Aerotech SteelFiber Shaft Thread

Not counting swing improvement, I think the i70 steel fibers played a huge part in my being able to hit the Mizuno MP 52'S well when all my former irons were game improvement.

The S300s in my CBs are destroying my elbows. Going to make the move to graphite and Steelfibers are my choice. Recently acquired an i95 stiff 8 iron shaft and soft stepped into my 9 iron and a i110 stiff 5 iron shaft and soft stepped it into my 6 iron (both cut to std length). No alterations to swing weight. I am really impressed. Both feel great. I am concerned about the huge drop to 95g so will likely go with the 110s. The 110s have a similar ball flight to my Apex Pros with KBS Tours (also soft stepped once). Kind of a similar feel too since I think both shafts are counter balanced, unlike the S300s which make irons feel more head heavy to me. I only swing my irons in the mid 80s but have always been fitted for stiff shafts because I have a fairly quick transition. Unlike others have reported, I do not find the i95 or the i110 to be overly stout or boardy at all. Just stable and smooth. I am hopeful that these will help the elbows!
Question: I had planned to try to get the set as close to D2 as possible but I am hitting these 2 clubs great straight in. Have others just installed the shafts and gone as is without tinkering with the lighter swing weight?
thx
A89D246E-169D-440F-87CC-25F323D56864_zpsw72eii32.jpg

I played 125g stiff for quite a while. Kbs 130x and dg x100 before that. Aerotech does run stiffer to flex, oem admits it, compared to other offerings. If it feels good, I'd not worry about it. Personally I'm very obsessive over swing weight, but some don't care to check. Like I said if they feel good and you're hitting good then that's what really matters

I played 125g stiff for quite a while. Kbs 130x and dg x100 before that. Aerotech does run stiffer to flex, oem admits it, compared to other offerings. If it feels good, I'd not worry about it. Personally I'm very obsessive over swing weight, but some don't care to check. Like I said if they feel good and you're hitting good then that's what really matters
Are the harsh compared recoils?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I just came from the i95 in reg. and I would not say they are harsh compared to the recoils, but they load differently and feel different.

To me I could feel the i95 unload into the ball if that makes any sense, with the recoils they seem to feel the same thru the swing. Not in a bad way but different, it could be the reg. flex just played a bit softer (which would make sense) than the Stiff 110 recoils I have now so I could feel the shaft unloading.

My distances might be slightly shorter with the recoils, but not by much and I am still getting to know them so not really going after them yet.

Man I really want to give these a go. Anybody compare these to PXi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the harsh compared recoils?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Not harsh but definitely more tip stiff and have a higher kick point so will launch lower
Man I really want to give these a go. Anybody compare these to PXi?

Feel in the hands and joints are very similar. Lower launch for sure (to what degree depend on weight and flex) I'd say pxi 6.5 is similar to 110 stiff but steelfibers will definitely be lower launch and spin.

Not harsh but definitely more tip stiff and have a higher kick point so will launch lower

Feel in the hands and joints are very similar. Lower launch for sure (to what degree depend on weight and flex) I'd say pxi 6.5 is similar to 110 stiff but steelfibers will definitely be lower launch and spin.

This is exactly what I needed to hear. Having played both what would you say would compare PXi 5.5?

This is exactly what I needed to hear. Having played both what would you say would compare PXi 5.5?

I've not hit 5.5. But just with weight perspective you could go either 95 reg or 110 reg. I think both will feel bit stiffer than 5.5 still. My biggest concern would be swing weight. Unless you have heavy heads, it will be difficult to achieve d3 range

I've not hit 5.5. But just with weight perspective you could go either 95 reg or 110 reg. I think both will feel bit stiffer than 5.5 still. My biggest concern would be swing weight. Unless you have heavy heads, it will be difficult to achieve d3 range

I have the Apex heads.

I have the Apex heads.

I would expect d1 at most then. Depending on actual head weights... Lead tape may be a necessity

I would expect d1 at most then. Depending on actual head weights... Lead tape may be a necessity

Going to ponder over all the meals today. May shoot you a PM for more details

Thanks. Trying not to be obsessive too! Just surprised at how good they felt and performed at the lighter swing weights.
Cheers

After a bunch of range time and some course time, I decided on the i95s in stiff soft stepped 1x. This combo gives me a higher ball flight than both the DG S300s (straight in) and the KBS Tours (also soft stepped 1x), a good thing for me as I am typically a low ball hitter. I have also picked up some yardage. When I switched from my Apex Pros with the KBS Tours to the CBs with S300s I lost 5-8 yards per club. I attributed most of this to the weaker lofts (CBs are 2 degrees weaker throughout the set). However with the Steelfibers I have regained most, if not all, of that yardage. This is awesome as it gets rid of my urge to tweak the lofts and potentially impact the turf interaction which I love so much about the CBs.
The swingweight of my test clubs measured out at C9 or a touch above. They feel great at this weight (surprised me), so I am not going to worry about tip weights, .... I hit the i110 well too--slightly lower flight, great dispersion, but definitely feels stouter to me than the i95. The i95 allows me to put less effort into the swing, dispersion is excellent, and hopefully easier on the elbows. Seems like such a drastic drop in weight, but I feel good about the change. Order is in, hope to have everything installed and ready to go soon!

Copying this over from the Recoil thread, as I'm doing a direct comparison right now between Recoil 95 F4 and Steelfiber i95 stiff in Bridgestone J15 heads.

Got the chance to try these 7i's out for a bit on the GC2 tonight against my Z Star 7i. Definitely notice the additional shock absorption from both the Recoil and the Steelfiber vs the steel in my irons - love it. Both shafts make you feel like there's really more energy going into the ball as well. Performance was very similar with both shafts as far as numbers. I was getting statistically similar carry yardage and spin with the two testers to the Z Star - which is actually pretty impressive, considering that the J15DF is a much less distance oriented iron than the Z Star.

As far as differences, it really does pretty much come down to feel. The Steelfiber feels very much like steel and is more stable, but so much smoother and less jarring on poor contact. The Recoil, on the other hand, gives a much more marked energetic feeling through impact, and feels a little less stout. I feel like I may have launched it a touch higher with this shaft when struck well also.

At first blush I think I prefer the Steelfiber, but it's early. Both appear to be great options based on the very similar results I see.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I am curious for those of you that do play graphite, do you play them in your wedges also? like even up to 54/58? It is a done deal for me 4-GW but options on this?

Aerotech SteelFiber Shaft Thread

I have it into my 50 gw. My 54 and 58 are steel.

I was wondering if these shafts would be better for a newer player over the S300? I have only played S300 since I have started playing golf and came across a set of i20's in my specs with the stiff steelfiber i110cw shafts. I was thinking about buying them but I wasn't sure about these shafts. Any opinions would be appreciated.

I was wondering if these shafts would be better for a newer player over the S300? I have only played S300 since I have started playing golf and came across a set of i20's in my specs with the stiff steelfiber i110cw shafts. I was thinking about buying them but I wasn't sure about these shafts. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Buy them. I lust over these.

I went ahead and got them because I have wanted a set of i20 or i25's and most people seem to like these shafts. I can't wait to get them and try them out against the mp59's.

I am curious for those of you that do play graphite, do you play them in your wedges also? like even up to 54/58? It is a done deal for me 4-GW but options on this?
I'm having that same discussion with myself right now!

Copying this over from the Recoil thread, as I'm doing a direct comparison right now between Recoil 95 F4 and Steelfiber i95 stiff in Bridgestone J15 heads.

Got the chance to try these 7i's out for a bit on the GC2 tonight against my Z Star 7i. Definitely notice the additional shock absorption from both the Recoil and the Steelfiber vs the steel in my irons - love it. Both shafts make you feel like there's really more energy going into the ball as well. Performance was very similar with both shafts as far as numbers. I was getting statistically similar carry yardage and spin with the two testers to the Z Star - which is actually pretty impressive, considering that the J15DF is a much less distance oriented iron than the Z Star.

As far as differences, it really does pretty much come down to feel. The Steelfiber feels very much like steel and is more stable, but so much smother and less jarring on poor contact. The Recoil, on the other hand, gives a much more marked energetic feeling through impact, and feels a little less stout. I feel like I may have launched it a touch higher with this shaft when struck well also.

At first blush I think I prefer the Steelfiber, but it's early. Both appear to be great options based on the very similar results I see.

I'd think steelfiber 95 stiff would play noticeably more stiff than recoil 95 f4. If you're getting similar numbers it's definitely all about feel. I preferred steelfiber over recoil as well

I'd think steelfiber 95 stiff would play noticeably more stiff than recoil 95 f4. If you're getting similar numbers it's definitely all about feel. I preferred steelfiber over recoil as well
I'd agree with that. I plan on getting out a couple more times while I have the test drives to verify, but yeah the Steelfibers were more stable while yielding essentially the same numbers on this day.

The other question is do I want to search for a set with Steelfiber/Recoil or reshaft my current, but that's outside the realm of this thread lol

A few weeks ago I bought a set of Apex pros with 110i cw's. Still not sure how I feel about them. I've had 3 range sessions and one round with them. Going from 09 burners to apex pros was a big leap, I do agree that the 110 stiffs feel stiffer than my s300. My distance is down with the apex almost a club, but I think that's the head.

I don't want to turn you off of them. Just stating my experience over the last few weeks. Hopefully in a month I be praising them.

A few weeks ago I bought a set of Apex pros with 110i cw's. Still not sure how I feel about them. I've had 3 range sessions and one round with them. Going from 09 burners to apex pros was a big leap, I do agree that the 110 stiffs feel stiffer than my s300. My distance is down with the apex almost a club, but I think that's the head.

I don't want to turn you off of them. Just stating my experience over the last few weeks. Hopefully in a month I be praising them.
110 stiff is more comparable to x100. Perhaps that's the cause of the distance loss

Back