All New 2015 Ford F-150

I've always loved the F-150's but to be honest I think those head lights are ugly.

Love Ford trucks. Definitely looks good to me

Looks like a dodge knock off IMO. Chevrolet Silverado is truck of the year!

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

I'm not a Ford guy by any means, but the new trucks don't look that bad. Hopefully they've also fixed the door lock issue or they'll about as useless around here as the local dealer.
I know of 3 F-150 owners that are planning to jump just just because of this. Reminds me somewhat of the fuel pump issue with the GM Trucks/SUV's in the late 90's. (From my understanding, this was more of a regional issue, but GM lost a ton of customers around here from 97 till around 2003 or 2004.

That's always been my gripe with Ford trucks, their "mid-level" packages lack so many of the creature comforts that GM and the other manufacturer's include. I don't need leather/nav/sunroof, but I don't want a stripper either. I just want a reliable, mid-tier truck with some of the little things like rear window defrost, leather wrapped wheel, heated mirrors, etc. that I can get on an SLE GMC, but not an XLT Ford.

I have all that on my 2013 F-150 XLT... Just have to get the 302A package... It gives you all that plus backup camera and trailer brake and electric rear sliding window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me it looks like every other F-150. The Bronco is gonna be sweet, though.

2015-Ford-Bronco-Concept.jpg

I've heard nothing from anyone in Ford to say the Bronco is coming back....sorry.

As for the truck, I like it. It's a step up from one of the best redesigns they ever had...2009-2014 MY's....IMO. One of the best part about working at a Ford Dealership is getting to drive all the latest stuff. Can't wait to see what they do with the Raptor when they bring that back. It will probably be a late 2015 add or I've heard 2016 is more likely when we see if return.

Not much of a huge difference in the body style from previous models but the fact that it is aluminum will add great gas mileage. I saw a pic of the FX4 model which is their sport model, its all blacked out without any chrome and it looks sick! I have been holding out for this model for the better gas mileage so I think I'll be going for the FX4 in black.

That's one of my personal favorites in the current model run as well.

58600621.jpg

I think the 2015 FX4 is going to look JUST as sharp, your right!

Sign me up. I currently have a new model explorer and love that. That is a great looking truck!

Looks good, but just curious how it holds up in a collision.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

I think it looks like a Toyota.

Interesting though, 700lbs is huge, I wonder if their payload increased that amount as well.

Should help massively with fuel economy, which from what I've seen has been hard for owner to reproduce epa numbers. (my roommates ecoboost gets the same mpg average right now as my 6.0 liter vortex.)

It's about time someone starts cutting weight, though I thought Ford were always a little bit heavier anyways.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Not terrible, but it looks like a Super Duty slept with a Tundra and this is their illegitimate child...

I was just gonna write the same thing. I own an F150 FX4 and the front end of the truck looks like a dodge ram and the rest of it looks like the Nissan Titan or Toyota tundra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I would love to have one of the new trucks! Looks awesome to me.

You and KellyBo would look great in a ride like that! Also, plenty of room for the clubs, bags, shoes, and anything else you want to put in the mobile woodshed. :act-up:

Interesting though, 700lbs is huge, I wonder if their payload increased that amount as well.

700lbs really is an amazing weight reduction. That must have shocked the other OEMs and could be a real game changer. Interested to see the mileage, payload and towing numbers in a road test.

I'll bet the other OEMs are scrambling to get aluminum into their tricks now.

Glad I didn't sell my Ford stock.

Am I really the only one with concerns about handling? Trucks are light in the ass end already. I could see these things getting squirrelly pretty easily.

Thought about it, I have in the past had to put weight in the backend of my truck to settle it down.

Depends on the weight balance i guess, if most of the weight was removed from the forward part of the truck it would in theory improve the handling.

Thought about it, I have in the past had to put weight in the backend of my truck to settle it down.

Depends on the weight balance i guess, if most of the weight was removed from the forward part of the truck it would in theory improve the handling.

Oh, I had heard it was all bed. Maybe I got some bad info.

If that's the case that could be really bad on washboard dirt roads. I haven't heard where they've removed the weight yet.
Washboard dirt roads make the matters worse.

The weight saving comes from the use of aluminum everywhere from the front end, the cab, the bed, and the frame.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I just read a little about it, the bed seems to be 100% aluminum, and the cab is now 90% aluminum.

So that's a bit of rearward weight, to my eyes.
They can do some tricky stuff with suspension to make it more even though.

Back