Anybody know anything about Epic Star Irons? i might buy a set

armidwestgolf

Reaction score
I tried em out, and i liked em. Do you know anything else about em?

bump. Im really just looking for someone who has owned the set.

Are these a JDM release only ? I’ve never heard of them.

Are these a JDM release only ? I’ve never heard of them.

They normally release them in limited fashion to the US market as well. Here we are with Dnevs breaking down the last Epic Star driver.

I tried em out, and i liked em. Do you know anything else about em?

I had a set a few years back.....very strong lofts and quite light....smaller head as well

Few years back? The set I looked at was from 2019.

I’ve seen
They normally release them in limited fashion to the US market as well. Here we are with Dnevs breaking down the last Epic Star driver.

I’ve seen and hit the Star drivers just never saw Star irons before.

The 2017 Epic Stars irons are exactly the same as the Epic irons, except... Different colorway and the numbering is one club stronger (typical for JDM SGI products and super confusing on the course). The big difference is the ultra premium Grand Bassara i55 that was only available in Lite and R. The resulting swingweight is a very low C8. The shafts are legit and that's what you are/were paying the premium for.

If it's the 2019 then maybe you mean the Epic Forged Star? Regardless, the same principles apply.

Last edited:
I just picked up the 3, 4 and 5 Epic Flash Star hybrids on CPO this week. They are selling for $325 each in stores, but I got them in like new condition for $135.
I want to compare them to my Rogue X hybrids....
They arrive today, I’m looking forward to giving them a try.

I just picked up the 3, 4 and 5 Epic Flash Star hybrids on CPO this week. They are selling for $325 each in stores, but I got them in like new condition for $135.
I want to compare them to my Rogue X hybrids....
They arrive today, I’m looking forward to giving them a try.
please let us know.

I just bought the Driver fromCPO. It is awesome! I have gained the elusive 10-15 yards because of the lighter weight. I would never have paid full price, but at the CPO price, it is a no brainer. Side note...I bought the "Good" condition, and it is like new.

I just bought the Driver fromCPO. It is awesome! I have gained the elusive 10-15 yards because of the lighter weight. I would never have paid full price, but at the CPO price, it is a no brainer. Side note...I bought the "Good" condition, and it is like new.
Do you mind if I ask you your age, swing speed, and what loft, flex you got?
I’m 66 and I’m probably around 85mph with the driver. I probably could’ve gone with the 60g MMTs in my irons, but I went with regular flex 70g instead.
I have a feeling the Epic Flash Star Woods in regular flex would really work well for me. I just got the hybrids the other day, but it hasn’t stopped raining down here so I haven’t been able to hit them yet. They feel very stable, and the 50g shaft doesn’t feel whippy at all. In fact they feel a lot heavier than I expected them to...

Wow, we're very similar. I am 67, as around 85. I got 12*, Reg flex. I am using Senior flex in most of my other clubs, but what little I could find said these play soft to flex. Regular seems to fit me fine.

Wow, we're very similar. I am 67, as around 85. I got 12*, Reg flex. I am using Senior flex in most of my other clubs, but what little I could find said these play soft to flex. Regular seems to fit me fine.

I hit the Flash Star driver today in R flex. Definitely plays soft being a 30g staff. Felt like a Ladies flex for sure competed to a normal 50g Reg I normally play.

I hit the Flash Star driver today in R flex. Definitely plays soft being a 30g staff. Felt like a Ladies flex for sure competed to a normal 50g Reg I normally play.
That’s my concern also...
I took a 50 mile drive to a Pxg fitter last week. The 52g Aldila NV Orange in regular and the ER Riptide 5.0 ( don’t like the 5.5) worked best for me in the Proto driver I tried. I’m going to wait a couple more weeks though for the 3 new Gen 4 drivers to come out before I make a decision between the PXGs and the Ping and Epic Max versions.

That’s my concern also...
I took a 50 mile drive to a Pxg fitter last week. The 52g Aldila NV Orange in regular and the ER Riptide 5.0 ( don’t like the 5.5) worked best for me in the Proto driver I tried. I’m going to wait a couple more weeks though for the 3 new Gen 4 drivers to come out before I make a decision between the PXGs and the Ping and Epic Max versions.
Sent you a PM about your 0211 irons

Other than the shaft, what were your thoughts?

Other than the shaft, what were your thoughts?
When I could keep the face from closing it was a nice easy swinging driver. Produced some long distance for me. But honestly I can’t go much off of it. My left wrist supposedly is fractured (one scan said so. The other said no break). So I’m going to an orthopedic tomorrow for a 2nd opinion.

How high was the launch with that shaft in the Star?
What do you have in your Maverick?

How high was the launch with that shaft in the Star?
What do you have in your Maverick?

I play the riptide 50 5.5 in my Mav. But it’s a 12*. Usually launch it around 14-16*. With the Epic Star 10.5 it was around 9* when I closed the face too much and about 13* on good swings.

I was worried that it would be a hook machine, but it's very straight. And I'm coming from a stiff flex.

Back