Alt Shot Hole-in-One

Is it a hole-in-one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lol im sorry but i still dont capture what your saying......when you state you had a "hole in par"?
is what you are saying,that this also happened to you? You holed a par 3 on the second shot of a team event? Your fist shot? but for the team it was just a par?

If so then you can of course decide to not count it as a HIO for yourself on a personal level , do what you wish but imo youd be doing yourself a huge injustice.
Just because you didnt score it a HIO on the card due to the format imo has no relevance to the fact that you holed on your first shot.
No. I had my hole in par in a solo round. First shot splashed down. Took another ball out of my pocket, re-teed, and one hopped it into the hole.

In the context of an alternate shot format, if the partner puts his first ball in the drink and I make my shot, the 3rd shot on the hole, it's a par (obviously) but I wouldn't think of it as a personal HIO.

It’s an asterisk. HIO needs the scorecard to count, in my opinion.

Score card says it's par but player 2 still has HIO bragging rights.
The claims on a hole in one is, one shot by you, in the hole.

I can see why this isn't a hole in one for the alt-shot, but it's an ace no matter how I look at it.
Hole in one. Your first shot. Of course a three on the card but that’s not the point for me. I’d consider it a personal hio
My sentiments. Have two of these events coming up, so hopefully I get to go first and not have to worry about the answer.

Back