Arccos 360 Review

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my watch and phone.

Today, the system recorded 5 holes on mostly correct. I had to add a few shots but it caught most of them. Then somehow, someway, it went haywire. It stuck on hole 6. It recorded a bunch of shorts on 6 but nothing else. I didn’t look at the watch or phone for a bit. Nothing registered on the back. The phone would show the correct hole. GPS worked on the phone. But no shots were recorded. The watch was useless. It kept showing me yardage in relation to the 6th green.

Very disappointing.

Update after speaking with customer service:

Since I don't have the sensor on my putter, the system doesn't know when I've finished a hole so it can switch to the next one. That doesn't make much sense because it switched from 1 to 6 just fine yesterday. It also doesn't address the drives or approach shots the system missed yesterday or in prior rounds. On that, the explanation I received was that the absence of the putter sensor causes the algorithm to go crazy and things get missed. Basically, the lack of the sensor causes the algorithm to go higgledy-piggledy.

As for the lack of a putter sensor, I have a Stroke Lab and trimmed down the screw to get a decent fit at the end of the grip. It wouldn't stay on so I removed it. Long story short, Arccos has a sensor that is more compatible with the SL coming out soon. As soon as they can get one out to me, they'll send it.

Update after speaking with customer service:

Since I don't have the sensor on my putter, the system doesn't know when I've finished a hole so it can switch to the next one. That doesn't make much sense because it switched from 1 to 6 just fine yesterday. It also doesn't address the drives or approach shots the system missed yesterday or in prior rounds. On that, the explanation I received was that the absence of the putter sensor causes the algorithm to go crazy and things get missed. Basically, the lack of the sensor causes the algorithm to go higgledy-piggledy.

As for the lack of a putter sensor, I have a Stroke Lab and trimmed down the screw to get a decent fit at the end of the grip. It wouldn't stay on so I removed it. Long story short, Arccos has a sensor that is more compatible with the SL coming out soon. As soon as they can get one out to me, they'll send it.

Good to hear they have a new sensor for those putters coming out! Arccos only missed 1 drive yesterday which was much better than the previous rounds. I still have to adjust the putts at the end of the rounds though. I am going to tape my sensors like Wubears suggested so i can hopefully keep them from breaking apart.

Arccos customer service deserves a shout out. I reached out to them to ask about a year old sensor that wasn’t pairing up for me. And they just asked me for my address and shipped me via UPS a new sensor. I am impressed with that. Take care of the customer without having to jump thru a bunch of hoops.

I had issues with Arccos all weekend. I can get it going and then after a few holes it will register nothing. I also was fighting with being on the right course. I played this weekend where there are three nine hole courses. I would even double check to make sure I had the right pair I was playing. I was pretty bummed it has not been working well.

I called customer service today and he explained that the last two apple updates have caused some issues with the gps and shot tracking. He said they are pushing out the fixes by this weekend. His suggestion was to completely power down my phone right before I open the app. Hopefully they get it worked out.

Bringing up an old thread... but has anyone found a reliable solution for Stroke Lab Putters? Does this "Superstroke-Specific" Grip work? It seems to me like it interfaces with the proprietary mechanism in the butt end of the superstroke grip, so not sure if that would do anything for Stroke Lab..

Any suggestions?

Paging @wubears71 I know you may not have the Stroke Lab, but you seem to be the resident Arccos expert haha

Bringing up an old thread... but has anyone found a reliable solution for Stroke Lab Putters? Does this "Superstroke-Specific" Grip work? It seems to me like it interfaces with the proprietary mechanism in the butt end of the superstroke grip, so not sure if that would do anything for Stroke Lab..

Any suggestions?
The super stroke sensor only works with the counter balanced superstroke grips. When I use to use a grip with a weight in it, I cut off the nub on the arccos sensor and attached it to the putter with electrical tape - it looked like crap but worked.

The super stroke sensor only works with the counter balanced superstroke grips. When I use to use a grip with a weight in it, I cut off the nub on the arccos sensor and attached it to the putter with electrical tape - it looked like crap but worked.

I was hoping for a different answer, but if that is the way then that is the way haha!

I will be doing that myself I suppose. Thanks!

I was hoping for a different answer, but if that is the way then that is the way haha!

I did simmering similar but instead of using electrical tape on the side I used the gorilla brand of 2 sided tape and its held on fine and doesn't look as bad.

I cut the screw off of mine when I had a Superstroke grip. I tried various glue and tapes with different degrees of success. I finally landed on this contraption and it has worked well. I don’t like how anything I have used has looked.
image.jpg

I have the pistol grip on my Stroke Lab, so I just screwed the sensor into the back side of the grip. The sensor is offset, and I’m not super happy with it. I’ll cut it off and go with some kind of glue or double sided tape eventually.

I have used the Arccos sensors and the app since 2019. It has been great! The club data is very helpful and has brought down my handicap a few points. And Arccos' support has been great.

However, for the last few months it has become basically unusable (it may be just the app that's giving errors -- I don't know). I have emailed back and forth with Arccos many times. They just "reloaded" my club data, hoping to clear out any data glitches. Did not help.

I get several "Caddie Error" messages each round. Following the message instructions does not fix it. This is so bad that I just give up on using the app to recommend clubs (factoring in elevation, wind, etc.). Some club data has recently been obviously wrong, such as a recommendation to use my driver for a ~130 yard par 3 hole; no recommendations for the obviously correct club.

Yesterday's round had two "Caddie Error" messages and one recommendation that showed a recommended club plus *two* driver recommendations (I only have one driver).

I am now asking Arccos if I should request as full reset (throwing away all past rounds/club data and starting fresh repairing clubs) or just buy a new Arrcos sensor set and register with a new email (same effect I'd think).

Anyone else having these problems?

Without a solution I will need to give up using Arccos and lose all that great club data.

Help!

Caddie error #1.jpg Caddie error #2.jpg Caddie error #3.jpg

Looks like you are having more of a software issue than a hardware one. I assume they've already sorted out which software version you are using, and which device? I wonder if it's an issue with your phone? I haven't had this happen on my end, in fact the arcoss software seems to be one of the more stable phone software that I use.

You wouldn't need a new set of sensors to setup a new account, but your membership wouldn't transfer...

Thanks -- I agree. Re new sensors -- I guess I'm desperate. I believe I already have the latest "Gen 3+" sensors (excluding the new putter sensor).

The software/app is current (iOS keeps it that way). They know the app runs on my iPhone 11. I have restarted the phone (i.e. cleaned it up if necessary) several times in the last weeks. Nothing has helped.

For this problem Arccos said they went to my club data on their server and "renewed" it. They also said they would d update a recent course mapping, but since this happens on every course I play, I doubt course mapping is the problem. Also, cell signal is consistently good, so the app can "see" the server during the round.

I suspect an app bug but they haven't said that.

Back