Anyone relatively near Haines City, FL?

krispyk

Reaction score
Handicap
If all goes according to plans the wife and I are going to make a trip to Haines City, where we have relatives, and will be leaving here in Pa on Jan 23rd and be down there by Sunday the 25th and stay for a week. Wife has a Dr apptmt in the morning on the 23rd and if she is cleared to make the trip we will be leaving right after. I will be golfing with relatives on Tues the 27th and again Thurs the 29th and was wondering if anyone is available to play that Wed the 28th. I can't guarantee how good or bad I will be as I have had lessons that have resulted in changing my swing and so I haven't played yet to know how the effect is going to be. I must add that I would be looking for a lower priced coarse to keep some of my trip cost down some.

Let me know or if you just have suggestions on coarses around there I would be happy to hear them.

you will only about 40 minutes from orlando, tons to choose from there. Southern Dunes in in Haines City, beautiful course but ur looking at over $100.00 for your round. if you can get to the St. Cloud area check out Royal St. Cloud golf links, it's excellent for about $30.00. I live on the east coast but try to play orlando due to the better courses. have a great time.

you will only about 40 minutes from orlando, tons to choose from there. Southern Dunes in in Haines City, beautiful course but ur looking at over $100.00 for your round. if you can get to the St. Cloud area check out Royal St. Cloud golf links, it's excellent for about $30.00. I live on the east coast but try to play orlando due to the better courses. have a great time.

Thank you very much Steel!

Im not too far and will be traveling back from the the THP Event the prior weekend.
I will have to check the schedule.

Im not too far and will be traveling back from the the THP Event the prior weekend.
I will have to check the schedule.

That'd be awesome JB!

I am in Lakeland 15- 20 min away. There are some decent cheap courses in Lakeland. But if I am in town I would play anywhere.

Both Wedgewood and Huntington Hills in Lakeland are under $40, if I can make it they give me a discount so under $30. Decent courses nothing fancy

That would be great jim54. That is the price range i am looking for too.

I will call my Uncle down there and see what coarses we will be playing on Tues and Thurs just to know but it won't bother me if it is one of the same coarses I am playing with them though. I just need (ok really really want) to get some golf in.

We played at Grenelefe in Haines City when we played Junior Golf back in the late 70's. Andy Bean used to be the pro there and I remember both courses were awesome. On one of the 18's, the first tee box was on top of the clubhouse and you hit way downhill to the first fairway. I don't know how the course is 35 years later though.
http://www.thelefe.com/

Just got off the phone with my Uncle and he said we will be playing Cypress Greens (cheap nine hole coarse) on Tues. and Grenelefe on Thurs at his rate which I guess is better than regular rate but not sure actual rate.

We played Grenelefe a few months ago and it was pretty rough. Not much money there any more. But it is a fun course, if it is cheap why not.

We played Grenelefe a few months ago and it was pretty rough. Not much money there any more. But it is a fun course, if it is cheap why not.

My uncle said the normal price is up around $75 for a round for most people.

Wow, that is high. If must be in a lot better shape then when I played. I would be angry paying that much, we might have paid $35 but it was in the summer and went away feeling it was not worth it.

Heck the clubhouse looked like it was rotting away.
Maybe they made some changes for the better and just for the record I will play in a cow pasture if they don't price it out of sight. Just hitting balls anywhere is what it is all about, but price it accordingly.

Wow, that is high. If must be in a lot better shape then when I played. I would be angry paying that much, we might have paid $35 but it was in the summer and went away feeling it was not worth it.

Heck the clubhouse looked like it was rotting away.
Maybe they made some changes for the better and just for the record I will play in a cow pasture if they don't price it out of sight. Just hitting balls anywhere is what it is all about, but price it accordingly.

I'm with ya on just wanting to be out there playing somewhere, anywhere. Especially right now as my carpet is the only playing surface I have due to frozen raindrops piled up all over everything up here. All I can say is if that is where I play Thursday I will give a report on what I see.

Have fun! Bring lots of balls, some nasty rough

Well we have most of our stuff packed and just getting the final things organized for easy packing. Leaving Friday morning and depending how the wife is traveling we will be there either late Saturday or sometime Sunday. Hope to get a round in on Wednesday with any of you guys or gals. If anything looks possible let me know and I will PM my phone #.

krispyk, I am waiting for new irons to come in and I am hoping next week by Tuesday, but who knows at this point. I did not plan very well on this last transaction.

I will PM you if they show up.

Ok Jim, if they don't come in in time then you can be my caddy and carry my clubs. Lol I will let you know when we make it to Florida and if no golf maybe we can at least meet up just for a face to face.

Made to Savanna, GA where we have stopped for the night and will finish out the trip in the morning. I will say that 65 degrees feels awesome!

We made it to Haines City today. Can't wait to get some golf in this week.

Went to the driving range today and didn't hit very well at all compared to when I finished up the season but it felt good to actually be outside and swinging the clubs.

Been having a great time down here. Played a small executive coarse called HamptonS Golf Club in Auburndale on Monday and shot a 51. Not happy but after 2 months off I have to expect it. Then played Cypress Greens in Lake Alfred, a nine hole coarse and shot 49. Took off Wednesday and headed to Daytona Beach for the day with the wife and then today we played Greenlefe East Coarse. Shot a 98 but I was hitting my irons better but my short game around the greens was my downfall today. I have one more day left tomorrow to get in one last round before headed back to the frozen North. Not sure where Im gonna go yet as my Uncle is not sure if he can play yet. I may be on my own somewhere.

Heading to Haines City for two weeks for the holidays with family down there. Leaving Pa on Saturday and plan to be there sometime Sunday. Not sure what our schedule of events will be but I know some golf is a definate. :golf:

Back