A single digit's search for a driver

That head is so damn gorgeous.

Between us, we're gonna have an XR Pro, a Vapor Pro, a Fly-Z, and a 915D2 all bought for the express purpose of this event. Lots of variety :D

All with one of a kinds shafts for each which is crazy.

Skimming this thread. I played with Chumpries in Muscle Shoals. He hits a driver pretty well or atleast he did that day.

Skimming this thread. I played with Chumpries in Muscle Shoals. He hits a driver pretty well or atleast he did that day.

Ha...your memory is better than mine about my driving skills :) That was a fun day. We should do it again sometime around BHam or Huntsville.

Ha...your memory is better than mine about my driving skills :) That was a fun day. We should do it again sometime around BHam or Huntsville.
Either is close for me

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I wanted a softer feeling head with a smooooooth predictable shaft, at 45 inches or less, and D1-2 (lightest swing weight I could take).

So XR 10.5 with Oban Isawa 55 S, 45 inches at D2 -- my guy put in some hot melt for the balance of the club.

Just into a couple of range sessions with it. The PX stock did not work for me on a sim, and the Oban is smooth, much smoother feeling than the Fuji 565 S.

The XR is one of those drivers you want to keep on swinging... and the Oban seems to keep it up with the BB V Series/Fuji. Need to hop on a sim and play both to compare.

Glad you found something CH. Now it will be paired with the absolute perfect shaft as you get a 1 of 1 to put in there.

Glad you found something CH. Now it will be paired with the absolute perfect shaft as you get a 1 of 1 to put in there.

Every time I read this I get goosebumps.

Thanks, I was going to get a Callaway anyway based on your advice to get the head I really wanted. I'm just really glad that it actually turned out to be the best one numbers wise.

Here's to not getting carried away in SD:
capture.png

Thanks, I was going to get a Callaway anyway based on your advice to get the head I really wanted. I'm just really glad that it actually turned out to be the best one numbers wise.

Here's to not getting carried away in SD:
capture.png

What in the actual f***?? LOL

I have the tour green in my BB Alpha. It fits me well, it (like most drivers) just feels too long/big.

I just got back from my local golf store (a Dick's with minimal demos). No minis to try.

I did try my Tour Green in an XR but the numbers were better in my BB Alpha. I don't trust their launch monitor though. I hit a few hooks on purpose and it was still saying I had right spin.

I'm going to Nashville next weekend and hope to find a better demo place while I'm there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How did it work out for you?

How did it work out for you?

Ended up with the XR Pro with Aldila Rogue Silver. Much straighter and about 15 yards longer. I'm still gaining confidence with it but everything has gone much better so far.

Bad break man. Hope you find something even better.

Well I'm still waiting on the insurance pay out but in the mean time iv been spending my own on the following

R15 430 tour AD BB

Sldr 3HL with rombax

Hybo - still on the hunt

Adams xtd forged c taper

Cleveland rtx 2.0 black. With DG black onyx tour issue x100

Putter - still in the hunt but will be 38 counterbalanced mallet of some description

Also a bag and a laser still needed!

Making progress tho will game what I have on Friday and see how I go!

A single digit's search for a driver

So...after loving the XR Pro for about 2 1/2 months, I got the hooky driver yips just prior to my San Diego trip. I can't get the ball off he ground and I'm hitting tons of driver and 3 wood hooks. Completely lost right now and everything feels wrong on the tee.

Good news is I'm still pretty good inside 150...I just have to get there.

I have my first lesson in 4 years setup for this coming Thursday with the golf pro at the Oxford Country Club. Going to do my best to get this cleared up :)

Had my lesson today. My goodness what a difference. Three swing adjustments:
1. Stand slightly further from the ball
2. More left shoulder turn
3. Putting my right index more on the shaft than my left hand (such a profound difference here)

I have never hit balls so high in my life. It's going to take some practice because everything feels so different but the height of my ball is night and day different. Just have to get comfortable with everything now.

Had my lesson today. My goodness what a difference. Three swing adjustments:
1. Stand slightly further from the ball
2. More left shoulder turn
3. Putting my right index more on the shaft than my left hand (such a profound difference here)

I have never hit balls so high in my life. It's going to take some practice because everything feels so different but the height of my ball is night and day different. Just have to get comfortable with everything now.

can you elaborate on 3?

I have an interlock grip. Turns out the ring finger of my right hand was resting on my left hand instead of against the shaft. This open the face up a lot. Also turns out that made my left hand less dominant.

It felt really odd but it made a ton of difference.

Last edited:
Back