Arccos 360 Review

Arccos works great, but I don’t love using my phone. That said, I am kind of used to it now. I bought the sensors in March 2019 and was hesitant because of the phone; I did it because the Link was “coming soon”

I will wait until it comes out and decide if I want to keep using the sensors and if it is worth buying the Link at that time.

Part of their problem with these delays is they are losing some of their “fans” that were spreading the word.

is there a way with the apple watch to set where the flag is to get better putting stats? That's the only place I find that the arccos stats are a little lacking for me. I know with the phone you can do it, but I'm really liking not having my phone in my pocket anymore. Thanks!

ncsuhunter;n8895059 said:
is there a way with the apple watch to set where the flag is to get better putting stats? That's the only place I find that the arccos stats are a little lacking for me. I know with the phone you can do it, but I'm really liking not having my phone in my pocket anymore. Thanks!

Not that I know of. Buddy of mine marks where the flag is on the card and then adjusts it on his phone after the round. I might do that, but at this point seems like a lot of effort and I am not all that concerned with how far away my first putts are.

mancest;n8895085 said:
Not that I know of. Buddy of mine marks where the flag is on the card and then adjusts it on his phone after the round. I might do that, but at this point seems like a lot of effort and I am not all that concerned with how far away my first putts are.

So does that mean you don't care at all about your approach stats, short game stats and putting stats? Are you only using Arccos to know your club distances?

If you don't know how far your approach shot ended up from the flag, you can't evaluate how good your approach shots are.

If you don't know how close your chip/pitch/bunker shots end up to the flag, you can't evaluate your short game.

And if you don't know how far you were putting from, number of putts tells you absolutely nothing at all about your putting.

I tried to keep up with the flag placement, but it is a pain. I will typically move it to front/middle/back to figure out how far I need to hit approach. After that, I don't usually mess with it other than checking my scorecard and correcting the score in Arccos (usually by just adding or subtracting a putt). As a result, my chipping usually looks worse than it actually is and my putting looks better than reality. It shows me chipping a lot to 15-20 feet and making a putt when I was really within 8 feet and made a putt. I mostly use Arccos for gps and club distances.

There was a feature in the launch Beta that gave you the ability to mark the flag. For some reason it was taken out of the last beta build. It was one of my favorite features. But, I think it was causing some issues with the battery drain.

no link this year

510f5f630c8adc15f88c5d95520f7065.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wubears71;n8895110 said:
There was a feature in the launch Beta that gave you the ability to mark the flag. For some reason it was taken out of the last beta build. It was one of my favorite features. But, I think it was causing some issues with the battery drain.

Speaking of battery drain, my watch barely makes it through 18 holes even in Theater mode (Apple Watch 4) and sometimes I have to transfer to the phone which seems to really throw things out of whack for some reason. Anything I can do other than put the watch in Theater mode to save on the battery drain? I cancelled my Arccos Link order because of the watch. I like having the information right there on my wrist. Thanks!

McLovin;n8897534 said:
no link this year

510f5f630c8adc15f88c5d95520f7065.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well this is a disappointment. I haven't been using Arccos for the last month or so and have missed it a little bit actually. I'm debating on canceling my link pre-order though.

jdtox;n8899074 said:
Well this is a disappointment. I haven't been using Arccos for the last month or so and have missed it a little bit actually. I'm debating on canceling my link pre-order though.

i'm pretty much in the same boat. i do appreciate their commitment to rolling out the best product. but i think for now i'll probably let everything lapse, and decide whether i want to dive back in sometime in the future.

ncsuhunter;n8899073 said:
Speaking of battery drain, my watch barely makes it through 18 holes even in Theater mode (Apple Watch 4) and sometimes I have to transfer to the phone which seems to really throw things out of whack for some reason. Anything I can do other than put the watch in Theater mode to save on the battery drain? I cancelled my Arccos Link order because of the watch. I like having the information right there on my wrist. Thanks!

It’s weird. I have a series 3 and battery drain is no issue. But I’ve heard of the issue on 4.

My last 3 rounds arccos has not registered any shots on 3-4 holes in the middle of a round on my phone. I don't use the phone and was wondering if any of you have had this issue. All it will show is 2 putts on the green and that is it any ideas?

For those who have stopped using Arccos, why? Just curious.

Doubleb21;n8899164 said:
My last 3 rounds arccos has not registered any shots on 3-4 holes in the middle of a round on my phone. I don't use the phone and was wondering if any of you have had this issue. All it will show is 2 putts on the green and that is it any ideas?

I was playing a funky track saturday and it stopped registering at least putts. So it never moved on to the next hole and showed I had 18 shots on 1 hole. I played poorly, but don't think I took more than an 8... I stopped the round and deleted it. Will see if it is any better this weekend and will report back either way.

mancest;n8899166 said:
I was playing a funky track saturday and it stopped registering at least putts. So it never moved on to the next hole and showed I had 18 shots on 1 hole. I played poorly, but don't think I took more than an 8... I stopped the round and deleted it. Will see if it is any better this weekend and will report back either way.

Thank you sir!

Doubleb21;n8899267 said:
Thank you sir!

So I tried it again on Sunday in CDA, had a bunch of shots not pick up again... so I quit it and deleted the round. Then Monday played at gamble sands and again had a bunch of shots not pick up. Was using my watch both rounds.... Was better monday, but had me at a 70 when I really shot 83. One was a wedge where I barely got out of a bunker, a few putts (had some gimmes that I am sure I didn't set up for), but more concerning was the fact that I had at least 2 drivers missed and a couple of shots with hybrid/fairway woods.

Good news was the watch made it all the way through the round (4 hour round) but if it is missing that many shots it is legit concerning for me.

mancest;n8906613 said:
So I tried it again on Sunday in CDA, had a bunch of shots not pick up again... so I quit it and deleted the round. Then Monday played at gamble sands and again had a bunch of shots not pick up. Was using my watch both rounds.... Was better monday, but had me at a 70 when I really shot 83. One was a wedge where I barely got out of a bunker, a few putts (had some gimmes that I am sure I didn't set up for), but more concerning was the fact that I had at least 2 drivers missed and a couple of shots with hybrid/fairway woods.

Good news was the watch made it all the way through the round (4 hour round) but if it is missing that many shots it is legit concerning for me.

I am having the same issue of missing a lot of shots and holes completely still. Super annoying for sure. I am using my phone and didn't have many issues till about two weeks ago.

mancest;n8906613 said:

Doubleb21;n8906645 said:
I am having the same issue of missing a lot of shots and holes completely still. Super annoying for sure. I am using my phone and didn't have many issues till about two weeks ago.

I've stopped using the system for this reason. I'm going to unpair and re-pair the sensors this weekend and see if performance is any better on Sunday.

mancest;n8906613 said:

I would have won the Budget Championship if I would have used my Arccos scores! I am considering taking the sensors off because I think they are becoming a distraction. When I don't pay attention to them during the round, it seems my stats are getting unusable. I have to look at my phone on nearly every tee box to make sure the previous hole was correct and it is starting to get on my nerves. I feel like they are not working as well as before lately and I am not sure why.

oumagic;n8906675 said:
I would have won the Budget Championship if I would have used my Arccos scores! I am considering taking the sensors off because I think they are becoming a distraction. When I don't pay attention to them during the round, it seems my stats are getting unusable. I have to look at my phone on nearly every tee box to make sure the previous hole was correct and it is starting to get on my nerves. I feel like they are not working as well as before lately and I am not sure why.

My guess is it is the latest update where it seems like they are trying to limit the amount of battery used during a round. I wonder if that is impacting how the shots are picked up. I am sure there is some give and take there, but after not having any issues (besides the occ putt/chip) with shots being picked up, having 3 pretty low percentage pick ups in a week is a big step backwards.

I am going to send something to their CS so at least they know there is an issue.

mancest;n8906685 said:
My guess is it is the latest update where it seems like they are trying to limit the amount of battery used during a round. I wonder if that is impacting how the shots are picked up. I am sure there is some give and take there, but after not having any issues (besides the occ putt/chip) with shots being picked up, having 3 pretty low percentage pick ups in a week is a big step backwards.

I am going to send something to their CS so at least they know there is an issue.

Arccos got back to me, asked me to uninstall and then reinstall the app on my watch. Will give it a go Saturday and report back.

Played today with the Apple Watch. I played the entire round and it did not miss a single shot and I still have 41% battery on the watch and 80% on my iPhone.

Make sure you keep the microphone clean of debris.

I just had my 2nd sensor come apart on the range. I know they will mail me another but i think the grips are the way to go. i am going to re-do the app also and try that.

Doubleb21;n8906916 said:
I just had my 2nd sensor come apart on the range. I know they will mail me another but i think the grips are the way to go. i am going to re-do the app also and try that.

Keep in mind that the first year of arccos caddie are included in the grips and then it’s $99/year after that. Electrical tape is the trick to keep the sensors attached.

I've stopped using the system for this reason. I'm going to unpair and re-pair the sensors this weekend and see if performance is any better on Sunday.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my watch and phone.

Today, the system recorded 5 holes on mostly correct. I had to add a few shots but it caught most of them. Then somehow, someway, it went haywire. It stuck on hole 6. It recorded a bunch of shorts on 6 but nothing else. I didn’t look at the watch or phone for a bit. Nothing registered on the back. The phone would show the correct hole. GPS worked on the phone. But no shots were recorded. The watch was useless. It kept showing me yardage in relation to the 6th green.

Very disappointing.

Back