Adam Scott 2 finger pre putt routine

jpbova

Reaction score
Handicap
Adam Scott has a strange pre putt routine where he straddles his ball and the line, then he takes 2 fingers from behind the ball and lines them up in eye site to the hole. I believe the straddle is to feel the slope of the green, but what the heck is the finger thing for?

Adam Scott has a strange pre putt routine where he straddles his ball and the line, then he takes 2 fingers from behind the ball and lines them up in eye site to the hole. I believe the straddle is to feel the slope of the green, but what the heck is the finger thing for?
Aimpoint I believe.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Does this help him with his anchoring technique too?

Helps him make it a little less obvious than some others.

The amount of fingers is based on how many degrees of slope he feels is in the putt. In the midpoint technique, they said if you're lost as hell, assume it's a two. Doesn't quite work that way in the aimpoint express method, but there seemingly are a lot more one's and two's than three's and four's.

The amount of fingers is based on how many degrees of slope he feels is in the putt. In the midpoint technique, they said if you're lost as hell, assume it's a two. Doesn't quite work that way in the aimpoint express method, but there seemingly are a lot more one's and two's than three's and four's.
#gamechanger

:p

Does this help him with his anchoring technique too?
Do you think he anchors? I always thought he kept it away from his chest.

Watching Scott over the years it would seem to me that he is not the one to copy.

Back