Another New Member from NH

River19

Reaction score
Handicap
Been lurking for a little bit, decided to dive in.....

48 year old golfer from the Monadnock region of New Hampshire.

Play roughly 27 holes a week with 18 of those with my wife who enjoys the game as well.

Invested in a new set of clubs and fitting this at age 48 and finally moved on from my 1990s 845s........lol

Been working on dropping my handicap and I've been able to drop from 18ish to 13.8 currently and trying to "chip away" at areas of opportunity focusing on short game and course management (ie. making good decisions). The course management piece is sadly worth a few shots per round.......I have always been a relatively long hitter so putting the larger clubs away and checking my ego is literally worth probably 2-3 strokes a round.

Welcome to THP!!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome! NH is a beautiful place and especially so where you are.

Welcome aboard.

Welcome to THP! Sounds like you game is definitely heading in the right direction!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to :thp:

Welcome to THP!

:welcome: Don’t know how you manage with a golf season that short, but rock on!

Thanks for the welcome!!!!

MGoBlue - Regarding the short season......my wife and I have a myriad of hobbies that keep us busy all year, so when golf season is ending I'm knee deep in running my dogs during hunting season in Northern New England, add in a nasty biking habit we both have, my wife's 2 horses, being an active drummer and still working 50-60hrs per week.....I'm just happy I can find time for 18-27/wk from May through September.......

We have been spending most of our golfing time at Bretwood, Stonebridge and Crotched........at least for our more frequent rounds.

Welcome to THP, enjoy the community here!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to the THP. Pretty area you live in.

Welcome!! I was born in Manchester, NH! I have relatives around Meredith(?) in the Lake Winnipesaukee region.

Welcome to THP, @River19!

Play roughly 27 holes a week with 18 of those with my wife who enjoys the game as well.
I'm envious. My wife and I had planned to play golf together, but, in the meantime she suffered a back issue that precludes her swinging a club, or any motion even remotely resembling a golf swing.

Back