Aerotech Steel Fiber vs. Steel Shafts

I am also pondering these shafts in the J40 DPC irons. I attack the ball with an aggressive swing so says my son-in-law vrs other people we play with. So I am wondering if these will fit my swing?

I am also pondering these shafts in the J40 DPC irons. I attack the ball with an aggressive swing so says my son-in-law vrs other people we play with. So I am wondering if these will fit my swing?

I'm sure they can find a shaft for you I have emailed them a few times with details of my swing and they respond very quick and helpful.

These will be in my Morgan Cup DPC's for almost sure

I will admit to knowing nothing about different shaft offerings, but I recently found out there is a fitter not too far from me and he actually has the aerotech shafts listed on his website

As I have got a few days off in a couple weeks time, I am hoping to get over there to have a chat to him as I am wanting to get some knowledge about different shaft options and how they all work with a view to having my first fitting hopefully in the not too distant future

If I can get any information about these shafts I will post it up here, but in the meantime, here is a link to the page on the website - CLICK

I've fit quite a few people into Steelfibers and have them in my primary set of clubs. Overall, they are very good shafts - the feel is somewhere between steel and the usual graphite shafts and the dispersion is very good (provided they fit you correctly). The one downfall comes in the weight limitations as the heavier shafts (the 125s and 110s) have extremely stiff tip sections and really only fit a small percentage of golfers. I have a swingspeed with the driver around 102-103 and neither of those worked for me (ended up with i95s between regular and stiff).

I've fit quite a few people into Steelfibers and have them in my primary set of clubs. Overall, they are very good shafts - the feel is somewhere between steel and the usual graphite shafts and the dispersion is very good (provided they fit you correctly). The one downfall comes in the weight limitations as the heavier shafts (the 125s and 110s) have extremely stiff tip sections and really only fit a small percentage of golfers. I have a swingspeed with the driver around 102-103 and neither of those worked for me (ended up with i95s between regular and stiff).

Thanks for the input. Sounds like we have similar swing speeds. From your fitting experience, how would you characterize the launch and spin in the same clubheads vs. say KBS Tour or the S300?

I have a left wrist injury, and not sure what caused it. It's a constant ache and pain regardless of down time from golf. It's weird in the fact that it's pretty excruciating when I start my round, but the pain dissipates after a few holes. I've seen a doctor and 2 physical therapists with zero results. Outside of shelling out big bucks for a MRI, I thought it would be fun to try graphite shafts instead. Steelfiber seemed like the best option as far as performance/price goes.

I'm in graphite due to injury as well. My orthopedic surgeon encourages all the golfers he sees to go to graphite - steel is extremely tough on the joints according to him.

As far as comparisons, each of the Steelfiber lines has different playing characteristics. The i70s are the highest launching, softest tipped and highest spinning with the I80s being marginally stiffer with less spin. The real change comes at the i95s, where you start too see a much stiffer tip, less spin and somewhat lower launch.

I have fit people coming from S300s into i95s and 110s - 110 probably feel the closest and have similar launch/spin characteristics (which is why I think so many pros go with this one). I have not really compared the KBS Tours with Steelfibers but I would think the i95s have the most similar launch/spin. The caveat is the feel - with a different feel, people tend to get different results. Based on what you reported on your swing I would be looking at the 95s or 110s, leaning toward the former if you need higher launch and the latter if not. You may find the regular flex in the 110s to your liking (as surprising as that sounds).

Thanks for the input. Sounds like we have similar swing speeds. From your fitting experience, how would you characterize the launch and spin in the same clubheads vs. say KBS Tour or the S300?

I have a left wrist injury, and not sure what caused it. It's a constant ache and pain regardless of down time from golf. It's weird in the fact that it's pretty excruciating when I start my round, but the pain dissipates after a few holes. I've seen a doctor and 2 physical therapists with zero results. Outside of shelling out big bucks for a MRI, I thought it would be fun to try graphite shafts instead. Steelfiber seemed like the best option as far as performance/price goes.

Back