ANNOUNCEMENT AMA: Ask Me Anything About THP

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has been your favorite THP Experience since COVID and what makes it your favorite? Is it always the THPers that make the experience what it ultimately becomes or are there experiences that are so great, their success is less dependent on who the participants are?

I may be late on this… but, is there a possibility of a Callaway / Top Golf split up..?

Before you joined Dormie Network, what made you join Dormie Network? Strictly for Experiences? Friends in the industry that were already members told you about the service?
Strictly for Experiences.
Danny Le brought me to one and I was hooked at the level of service and the ability to put something on for THPers that we can't do elsewhere.
Its special. They are special. The people that go understand and see that we believe and despite the level of cost on our end, we wouldnt change it right now.

There are some things we need to work out the kinks on, mainly alcohol consumption. We had an event previously where the alcohol bill alone was 3X the entry fee on the event. That is before we get to greens fees, lodging, etc. Something will have to give there.

Are you still taking golf lessons?

I can never remember the damn questions I think of. Need to write them down. How is Milo doing?
He is okay. Getting better. He ate my Ballyhack belt last night, so there is that.

Do you think we will see any surprises with tour players moving from or aligning with new equipment sponsors this year?
Yes.
I also think people need to be educated (if I am allowed I will) on how some of these deals work. Such as appearances, winners pools, play in pools, no play no pay, etc.

Strictly for Experiences.
Danny Le brought me to one and I was hooked at the level of service and the ability to put something on for THPers that we can't do elsewhere.
Its special. They are special. The people that go understand and see that we believe and despite the level of cost on our end, we wouldnt change it right now.

There are some things we need to work out the kinks on, mainly alcohol consumption. We had an event previously where the alcohol bill alone was 3X the entry fee on the event. That is before we get to greens fees, lodging, etc. Something will have to give there.
I am willing to go dry for a weekend!! ;)

What do you think was the most criminally underrated lineup in the last 5 years. I know you really like the King Tour irons so wondering if anything else was in that category.
The Cobra lineup currently and its not close.

Yes.
I also think people need to be educated (if I am allowed I will) on how some of these deals work. Such as appearances, winners pools, play in pools, no play no pay, etc.
Learning more about those contracts would be something I would love to learn about.

If you were just starting today with creating THP, what would you now do differently?
Everything?
Hire a social media person at the beginning instead of this year.

With apparel sponsorships, do you think they are based on actual performance/quality of the apparel, or just solely players choosing clothing based on the most amount of money paid to them?

Over the years, what club grip and putter grip have become your preference?

On the flip side, is there one specifically that you do not like (feel/performance) wise.
Lamkin ST for club grip and its amazing.
SuperStroke Pistol 1.0.

I will never understand the love of Golf Pride MCC. It feels ******* terrible comparison to others in its class. But golfers dont like change.

Follow up question as that was not fully what I was expecting, what separates Skytrak software from the market to help with that thinking?
Its better. It works. It is constantly evolving.

I know its not THP per se', but he really is, How's Arrow as of late?

When you look ahead and dream big, what (if any) changes do you hope to see in regards to THP?
Less events.
I know some people won't like that, but it has to. Each one has to be a big deal and when people don't think that is the case and want to just "play with others", its time to jettison some of them.

I will never understand the love of Golf Pride MCC. It feels ******* terrible comparison to others in its class. But golfers dont like change.
Its the color choices!!!!

What has been your favorite THP Experience since COVID and what makes it your favorite? Is it always the THPers that make the experience what it ultimately becomes or are there experiences that are so great, their success is less dependent on who the participants are?
The Grandaddy.
And definitely not. The THPers are very important and I love getting to meet so many different people from all walks of life, but what makes the experience is the company and the equipment.

I may be late on this… but, is there a possibility of a Callaway / Top Golf split up..?
That would be a question for them.

Are you playing in The Grandaddy this year?

With apparel sponsorships, do you think they are based on actual performance/quality of the apparel, or just solely players choosing clothing based on the most amount of money paid to them?
Oh I think it is more than just money, in fact a decent number of players aren't paid much for it, but the ability to have clean apparel they enjoy and logo the crap out of it.
The glove deal is a new one that has taken shape, and to me that is a money play solely. See Rickie Fowler.

I know its not THP per se', but he really is, How's Arrow as of late?
He is getting older. His hearing is not great anymore. His eyesight is causing some issues. He has pressure behind one of his eyes that is being dealt with currently.

Are you playing in The Grandaddy this year?
I hope so.
I had a good time with this team this year.
It still always feels as though I am taking a spot away from someone else, but based on this one that just passed, I am also the person that the captain can throw to the wolves to please others. :ROFLMAO:

I hope so.
I had a good time with this team this year.
It still always feels as though I am taking a spot away from someone else, but based on this one that just passed, I am also the person that the captain can throw to the wolves to please others. :ROFLMAO:
Shark Tank Writing GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back