appreciate some feedback from those in the know (Tour Edge HL3 vs HL4 iron woods)

stang22

Reaction score
I pulled the trigger on a 4-PW HL3 iron woods set with graphite shafts at a remarkably low price in the mid $200s. Only thing that made me hesitate was not being able to find reviews comparing the HL3s and HL4s. Have any of you hit both and if so, can you give me your thoughts? I went ahead and did make the purchase because of the dramatic price difference knowing I might not get quite the quality of the H4 but knowing that spending $300-$400 less would probably be worth it.

Last edited:
I pulled the trigger on a 4-PW HL3 set with graphite shafts at a remarkably low price in the mid $200s. Only thing that made me hesitate was not being able to find reviews comparing the HL3s and HL4s. Have any of you hit both and if so, can you give me your thoughts? I went ahead and did make the purchase because of the dramatic price difference knowing I might not get quite the quality of the H4 but knowing that spending $300-$400 would probably be worth it.
Hey Stang!

Ive only worked with the HL3 for the homepage so I can’t talk on the 4’s, but at that price I think you’d be super happy with the 3’s. That’s a super solid price!

I think they were both pretty good. Now saying that, I tested the entire HL3 lineup and only irons from HL4. I thought the irons were quite a bit superior in the newer line. They sounded better, launched higher and really just gave me a better ball flight.

I think they were both pretty good. Now saying that, I tested the entire HL3 lineup and only irons from HL4. I thought the irons were quite a bit superior in the newer line. They sounded better, launched higher and really just gave me a better ball flight.
Now that’s saying something, the HL3 were launch monsters already:oops:

Hey Stang!

Ive only worked with the HL3 for the homepage so I can’t talk on the 4’s, but at that price I think you’d be super happy with the 3’s. That’s a super solid price!

Appreciate the input. I've had my eye on the HL4 set for a long time but I think price-wise I should be pleased with my decision. If anyone has played with both sets I would like to hear what I maybe missed out on.

I also bought the HL3 iron woods this spring because of their killer price along with the TE trial offer HL4 #6 iron wood. Other than looks, both are really, really great clubs. Fading the #5 and #4, but I’ll get that worked out. Can’t really see any distance difference between the #6’s from both series. HL4 iron woods look more like the Cleveland offerings. I am very happy with the HL3’s other than the grips. You got great clubs at a super price. Enjoy!

Last edited:
The HL3 has an Outie cavity and the HL4 is innie cavity.

Back