Arccos Caddie 2.0

I used Arccos today and it worked really well. The updates are so much better. I find it great when testing new clubs/balls, etc. Not sure If I will be adding the external sensors this year though, not a fan of those

Just don't like the extra bit on the end of the grip, or something else?

Just don't like the extra bit on the end of the grip, or something else?
Nope. I don't like them and to me they change the feel of my clubs when in there. Makes everything feel longer and lighter. I know its probably just me but I'm not a fan

twisting to re-tighten the sensors has become part of my pre-shot routine.

Nope. I don't like them and to me they change the feel of my clubs when in there. Makes everything feel longer and lighter. I know its probably just me but I'm not a fan

Fair enough, I figured that was what it was, honestly as you know with golf being so mental I can 100% see that if it bothers you it would be a no go, even if it was "just you"

twisting to re-tighten the sensors has become part of my pre-shot routine.
I got so used to screw in sensors that I have found myself pre-shot reaching to tighten a sensor even when the club had no sensor, LOL.

To me, the Arccos experience is exponentially better when the sensors are embedded into the grip.

I got so used to screw in sensors that I have found myself pre-shot reaching to tighten a sensor even when the club had no sensor, LOL.
I super glued them on when I tried JumboMax grips for a time.

Also, they are rather resilient. I lost one at the range. I found it unharmed a few days later.

To me, the Arccos experience is exponentially better when the sensors are embedded into the grip.
Agreed. But I’m also kind of looking forward to going to just standard grips or grips I prefer

I used Arccos today and it worked really well. The updates are so much better. I find it great when testing new clubs/balls, etc. Not sure If I will be adding the external sensors this year though, not a fan of those

whats the biggest part of the update?

whats the biggest part of the update?
Probably stuff I haven’t noticed before haha. Round notes, ball used. The updated the whole interface. Mind you it’s new to me I haven’t opened it in 6 months so it may not be actually new.

Also random but fun fact I don’t have a sensor on my driver yet it was acting as if I did. Not sure why or how haha but I’m ok with it.

I'd love to update my app, but they removed backwards compatibility with certain older versions of android in the last few months.

I’m still using mine and will until after this season when I regrip and use Shotscope. It’s really opened my eyes to some things data wise. The Link struggles in the mountains here but on some courses it’s perfect.

I just switched from the In the grip sensors to the Screw on ones and I really can't tell a difference.
I did switch irons also so maybe that makes a difference but I haven't thought once about the different sensors.

Just got my free sensors today. Everything installed/paired pretty easily and I don't think the sensors will trouble me.

I'll be playing with my phone in my pocket. It's a big Pixel 6 pro which isn't ideal but I figure I need to test this system before committing to the link.

The only thing I'm dreading is the loss of any kind of interface on smart watches. So presumably I'll be using my Garmin watch with the Garmin GPS in play. Then using Arccos to track my shots. And then hopefully at some point the caddie gets useful enough for me to want to take my phone out of my pocket and get insights.

Is that a fair appraisal of how this works?

Tried them once and they'll be coming straight off the clubs.

Tracked nearly all of my shots. But that's not much use when it thinks I putted 100 metres to the next tee and then played back straight to the hole with my driver. Which means the hole I'm on is wrong, along with the one afterwards.

95% of shots captured but 100% of the holes incorrect.

It's a horrible app to edit when you've got wholesale changes to make. I got 9 holes in and gave up.

I'll go back to manually entering into My Taylormade OnCourse. Takes less time and is more accurate.

Even with free sensors and a 45 day free trial this isn't worth it. And with an experience that bad you don't get a second chance.

Anyone in Melbourne want the 14 sensors?

Back