Alcohol and club purchases.

Pops

Formerly Bbutler
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Does alcohol intake have an effect on your club purchasing. I know is does on mine. Some good buys some maybe not so good.

Don't drink and shop... Especially on Amazon... Ended up with a gater head for the office when we were quoting Happy Gilmore with some beers. Buddy went home and Amazon me one that night... No club purchases though

Hahahaha!

ALL. THE. TIME.

It why I try not to mix the two. Haha

Many times a year. The next day it is always a “why did I do that?!” Followed by a “I’m glad I did that”.

Yes. I happen to like both activities. Never had a tremendous regret, but certainly have bought some things that were completely unnecessary.

I’ve never though about it but maybe that’s why I have so many putters, lol. Damn, CPO!

ebay is the devil, stuff shows up to the house and it’s like what’s this shat? Who ordered this shat? I get something in my head and it just doesn’t go away till I buy it...

It definitely does. Which has more influence? Alcohol on Amazon purchases? Or Covid-19 on purchases? What about combining all 3?? Uh oh... 🤦‍♂️

I have come close more times than I can count but don't think I ever pulled the trigger on an alcohol induced mindless buy.

I don’t think I’ve ever made a club purchase drunk. Sounds fun though... 🤔

in the past my wife has threatened to put one of those car breathalyzer things on my laptop...though I've been behaving much better over the past couple years re: buying golf stuff in general.

Many times a year. The next day it is always a “why did I do that?!” Followed by a “I’m glad I did that”.
I live for the “glad I did it” moments, too often I get, well that was a mistake. Haha

Not so much... I usually put a fair amount of planning into my golf club purchases.

Years back I was watching the walking dead with more than my share of beverages. Three days later a gerber zombie apocalypse kit arrived at my door. Drunk me though sober me would like it. He was right, but he did not show financial responsibility. I mention that to say that while I dint do that often anymore I have bought a few clubs and I regret nothing.

Alcohol and eBay got me my Epic Flash last season and I couldn't have been happier!

When you spend $400-600 a month on the Snap-On, Matco, and Mac trucks you can only afford to drink or play golf. I chose golf. The good news is, Snap-On and Mac will be paid off within the next month. Matco, well, we still have another 4 1/2 years with him.

Does alcohol intake have an effect on your club purchasing. I know is does on mine. Some good buys some maybe not so good.
Alcohol doesn't affect anything for me.

I had a few of those buys last year...i'm not embarrassed to admit it.

I once bought a Squatty Potty after a couple of drinks and watching Shark Tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back