Alphard Golf club booster v2

Any updated reviews on this? I was thinking about getting one of these for my clicgear 4.0. Is it worth it? does anyone have the cligear swivel conversion kit?
I've had mine since V1. The swivel kit didn't come out until V2 so have had it both ways. Without swivel I had to correct it more often because my front wheel was slightly out of alignment and so it pulled a little left. Turning is OK but a very large radius.
Swivel is way better IMO. The front just kinda bounces back and forth taking all the little bumps but the cart continues on straight. If I'm not paying attention (often) and need to quickly avoid something you can do a pretty sharp turn whereas without it you won't get around things that fast.
I walk about 75% of my rounds and it's paid for itself several times over.

Walked with it today - and had 2 more people take a few notes relative to the brand/make and Budget Golf as a vendor. Hope both start to see some returns from it.

It was 91 in the shade the last part of the round and according to the Apple Watch walked about 8 miles - this course is not overly long about 6400 yards, but there are many holes with a good trek from green to tee. I was absolutely soaked after 18! But walked it and that's a health benefit as well. I may need to switch to every other round walk/ride - or get out by about 730 (as I did today to only get clobbered by the heat for say 5 or so holes.

I just got my V2 this past week. So far it was easy to set up and took it for a quick spin in the driveway. I am playing Sunday morning and can't wait to test it out.

So I put the Alphard V2 on my Clicgear 4.0 into play yesterday. There was some overnight rain Saturday into Sunday so there was some holes that were fairly wet. I played 18 and at the beginning of the round it was awesome. The cart was quick, responsive and a lot of fun. Prior to yesterday I had only used a pushcart and never an electric one. It was a lot more enjoyable then I anticipated. Getting the cart in the trunk added a little space from the regular clicgear but not too substantial. I really enjoyed using the cart a lot and had fun playing even though the weather was really humid. Now the negatives, around the 16th hole the battery started to drain. The range of the remote started to lessen and the cart would just stop if it got about 20 yards ahead of me. The turning radius started to get worse and worse. By the time I got to the 18th green the turning radius was almost zero. The cart made it to my car fine but has me worried about what will happen come later this fall when we get some more rain and the course has a tendency to get very wet in spots. The battery was 100% charged I had it plugged in until it put it into my trunk right before I left.

EDIT: Let me clarify the turning radius I was talking about is while the cart was going forward was almost zero at the end. I would have to stop then hit the left or right button several times to get it to turn direction. Not ideal. Hopefully this was a one off and it does a better job this coming week and going forward. Until the end I really enjoyed it and even at that point it was serviceable but I kept worrying that the battery would completely drain.

Last edited:
I charged mine up about 2 weeks ago, but ended up riding - did not use or discharge the charge from the battery or remote. Am playing tomorrow - long course about 8+ miles (no not Sawgrass :ROFLMAO:), should I recharge or might I do any damage if I recharge or should I be good to go?

Please advise - would hate to be pushing that thing the last several holes.

Thanks!

I charged mine up about 2 weeks ago, but ended up riding - did not use or discharge the charge from the battery or remote. Am playing tomorrow - long course about 8+ miles (no not Sawgrass :ROFLMAO:), should I recharge or might I do any damage if I recharge or should I be good to go?

Please advise - would hate to be pushing that thing the last several holes.

Thanks!
2 weeks, you should be fine. If it's not in use they recommend topping it off once a month. Remote I get about 5 rounds so that would be fine also.

Awesome - thanks - guess I need to read better, I top it off for the winter (or I did, not sure about winters here - hope to still play), but that said, I use it at least monthly (again winter not withstanding). I always charged the remote when I charged the battery (I guess that was overkill too now).

But cool - no need to cycle a new charge - so thanks for letting me know.

With the V2, do the wheels disengage into a free-wheel mode? Some of the courses I play have some tight turns on narrow, brush crowded paths between holes. Running a remote through that would be a pain. If you just push without using the motor, is there a lot of resistance?

With the V2, do the wheels disengage into a free-wheel mode? Some of the courses I play have some tight turns on narrow, brush crowded paths between holes. Running a remote through that would be a pain. If you just push without using the motor, is there a lot of resistance?
You can either turn the unit off or push and hold the stop button to get it into freewheel mode. I use it but rarely. It is a little heavier than normal but not at all difficult to push. I've forgotten to charge the battery one time and had to push for a few holes at end of round and not a terrible experience.

You can either turn the unit off or push and hold the stop button to get it into freewheel mode. I use it but rarely. It is a little heavier than normal but not at all difficult to push. I've forgotten to charge the battery one time and had to push for a few holes at end of round and not a terrible experience.

Thanks. I'm in full ponder mode on this thing.

My V2 is set to deliver Thursday. The steerable axle for clicgear 4.0 to arrive at same time. I’m scheduled to arrive home late Friday. Charge assemble and give it a try Saturday thru Tuesday. Can’t wait.

V2 and Clicgear 4.0 assembled charged and ready for a little demo. Video and pics to follow. Hope to get it on course today or tomorrow

First outing today loved everything about it. Really looking forward to the side kick arriving between now and January.EFD6214B-5555-4173-8193-55F82DD0DF64.jpeg

After the first couple rounds you'll want to check on the nuts and bolts of the swivel kit. Some people had issue with those loosening up. I didn't, but quite a few on fb group mentioned it.
Will do

these really are pretty dang nice. I wonder if my wife would kill me.

For the stickers? Nah. 😁😁

I have the V1 with the Clicgear rovic for 3.5 years now. I don't get 5 lights anymore, just 4 but the unit will still do 27 easily. I have noticed this year that by the time I get to the back 9 I am down to 2 lights and the unit seems to slow down, but not slow enough that it can't keep up with me. The swivel wheel is a great idea, but with mine I am constantly adjusting the direction as the cart will pull to whatever the slope is and I don't play flat courses generally...trying to figure out a way to stiffen the swivel but have not figured out how to.

these really are pretty dang nice. I wonder if my wife would kill me.
I had my wife’s blessing when I ordered mine.

Back