Anyone gaming a 2 Hybrid?

Jimmy3864

“JimmyD”
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I really love my 2021 Apex Pro 5 Hybrid and this past week and I picked up on eBay a really great deal on a used Apex Pro 2 Hybrid. I was looking for a 3 hybrid but this was too good to pass up and I have no problem getting the ball elevated either of the tee or fairway so I said what the heck.

I have a couple friends who have as well upgraded their bag to the Apex Pro Hybrids and like me they are enamoured with how they perform. Just the best hybrid we’ve ever played. I really think Callaway is not getting enough love for this head. To me and my buddies it just performs and is definitely anti-left.

Anyway I used to be able to hit a stinger back in the day and get a lot of rolling yards out of it I’m hoping that I can use this club both off the tee and as well as a stinger/running ball in the fairway especially on par fives.

Curious if anyone else is gaming a 2 hybrid and would like to hear your insight in how are you use it and your experience.

I really love my 2021 Apex Pro 5 Hybrid and this past week and I picked up on eBay a really great deal on a used Apex Pro 2 Hybrid. I was looking for a 3 hybrid but this was too good to pass up and I have no problem getting the ball elevated either of the tee or fairway so I said what the heck.

I have a couple friends who have as well upgraded their bag to the Apex Pro Hybrids and like me they are enamoured with how they perform. Just the best hybrid we’ve ever played. I really think Callaway is not getting enough love for this head. To me and my buddies it just performs and is definitely anti-left.

Anyway I used to be able to hit a stinger back in the day and get a lot of rolling yards out of it I’m hoping that I can use this club both off the tee and as well as a stinger/running ball in the fairway especially on par fives.

Curious if anyone else is gaming a 2 hybrid and would like to hear your insight in how are you use it and your experience.
[/QUOTE

Got me interested , pondered this for quite some time , lve 3h callaway and 4h mizuno clk and 3w callaway. 2h may find away in but needs to outperform will be reading replies , great thread thought

I played a 2 hybrid for a while. They are really good for punch shots as you describe. They are also good for advancing the ball on Par 5's. You may find they are not great for hitting into greens though as mine just had no stopping power whatsoever. There was always 20-30 yards of rollout on fairway or green for me. Definitely a useful club, but your game will determine how useful.

What loft would you consider a 2 hybrid? I have a 18 degree hybrid that is an older Titleist model and it works well. It is not stamped as a "2" seems to fit what most describe as a 2. Play it off and on swapping out for a 5 wood depending on course and how I am playing. I am gaming mostly PXG and my next buy may be a hybrid with 18-20 degree loft as i get a Veteran discount and their hybrids seem to be well designed as well.

2 Hybrid Distance (Vs 3 Wood) - Golf Storage Ideas (golfstorageguide.com)

I believe the 17* Callaway Super Hybrid is considered a 2 hybrid and it has been in my bag over a year. I have it lofted up to 18* and it works extremely well from the tee but I have trouble elevating it from the fairway. Its little brother 20* Super Hybrid gets the nod on most shots from the turf.

I will likely pick up a Covra King Tec 2H after the Morgan Cup. Tour 5W is awesome but it’s really more of a confidence thing. I carried a CLK2020 2H last year and had great results with it

yep love mine. PXG Gen4 2h. More forgiveness than a utility and has better ball speed. For me its long enough off the tee on short part 4's and versatile enough to hit from anywhere

When I dropped 3w from the bag (before picking up a mini driver) I lofted down to 16*. Easier to control and still get plenty of distance

I am currently filling the distance gap between my 13.5* mini driver and 20* hybrid with a 17* Super Hybrid. I don't get many opportunities to use it, but when I do it generally does what I expect it to do. I will occasionally hit it off the tee, but I can't say it's a "stinger" club for me.

picked up a Callaway Rogue 17* off Callaway Preowned. Light flex Japanese Version. I’m 73 and wanted something other than a 3 wood to hit plus have been pretty successful with my other hybrids
My drives are typically 200 yards with little dispersion and the 2 hybrid works in my game plan
very surprised how well I hit it, good distance for me and low launch which is what I wanted
Very pleased with it.
Additionally , it was brand new from the outlet.

Have been toying with some new top of the bag arrangements after grabbing the Mini last week. Currently have the Mini at 11.5* and then a 5w and 4hy. Have been thinking about a 2hy to fill the 3w gap possibly. Still not sure.

I use to game a 2 Ironwood from Tour Edge. At the time, these were considered hybrids.This was a long time ago. My whole bag consisted of 12 Ironwoods, (2-lw) driver, and putter. I still have these irons, and still play them occassionally.

At the time, I had enough swing speed to hit the 2, and was pretty good with it. I could hit it about 190 off a good lie. 210 off a tee. It was a favorite club at the time.

It was always fun arriving on the first tee, with unfamiliar golfers, with an all iron bag. Some of the looks, and questions I recieved were quite entertaining. Some would tell me they were illegal.

My swing instructor at the time, had me believing that any golfer who could swing any 2i lofted club, was doing a lot of correct things in their swing. It was a confidence builder.

Eventually, after a long lay off from the game, my longer Ironwoods (2-4) were replaced with fairway woods. (3-5-7)

I started using a apex pro 2 hybrid about 6 weeks ago and really like it. I use it off the tee on a few short holes and for 2nd shots on par 5s. Really like the head shape and sound and the fact that it doesn't go left on me is big.

I believe the 17* Callaway Super Hybrid is considered a 2 hybrid and it has been in my bag over a year. I have it lofted up to 18* and it works extremely well from the tee but I have trouble elevating it from the fairway. Its little brother 20* Super Hybrid gets the nod on most shots from the turf.
I have the same 17* and I would consider it a #2. I have my lofted to 19* and like you I have trouble elevating from the Fairway however it will run for miles when it lands, so I do get the distance I need from it.

I picked up a 2 hybrid because the gap between my 3 and 4 hybrids was too small. Fits the gap in my bag perfectly.

I also do the mini driver and super hybrid combo. It plays more or less like a 4 wood. Off the tee I use it for short par 4s or long par 3s. Off the deck it's the better option over the mini driver unless there's a wide open path to the green. I don't think the super hybrid is particularly suited to hitting stingers but another model with similar loft might be.

gamed a 17* super hybrito for a while...hammer off the tee and deck. my HL 3W kinda negated it but it's waiting....

I actually tried demo'ing one this weekend from the used club bin at my local golf shop. My Sim 4H is automatic, what if this Sim 2 2H is automatic as well but has tee distance?

Nope. Couldn't get it off the ground. Just not enough swing speed here.

I am playing the Speedzone 2 H over the 3 wood right now. It is an absolute beast. Great off the tee or from the deck. I also play a 3 H Cobra Fly Z +. Probably never getting rid of that until it breaks.

Callaway Apex Pro 2 Hybrid....:love::love::love::love:

I have an Adams 2 Hybrid. Love it for when I need to be accurate.

I have had 3 since the start of the year.

1. Apex 19 with graphite design shaft I found on CPO. Absolute monster. Loved it, it did not hook on me at all and I could go after it. The gap to 3w was good the gap back to 4 iron was bad because the 4 iron distance.
2. RADSPEED hybrid with stock recoil shaft. When I was fitted this combo worked well. When I got it in hand it did not. I could not get the ball in the air and everything felt like a topped shot. I think it was the recoil shaft but instead of buy shaft, grip with arccos, waiting for them to arrive and then get re-shafted I bought
3. King TEC Hybrid with MMT shaft. So far it is much closer to the Apex. I have only used one round but it slots in better with my 3w and 4 iron (also new) than my previous setup with Apex 19. In that 1 round I was able to take off the tee pretty easy. No real attempts for a FIR.

I have an 18˚ Mavrik hybrid (stamped 3H but same loft) and I love it. I started with a 4H and the 3H has become one of my favorite clubs off the tee. I don't really hit a stinger with it, but probably could with some ball position manipulation. Also love that I can hit it off the deck. Has nearly made my 4W obsolete. If they made a Mav hybrid in 16˚ I'd at the very least have one in my basement.

I had a 17-degree TaylorMade TP hybrid for a while. It was too long and too hot to be effective for me, and I got rid of it along with my other hybrid, replacing both with a 19-degree EXS.

Now with 13 clubs in my bag, one option for a 14th would be driving iron. For that purpose, the 17-degree TM hybrid wouldn't have been effective either.

Does a 17* driving iron count as a 2-iron? If so, then yes, I do ;)

I am playing the Speedzone 2 H over the 3 wood right now. It is an absolute beast. Great off the tee or from the deck. I also play a 3 H Cobra Fly Z +. Probably never getting rid of that until it breaks.
I loved that club :cool:

Back