An annoying habit of your golfing partner

Some of these had me laughing out loud especially the guy looking for lost balls all the time.

I have one buddy that hits a shot and blames the terrain or obstacle it hit for the poor spot he ended up at. He will say f that I’m putting it where it should have went. He will kick it to a better spot and off he goes.

Pulling up on wrong side of ball gets me too. I’m LH so happens all the time to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normally my wife, who forgets we’re playing ready golf.

My normal golfing buddy is a terrible putter of a golf ball, he always has been and even following some putting lessons I feel he's always going to be.... He struggles to read a green. His routine drives me crazy and takes so long which would be fine if it works but it doesn't especially as i am the polar opposite that I just walk up to the ball and putt it.....

To be fair to him he has this last 6 months tried to reduce the fannying around that he does which has sped this process up and actually improved his putting but there are times that you would think he was lining up the winning putt at the Masters.

My best friend and playing partner is a mid-80's guy, but the worst part of his game by far is his short game, especially his chipping and pitching. He does have a pretty sweet "bump and run" 7 iron shot that he's pretty clutch with. But the annoying part - he hits it from EVERYWHERE. Fringe, rough, upslope, downslope, short, long.. he could have a 5 foot ridge in his face.. "hmm.. bump and run 7 iron it is!" Regardless of the lie, position, or anything else, he hits this shot. And then acts disappointed when drilling a 7 iron chip into a tall slanted embankment doensn't magically clear the mound, go straight over, then follow the downslope perfectly and break the required 20 feet to the cup.. drives me insane. At the end of the round - "man if I could just limit those doubles I'd be golden." No s*** Sherlock! Using something called a wedge might be a good place to start. **End rant**

One of my golf buddies is a millennial. He NEVER puts his phone down. If we're walking, he's face down in his screen. If we're riding, he's face down in his screen. He'll look at his phone while standing on the tee box and on the green. It's like: do I even exist?

Man thats the only good thing about my son growing up playing in high school golf. They never have their phones out. That would drive me crazy...

My best friend and playing partner is a mid-80's guy, but the worst part of his game by far is his short game, especially his chipping and pitching. He does have a pretty sweet "bump and run" 7 iron shot that he's pretty clutch with. But the annoying part - he hits it from EVERYWHERE. Fringe, rough, upslope, downslope, short, long.. he could have a 5 foot ridge in his face.. "hmm.. bump and run 7 iron it is!" Regardless of the lie, position, or anything else, he hits this shot. And then acts disappointed when drilling a 7 iron chip into a tall slanted embankment doensn't magically clear the mound, go straight over, then follow the downslope perfectly and break the required 20 feet to the cup.. drives me insane. At the end of the round - "man if I could just limit those doubles I'd be golden." No s*** Sherlock! Using something called a wedge might be a good place to start. **End rant**

That reminds me of another buddy! This guy hits a flop shot as his ONLY short game shot. It generally doesn't annoy me, because it just helps me make some cash, but one day it came to a head when he complained so much about his results. On the very first hole, him and I both missed the green right. We were each about 1-2 yards off the green with 40 feet of green to work with, all uphill with a slight right to left break. I hit a nice low chip that ran out to two feet for an easy tap-in par. He tried to hit a flop shot but apparently had a fluffy lie; club goes under the ball, which carries to the fringe, and rolls 1 foot onto the green. He 3 putts for double. He kept doing this all day, as he usually does, often leaving himself LONG putts. All day he complains about how bad his "chips" are--literally has not hit a chip shot yet. After the round, we are eating lunch, and he tallies the score. I won by 5 and had 6 fewer putts. He says, "well, if I could freaking putt, I would have beat your a$$." I nearly spit out my beer laughing, and responded, "no, if you even knew what a chip shot was, you would have beat my a$$."

I'm pretty lucky. My regular partner is @OhioGolfer and he doesn't really do anything that annoys me. Aside from complaining about how bad he's playing whilst shooting a 77 and I'm over here struggling to stay under 90 :alien:

It's almost as if everyone in this thread has golfed with me!
Even if it's a bad round I'm always entertained when we play.

One guy in my semi-regular game will say "sit Ubu sit" to any shot going too far or too crooked. It's easily a dozen times a round just on putts and short game shots.

One guy in my semi-regular game will say "sit Ubu sit" to any shot going too far or too crooked. It's easily a dozen times a round just on putts and short game shots.

Hahah I have one of these friends too

My regular buddy is pretty cool. We can knock out 18 in 3-1/2 hours and never rush at all. We will laugh a ton and have a lot of fun though.

Man-spreading. Guy in my group........ when he gets into the cart......knees are splayed and our sweaty legs are rubbing against each other for four hours. Dude, respect my personal space and keep your legs on your half-of-the-cart.

Even if it's a bad round I'm always entertained when we play.
Im especially entertained when you get the_dude riled up.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Man-spreading. Guy in my group........ when he gets into the cart......knees are splayed and our sweaty legs are rubbing against each other for four hours. Dude, respect my personal space and keep your legs on your half-of-the-cart.

A lower voltage stun gun can go a long way in correcting that

I've got a friend that if his ball goes into the cup with the PIN still in he will use the PIN to try to get the ball out instead of just bending down and retrieving his ball. He will Jerk it out real fast hoping the ball will come flying out, on more than one occasion I have seen him jerk the cup right out of the hole at least above the level of the green. Boy this pisses me off!

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

... and it should.

Holy cow I was POSITIVE it was sit boo boo, sit. I even looked it up right now to call you out! But I'm the one feeling stupid now.

Please tell me you reply with "Good dog".

I play with a guy that throws clubs,.. but I have to say that I find it entertaining. He even broke one once! That was really funny. To be fair I get the frustration, and I've been known to throw out the odd four letter word as my provisional follows the same path as the first ball, but if someone's going to break their stuff then I am fully within my rights to laugh.

The thing I find annoying are the people that try to use gamesmanship to make you play poorly. That's just poor sportsmanship. Anyway,.. I never play for more than $1 skins,.. it's not like the masters is on the line.

Whiskey

Cheating.

I play with a guy that throws clubs,.. but I have to say that I find it entertaining. He even broke one once! That was really funny. To be fair I get the frustration, and I've been known to throw out the odd four letter word as my provisional follows the same path as the first ball, but if someone's going to break their stuff then I am fully within my rights to laugh.

The thing I find annoying are the people that try to use gamesmanship to make you play poorly. That's just poor sportsmanship. Anyway,.. I never play for more than $1 skins,.. it's not like the masters is on the line.

Whiskey

Surely a bit of gamesmanship is allowed in matchplay? Get people off their game? I don't try to do it personally

Senior golf experience, every once in a while I get stuck with this one guy who 20+ years ago was a great golfer, so he says, over and over again: when I was playing, I could have made that. I was the longest driver ever in this club, 280-300 yds. He has 4 sets of new clubs, all forged or pro models, and a 22 handicap. Never shuts up about how good he used to be. Actually, never shuts up. (Our group starter tries to spread him among our regular foursomes so we don't have to play with him more than once every couple of weeks.)

I have this one really nice fellow that I often play a round of golf with but he has one habit that can annoy me. The habit I'm referring to is chewing sunflower seeds while playing and then spitting out the hulls. The only times this really bothers me is when we are riding together in the golf cart and then he spits the hulls out and the wind blows them into my face at times. I suppose it could be worse. He could be a tobacco chewer and spitter.

How about you. Do you play or have you played with a partner with an annoying habit?

Oof. That's annoying. Two annoying habits spring to mind for me:

1) I occasionally play with a friend of my dad's who announces the direction of errant shots while the ball is in the air. Hit a slice? Before it's at apex, he'll loudly exclaim, "oh!!! WAYYYYYY right!!" Yes, thanks for that.

2) I know this will be controversial, but I hate music on the golf course. Nature, impact, and conversation is all I want to hear on the course.

Back