we'd have to step over them as we exited or else laying across the pin after it's pulled. Guys having no common spot to lay their wedges (and so forgetting them more often) was one of several reasons we eventually went back to the tend/pull it camp, unless someone expressly asks for it to be left in.

Never left a club yet on the course. Divot tools and ball markets are another story.

Left my entire bag at the bag pickup once. Got almost home before I realized it. Got a phone call as I was leaving the course and drive right home.

I did over the summer. Did not know until we played a course new to us and on the first hole couldn't find it. Turns out it was at hole 9 green at my home course as I took it and a putter with me, but forgot the PW on the way back. Someone turned it in the following morning.

I’ve left it more than a couple times. I learned to always place my wedges on the green In the walking direction to the next hole/cart/bag or next to the flagstick.

I've never left one myself, almost have a couple times but luckily one of the playing partners mentioned it.
Unfortunately my buddy left his wedge and didn't notice until 4 holes or so later. Never did find it, asked behind us, asked the marshall, asked the pro shop after and for the next week, never got it back.

Once maybe years ago. It was a crappy left handed cobra knockoff sand wedge. The group playing behind my group gave it back. From then on if I have more than a putter on the green, it goes on the flag stick when it’s pulled.

This is a reason to play old crappy clubs. No one wants them. Especially if they’re left handed.:)

Oh and my head covers stay in my trunk while I’m playing so they don’t get lost.

Last edited:
Back