Adjusting the lie on Burners ???

Benchmade

Reaction score
Handicap
Long story short. My irons need to be 1/2in longer and 3 degrees up. I have hit this iron in the store ? "PING G15" and it felt great. No more having to drop my hands so low.

So before springing for new irons with these specs. I wanted to adjust the lie on my current shovels "Burner+". Went to Golfsmith and was told they only adjust forged clubs. Wasn't expecting this.

I really would like to hit the range and course with a iron or irons with these specs. I may have to build a 6 iron from componet and see how it goes.

Any tall big guys out there run into this ?

Yup. My 2.0's needed to be 2* upright and my local fitter tried bending them but he was 1) nervous about breaking them 2) said the materials were harder than hell. He recommended I send them to Taylormade and have them do the alterations.

Golf Galaxy bent my Burner XD's 2* upright with no issue

Update, took a trip to Golf Galaxy. What a great place imo. The guy told me no problem. He said he can get them to 2 degrees but he has done enough at 3 with no problem.

Update, took a trip to Golf Galaxy. What a great place imo. The guy told me no problem. He said he can get them to 2 degrees but he has done enough at 3 with no problem.

And that's why Golf Galaxy is 1000x better than another golf store that will remain unmentioned in case they are a sponsor here :)

glad to hear that it worked out!

Back