An Inquiring Mind Would Like To Know

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
Ok, the new drivers are going to be hitting the stores in the very near future, some are already out, and I know some of you already have your preorders. So would you THPers who have already bought one of the new drivers tell us what you purchased and what shaft you choose for your new driver also. Also those of you who haven't taken the tumble yet what are you contemplating? My inquiring mind would like to know?

This could be interesting.

Purchased a 10.5* SIM with a Ventus Blue 6X. I tried the SIM Max, SZ, SZ Extreme and the MAVRIK and the SIM worked best for my on center strikes as well as my miss.

Nothing ordered or purchased yet, but eventually......Would Love to try the new MAVRIK with the new Rogue White shaft.

pretty happy with the Epic Flash SZ currently.

contemplating SPEEDZONE if they come out with a red face.

Probably not looking at a driver this year, if anything I'll be looking at irons

Will be looking at driver this year.

all big names are in play. Just have to go and hit them to see what I like.

Looking at Cleveland, cobra, callaway mainly but who knows

Purchase The Cobra SpeedZone 9.0 Degree. With the Hzrdus Yellow X-Stff 60 gram Shaft.

It wasn't My Fault.

@Tenputt made me do it.

He put his Trackman Numbers on line and my Thumbs Butt Dialled and order Two.

But seriously, I was half asleep and apparently the Cobra Cart had my Credit card from a prior order ( F-9) and I don't know how the order went thru.

At least. that's my story and I am sticking to it. ?:cobra:

Driver, looking at the SIM, Speedzone or Mavrik if they have fixed the sound of the club. I have always hated the sound of Callaway drivers and even if they could get me a few more yards and consistency I couldn’t get over the sound in prior drivers. I currently have an M1 that I absolutely love that hasn’t been replaced in 5 seasons.

I am the last year model guy....I picked up the Callaway Epic Flash in Oct and love it. 9 with Evenflow reg 5.5...New driver not coming for at least 2 years.

Driver, looking at the SIM, Speedzone or Mavrik if they have fixed the sound of the club. I have always hated the sound of Callaway drivers and even if they could get me a few more yards and consistency I couldn’t get over the sound in prior drivers. I currently have an M1 that I absolutely love that hasn’t been replaced in 5 seasons.

I loved the M1 too, but the Mavrik sounds pretty good, so it might be worth checking out. I'm only one guy, but the reason I'm saying this is because my M1 and the Mavriks are some of the few clubs I've seen my actual monitor numbers on, and oh boy, there's more than a few yards difference. Just sayin'.

I have a 10.5 Mavrik Sub Zero coming with a rogue white 60x that I won't play. The rogue white doesn't suit me great off the tee, but it will resell well with that at some point. I'll try various shafts with it, but my outcomes with a heavier rogue silver and hzrdus black were more than good enough to start.

Also have a sub zero 3W coming with a rogue white 70X that I think I will play to start. Feels strange, but the off the deck numbers can't be denied.

Will be looking at driver this year.

all big names are in play. Just have to go and hit them to see what I like.

Looking at Cleveland, cobra, callaway mainly but who knows

Driver not in the cards for me this year, but if it were, ^^^^^this.

Last three drivers, I've hit at least four drivers, usually more, and I've been surprised - both ways - each time. Last time, I was amazed at the differences shafts made, which probably convinced me to buy current year models when I do.

I got a Ping G410 a month ago. It’s working very well for me. No driver in my near future. Tensei Orange stuff shaft.

Purchase The Cobra SpeedZone 9.0 Degree. With the Hzrdus Yellow X-Stff 60 gram Shaft.

It wasn't My Fault.

@Tenputt made me do it.

He put his Trackman Numbers on line and my Thumbs Butt Dialled and order Two.

But seriously, I was half asleep and apparently the Cobra Cart had my Credit card from a prior order ( F-9) and I don't know how the order went thru.

At least. that's my story and I am sticking to it. ?:cobra:

I’ll take the blame, if I also get the credit when you stripe one 300 right down the middle of the fairway. :LOL:

I have the new Cobra SpeedZone. 9 degrees. I bought it with a Ventus shaft, 5S, but I plan to put my Project X Small Batch Custom shaft in it when I receive it.

Driver not in plans for 2020. It would like a 3 or 5 wood so will seriously be looking at pretty well everything to pick the best fit.

I bought the 10.5 SZ Xtreme with a 6s Ventus shaft. I wanted the forgiveness of the Xtreme without giving up a ton of distance. Mission accomplished.

I have four drivers, so not looking for anything now. Two of them I like and plan to game the most.

Will let you know after I try a few at my fitting tomorrow ;)

I bought the 10.5 SZ Xtreme with a 6s Ventus shaft. I wanted the forgiveness of the Xtreme without giving up a ton of distance. Mission accomplished.

I was in PGASS this afternoon getting a couple of my woods regripped and while I was waiting I was looking at the the Cobra Speedzone. I loved the feel of it.

I was in PGASS this afternoon getting a couple of my woods regripped and while I was waiting I was looking at the the Cobra Speedzone. I loved the feel of it.
It is a step up from the F9 in the forgiveness area. The F9 is one heck of a driver as well.

Oh, and I'm contemplating a SIM, but need to hit a couple first. It's been kind of amazing to me to see the flatter trajectory for some of the people that have tested it. I could see a value in that when it gets hot and windy. It's part of what I like about my m5.

It is a step up from the F9 in the forgiveness area. The F9 is one heck of a driver as well.

I have previous love for Cobra because I've played a FlyZ+ and a F8+. Loved both of those clubs. I was looking at the Xtreme with the Mitsi Tensie AV Blue. :)

Last edited:
I loved the M1 too, but the Mavrik sounds pretty good, so it might be worth checking out. I'm only one guy, but the reason I'm saying this is because my M1 and the Mavriks are some of the few clubs I've seen my actual monitor numbers on, and oh boy, there's more than a few yards difference. Just sayin'.

I have a 10.5 Mavrik Sub Zero coming with a rogue white 60x that I won't play. The rogue white doesn't suit me great off the tee, but it will resell well with that at some point. I'll try various shafts with it, but my outcomes with a heavier rogue silver and hzrdus black were more than good enough to start.

Also have a sub zero 3W coming with a rogue white 70X that I think I will play to start. Feels strange, but the off the deck numbers can't be denied.

I hope they have fixed the sound issue. What I have read so far suggest that they have and that’s why I want to try it out. Hoping to get to CC or PGASS to hit a few and then if anything buy from Callaway direct with the shaft I need.

Back