Aerotech SteelFiber Shaft Thread

It's not out of this world and they will price match golf town. As much as I want them I'm in no rush. I appreciate the offer but I think I'm going to kick some more tired up here.

completely understand. you know where to find me if you're interested haha

i can't get rid of these damn i25s, no matter how hard i try!

I had aerotech 110s installed from a guy in north Carolina and I believe I paid 65 bucks a stick with grips and 15 bucks shipping

Interesting day today, my friend and regular group guy is 74 years and a total club ho. He has had 3 different sets and 2 shaft changes in 3 months, gotta love that. Well his last set is the new King forged tec with i95 regular shafts and of course he hates them, thinks he lost a lot of distance which could be true since the steel fibers do play stiff to flex IMO and he cannot make more than a 3/4 backswing do to back issues and it is closer to a half backswing most of the time.

Anyway I had the i95 reg.in a set of J15DF and they were the longest, straightest clubs out of the last 3 sets I have had and the current Wilson FG V4 have been the shortest with the stock DG pro Stiff shafts. I have blamed this on my shoulder/back/knee issues and just getting older real fast.

My current 8 iron is 145 really well stuck, on a 162 yard Par 3, uphill into a slight breeze I pulled his 8 iron just for fun and with a very easy swing put in just below the hole about 155 yds. I felt that club loading that I used to love from the steel fibers and then that nice kick thru the ball. I tried his 6 iron on another hole playing 170 into the wind and hit it past the flag 3 yards.

He tried to sell them to me right there, but I sure do not need another set with the Hogan Event coming up. But it was good to see that maybe my loss in distance was not all health related.

Haha yup. These shafts are really awesome. The stiff flex soft stepped once is pretty much pitch perfect for me.

And I agree, these with J15DF's are absolutely the longest irons I have played. I never thought I'd be hitting 7i 170 in the air but I honestly am with these. Several THPers can attest to me airmailing greens with these after picking the correct club with my previous set.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Yeah they are amazing and under appreciated irons and shafts IMO, I was also hitting my 7 iron 170 and almost holed out one from 175. Now I pull the 5 iron with the current setup........and still come up short and that is with what feels like a quality strike.

Doctor tomorrow for the right knee checkup and consult about the shoulders, then skin cancer surgery on the 5th. Wow it is fun to age, now that I afford to play and try any clubs I want, the body is decomposing.

so jim54, what has been your best setup so far...since your ageing process kicked in, shafts and irons?
Yeah they are amazing and under appreciated irons and shafts IMO, I was also hitting my 7 iron 170 and almost holed out one from 175. Now I pull the 5 iron with the current setup........and still come up short and that is with what feels like a quality strike.

Doctor tomorrow for the right knee checkup and consult about the shoulders, then skin cancer surgery on the 5th. Wow it is fun to age, now that I afford to play and try any clubs I want, the body is decomposing.

Well I am hoping the Hogan PTx is the Holy Grail, but over the last year the Bridgestone J15DF with steel fiber reg. Was the most consistent. I really liked the new APEX 16 pros, but did not get along with the shafts I ordered them with and made the mistake of selling them instead of just reshafting.

Always wanted to try these shafts. Finally got the chance at a demo day. Hit the i95 reg. in taylormade PSI irons. If I could justify the cost they would be in my bag. Never hit a iron so good. Picked up about 8 yards of carry over everything else and felt really good.

Your right in their backyard! maybe stop by and say hello.

I have spoke to them on the phone (the president answered the phone by the way) and just really nice people to deal with. A lot of folks just don't like the shafts for one reason or another, IMO it is getting the right flex for your swing is very important with Steelfibers and as always shafts are a very personal thing. Having tried just about every major iron shaft on the course except the Program line, the Steelfibers have been hands down the best for my swing.

I just recently hopped on the Aerotech bandwagon, actually stumbled upon them since I have the i110cw in both my wedges. Grabbed a set of Ping i25's w/the i95 that have been SST Pure, love them. IMO they play pretty true to flex, I am gaming them in regular flex and use regular flex for everything else. I am getting a lot more distance out of these than steel shafts for sure, I am about a club longer. Can't wait to get some more rounds under my belt with them.

I just recently hopped on the Aerotech bandwagon, actually stumbled upon them since I have the i110cw in both my wedges. Grabbed a set of Ping i25's w/the i95 that have been SST Pure, love them. IMO they play pretty true to flex, I am gaming them in regular flex and use regular flex for everything else. I am getting a lot more distance out of these than steel shafts for sure, I am about a club longer. Can't wait to get some more rounds under my belt with them.

that setup is exactly what i tried to make work a couple years ago. i25 with i95r sst PUREd. just couldn't do it, guessing the weight was the issue. glad they're working out for you!

I thought I had posted in here, but appears I didn't. I swapped out my 65g Kuro Kage shafts for a set of i95 steelfibers in stiff. The steelfibers are much better. The KK's were just too damn light. The steelfibers feel much better, I have no trouble launching them, and they seem fairly true to flex to me. They look great too. I like the fact you can see the steel strands in the sunlight. I've been extremely impressed with these shafts.

Anyone tried the steelfiber hybrid shafts? I'm considering dropping them into my Adams hybrids. I like the Kuru Kage stock shafts, but I think they are a bit flimsy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone tried the steelfiber hybrid shafts? I'm considering dropping them into my Adams hybrids. I like the Kuru Kage stock shafts, but I think they are a bit flimsy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just installed one in my BB Alpha 815, the hls75 to be exact. Love this thing, feels just as good as the Steelfiber's in my irons/wedges. It feels nice and stable, snagged mine for $30 so the price was nice.

Bumping an old thread. I am planning to try a few driving iron clubs and considering Aerotech i70 as one possible shaft option. Most of the commentary in this thread is about the Aerotech 80, 90, or heavier weights.
Has anybody here swung the i70 ?

Bumping an old thread. I am planning to try a few driving iron clubs and considering Aerotech i70 as one possible shaft option. Most of the commentary in this thread is about the Aerotech 80, 90, or heavier weights.
Has anybody here swung the i70 ?

I have the i70's in all my irons (Mizuno JPX 900 HM). They are super stable and I have been very happy with them for the past 2 years. I also ended up with the Aerotech Ti-Fiber in my driver when I got fit. The one thing I can say about the i70's from my fitting is that they felt light but very stable and consistent. Not sure if that helps but I really like them. definitely worth trying.

I have the i70's in all my irons (Mizuno JPX 900 HM). They are super stable and I have been very happy with them for the past 2 years. I also ended up with the Aerotech Ti-Fiber in my driver when I got fit. The one thing I can say about the i70's from my fitting is that they felt light but very stable and consistent. Not sure if that helps but I really like them. definitely worth trying.

Thanks for your reply. I will be trying an 18* driving iron fitted with an i70. The finished length will be about 40.5", and my expectation is that at such a long length, the club will not feel especially light weight.
If I like the i70 in a driving iron I might try an iron set with Aerotech shafts as well.
Today I played with a friend who played some Tour golf and also has worked about 25 years as a teaching pro at several courses. I noticed his Callaway iron set were shafted with i95 steel fibers regular flex. I did not ask him about the shafts today but as long as I've known him he has preferred tip stiff type shafts. I am usually not a good fit for tip stiff shafts but I'll give this one a try.

I think this shaft will get a shot in my frankeniron.

Thanks for your reply. I will be trying an 18* driving iron fitted with an i70. The finished length will be about 40.5", and my expectation is that at such a long length, the club will not feel especially light weight.
If I like the i70 in a driving iron I might try an iron set with Aerotech shafts as well.
Today I played with a friend who played some Tour golf and also has worked about 25 years as a teaching pro at several courses. I noticed his Callaway iron set were shafted with i95 steel fibers regular flex. I did not ask him about the shafts today but as long as I've known him he has preferred tip stiff type shafts. I am usually not a good fit for tip stiff shafts but I'll give this one a try.

BTW - I failed to mention that I liked them so much that to keep consistency in my set, I just got fit for new Vokey SM7's a month or so ago and I put the i70's in them as well. I love hitting them. I guess you could say I like them. Ha. They have been a great match in my wedges as well. Every iron in my bag now has the i70's.

BTW - I failed to mention that I liked them so much that to keep consistency in my set, I just got fit for new Vokey SM7's a month or so ago and I put the i70's in them as well. I love hitting them. I guess you could say I like them. Ha. They have been a great match in my wedges as well. Every iron in my bag now has the i70's.

I too like my iron and wedge shafts to be of the same model, weight etc...
Are you in the San Jose area ? I live in SF but this past Fall had the opportunity to play several rounds on both golf courses at Coyote Creek, and enjoyed both of them very much. The San Jose metro area has some sensational golf courses.

I too like my iron and wedge shafts to be of the same model, weight etc...
Are you in the San Jose area ? I live in SF but this past Fall had the opportunity to play several rounds on both golf courses at Coyote Creek, and enjoyed both of them very much. The San Jose metro area has some sensational golf courses.

I am in Fremont. Have you played Cinnabar? Where do you normally play?

I am in Fremont. Have you played Cinnabar? Where do you normally play?

It's been about 10 years since I played Cinnabar. Hilly course with big views, 27 holes,is that right ?
I mostly play Harding Park here in SF as well as some East Bay courses; Concord, Antioch, Discovery Bay.

It's been about 10 years since I played Cinnabar. Hilly course with big views, 27 holes,is that right ?
I mostly play Harding Park here in SF as well as some East Bay courses; Concord, Antioch, Discovery Bay.

Very cool. I do like Harding. I have been lucky lately, my buddy is a member at TPC Stonbrae and I have been getting on there more lately. My usuals are Poppy Ridge, Callippe, Coyote or The Bridges - with a Spanish Bay, Spyglass, Bayonet, Blackhorse sprinkled in. I am headed out the Valley tomorrow and I am hoping the rain is minor. Regardless, they would have to close the course for me not to play tomorrow!!

Very cool. I do like Harding. I have been lucky lately, my buddy is a member at TPC Stonbrae and I have been getting on there more lately. My usuals are Poppy Ridge, Callippe, Coyote or The Bridges - with a Spanish Bay, Spyglass, Bayonet, Blackhorse sprinkled in. I am headed out the Valley tomorrow and I am hoping the rain is minor. Regardless, they would have to close the course for me not to play tomorrow!!

If you would like to play Cinnabar or The Bridges on a weekday, please let me know. It's been more than 10 years since I played either one of those courses and I would like to revisit them.

If you would like to play Cinnabar or The Bridges on a weekday, please let me know. It's been more than 10 years since I played either one of those courses and I would like to revisit them.

That sounds great. With work and kids, my weekday golf is minimal, but I am sure we can figure something out. Also, I was just loading up my gear for tomorrow just now and saw another AEROTECH shaft I have. It is the HFS 780 (fairway with Titleist adapter). I know it is basically the opposite of what you are after, but you can have it if you are experimenting. It measures 42 1/4 from end of grip to end of adapter. Let me know and I can send it over to you if you think you want to try it.

Back