a first for me today...how many times have you left a club behind?

Once during a tournament and luckily the group behind us got it and brought it right over at the next tee box.

No clubs left, just a rangefinder I'd had for 2-3 weeks.

I took my Dad to play a round in the fall. He lost a Stitch putter cover and my old 7-iron; thankfully, both were recovered later.

I forgot to mention in my last post that a guy I know lost his last week. He said he was going to forget it, but I told him to go in the club house and tell them and leave his phone number. Well one of the staff called him and said someone found it and brought it to the club house.

It has been a really long time since I have done that.

Gosh, for both me and my daughter it's kind of a normal part of golf! Seriously, at least a couple times a year for each of us. Usually we realize it soon and can head back for it. We've found it ourselves and found people playing behind who picked it up, hoping to catch us. A couple times we've left one at the course, called the pro shop the next day and then went back and got it. I'm not sure whether it's our undesirable clubs or the honest nature of golfers, but we have always gotten it back. If not the same day, somebody has always turned it in.

I thought I left a club once. I went out to play and was missing my sand wedge. I called the last course I had played at and nobody had turned it in. I assumed it was gone forever until several months later I noticed it in my buddy’s bag. He had accidentally grabbed it and was new enough to the game that he really didn’t know his clubs all that well. That didn’t stop the rest of us for giving him a hard time about stealing my wedge though.

I did it one with a pw. Was on the last hole of the year for me. Took a few months before I noticed. Luckily I know someone at the course and even more greatfull someone turned it in to the lost and found!

I was hyper aware of my clubs today :ROFLMAO:

I don't think I ever have

I don't remember doing it last year but it's normally about once a year. I've lost a couple of wedges, a seven iron, and an eight iron that way. A bigger question is why would anyone want a Wilson Staff FG V2 8 iron two degrees flat with an X100 shaft in it???:D

I have, but being the good guy I am they always make it to their proper home.
mine didnt but i hear you checked my local course and it was gone that the problem i faced last year on public courses

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

finally happened...went to reach for my PW and it wasn't there :eek:...hauled ass back to the previous green and that bestest of club friends was right where i left her...off to the side of the green :cool:

how many times have you forgotten a club on the course?
I did it at a THP event actually. Talk about embarrassing. Get a brand new bag of clubs from an OEM and leave one next to the 18th green on day 1. The OEM rep there offered to replace it, but I refused. It was my fault, not theirs.

I have done it a few times, luckily i have always found it or the group behind had picked it up.

I've definitely left a couple of wedges, towels, head covers, but I think the worst was my cell phone, left it on top of a tee marker on the 3rd hole... it was turned in to the club house before I finished the round and realized it was missing.

never and I think the reason is simply that I walk. Now golf towels that I might take on the green with me are a different story.

30 years ago on a buddy trip out to Scottsdale a friend lost his 4i. We stopped in the pro shops several days asking but not luck. about 3 to 4 days later the club was found, it was in our friends bag:oops: let the record show we have never let him live this down. Indeed I think club dividers of todays bags help some.

I've done it but it's been a long long time ago. I always make it a point to leave my club laying next to somebody else's or in an obvious spot on the green where I will have to walk by it headed back to the cart.

Never left a club before although when I play with my wife she used to leave at least 1 every 18 so we would discover within a hole or 2 and do quick backtrack. Got her into the practice to drop over flagstick or exit point on green so that fad is history now.

I bet I have easily found over a dozen clubs playing, I just stick them in my bag and either give to marshal to return or the golfer would circle back within a few holes and come looking.

There are several techniques that I and others have used to avoid this potential disaster.

1. Attaching your putter cover to your Wedges as you putt. Most of the time when we miss a Green, we grab one or more Wedges from the bag, grab your putter and Wedges, and walk to our ball to chip onto the Green. Once we have chipped, we place our Wedges just off the green and try to putt to save par or Bogey. We then proceed to walk off the Green. sometimes happy, but most of the time disgust and distracted after a terrible Three or four putt. By having your putter headcover on your Wedges, as you place your putter in your bag you will usually place your putter headcover back on. If you can't find your headcover, BINGO you immediately release that not only is your headcover missing and somewhere by the Green, you also realize that you have also forgotten about your other clubs. Which are quickly located with your headcover on them.

2. Individually slotted golf club bag. Even if you forgot your club somewhere, the very next time you go to grab a club a slot is empty. Reminding you to double back to your last shot and pick up you club.

3. Using headcovers on all your clubs. The headcovers remains you that you forgot a club, as now you have a headcover but no Club in your golf cart or in your pocket after using club.

But we all get angry and upset when we miss hit a shot and can easily forget a Club during the momentary distraction. Remember that you still have another shot to play calmly, possibly needing the same Club, and developing habits to frequently check your clubs count while playing will usually prevent you from leaving your clubs behind.

@chile :drinks::skywalker:

@Johan185 #2 is actually what alerted me :)...so I quickly finished my 2 putt :cool: and hauled ass back

I actually currently use all three. And have to still double back and pick up my club. safely waiting for me where I may have accidentally thrown it. Completely unaware of how the club ended up in that thorny Bush :banghead:?:facepalm::drinks:

@chile

I’ve done it once. It was in the pro shop after my round. I went back several holes and couldn’t find it.

I’ve done it once. It was in the pro shop after my round. I went back several holes and couldn’t find it.
You have everything to gain. I wasn't going to upgrade my driver either this year. Expecting any gains to be marginally at best since I had a F-9. But this isn't just a new toy to add to your golf club collection, but a confidence booster on the Tee Box. It has in 3 days because a Stress free swing for the fences weapon.

Sure my fences aren't Tour level. But to not lay up on Par 4's is worth the Money.

Best investment in clubs ever:thp:

A couple of times but was lucky to backtrack and find them. What a horrible feeling that is when you realize it’s gone.

Like I said before, once and only once. But I’ve gone to grab a club and panicked for a second or two.. it’s usually the driving iron- somehow the head cover for the 3 wood finds its way over it. Takes a few looks before I realize what happened and I can breathe again.

Rarely for me but my brother does it a couple time around, drives me nuts

Back