Alternative types of training

Selasmit

Scholar of the game...
Reaction score
Handicap
I've been playing a heap of golf on the xbox recently, and I noticed that my course management has really mellowed out. I know it sounds weird, but having spent so much time playing the game and seeing how "you're meant to manage the course" it made me think a little more about my actual game.

Also, my tempo is also better after I've been playing a heap on the game. I think the feel of the swing is just ingrained in me since spending so long looking at the "ideal" swing.

Has anyone else encountered a similar thing with a video game and their performance on course.

I have not, but if it has helped, that is a great thing.

Haven't really thought about that, but I can see it helping. I think playing with a created player with stats as close to your own as possible would be a good idea, instead of playing with the top players.

I played tiger woods on the xbox once. If you pay attention to the setup while hitting different shots it might teach you a thing or two about ball placement and foot position.

All it did for me was make me want to push a button to spin the ball more when I was on the course.

I spent all weekend playing Tiger Woods 2009 on my Xbox 360 and like you, tried to use good course management. I just wish I was able to play golf as well as the dude on the screen. It's not translated well into my actual golf game at all. I'm not sure the resoltion is good enough for me to use that as an example to follow.

That's awesome that it's working for you though. Maybe if and when I get an Xbox One and Kinect and they release a golf game I'll imp

I should point out that I was using a custom player the had stats the same as me in real life (same distances, high trajectory, draw bias)

Back