Arccos for Android

So with this system, does your phone need to be in your pocket...or how does that work?

So with this system, does your phone need to be in your pocket...or how does that work?
It does.. They recommend that the phone be as close to the club as possible when you hit.

Hmmm....interesting. Back pocket then? Does it use a lot of data or power from your phone?

It does.. They recommend that the phone be as close to the club as possible when you hit.

Hmmm....interesting. Back pocket then? Does it use a lot of data or power from your phone?
I have kept it my front pocket and so far it has been a distraction.

Data has not been an issue, but battery life appears to be. I am finding that I need to charge my phone immediately after a round. That also could very well be related to my phone being 2 years old. I am curious to see how the app works on a newer phone.

I tend to walk and keep my phone in the storage compartment of my Clicgear...so it's 2-3 feet from me for the most part...except on the tee. Not sure I like the thought
of keeping it in my pocket the whole time.

I have kept it my front pocket and so far it has been a distraction.

Data has not been an issue, but battery life appears to be. I am finding that I need to charge my phone immediately after a round. That also could very well be related to my phone being 2 years old. I am curious to see how the app works on a newer phone.

They recommend close...but I've left it in the golf cart 15-20 feet away and it's picked up shots.
I have a Note 5 and had a heck b of a time with crashes due to the build for the phone. They remedied it quickly and runs really well now. I run Swing-by Swing and this at the as me time and have about 50% battery left. Even ran both and had music going but too many blue tooth devices was causing issues so I dropped music on the back 9. Still had 40% left.

Going to give the new build a workout tomorrow

Thanks for the updates guys. Looking forward to more.

The new build caused my arccos to crash after the front 9 today and i couldnt get it working at all for the back 9. Seems like the previous build was more stable, (never had it crash during a round).

For the questions above about "where you have to keep the phone", I normally walk with a Click Gear. And I leave the phone in the storage compartment of the push cart. I opt to not use the putter sensor, as I find it pretty uselessn and its easier to just add the puts after each hole.

The new build caused my arccos to crash after the front 9 today and i couldnt get it working at all for the back 9. Seems like the previous build was more stable, (never had it crash during a round).

For the questions above about "where you have to keep the phone", I normally walk with a Click Gear. And I leave the phone in the storage compartment of the push cart. I opt to not use the putter sensor, as I find it pretty uselessn and its easier to just add the puts after each hole.
They did release an update today and I am wondering that is why it crashed for you. Early on they did an update and the app wouldn't work during a round for me.

I got home, updated the app and everything worked fine.

Ordered this for android today!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Email from arccos advertised a May 1st release but I haven't seen anything yet.

Email from arccos advertised a May 1st release but I haven't seen anything yet.

Its in google play store right now...live!

Playing Driver on Android and it's much, much improved. Come a long way.

Went live but said their still may be a few bugs. Latest build has been flawless for me one round. They still asked if we wanted to stay on as testing it or throw ideas for the future. They came a long way in a short time and were great at addressing issues. I like it.

alright just picked it up and downloaded the android software. hopefully first round will be monday if the kids are no longer sick.

Anyone else comming over from the IOS version notice how much darker and smaller looking the maps are on Android? It makes it very difficult to see the hole maps when out in the sun. I wonder If there is a way they can take the IOS maps and put them on the android system.

Looking forward to hearing your results!

For those still on the fence about his system, they are running a $50 off promo right now

played my first round with arccos for android today. probably will just echo a lot of things prior arccos users have said. first it's just a pretty cool thing that you don't have to worry about tags or anything during the round. you just play but keep your phone in your pocket. my note 4 lost about 50% battery during a 3.5 hr round though. after my round i found lots of extra shots that i had to remove. not sure if it was the way i carried my wedges and putter, but every 3 holes or so an extra wedge or so would pick up somewhere near the green. also a few shots were actually tagged with the wrong club (3h instead of 3w, 3w instead of driver) which i thought was very strange. i'm still trying to figure out how to add a penalty to a shot when i hit it into the water. the app seems to crash every time i try to close it but otherwise works fairly well without any obvious bugs otherwise. it's a work in progress for sure, but it's nice to have some info and feedback on my game i can review later. pretty cool.

played my first round with arccos for android today. probably will just echo a lot of things prior arccos users have said. first it's just a pretty cool thing that you don't have to worry about tags or anything during the round. you just play but keep your phone in your pocket. my note 4 lost about 50% battery during a 3.5 hr round though. after my round i found lots of extra shots that i had to remove. not sure if it was the way i carried my wedges and putter, but every 3 holes or so an extra wedge or so would pick up somewhere near the green. also a few shots were actually tagged with the wrong club (3h instead of 3w, 3w instead of driver) which i thought was very strange. i'm still trying to figure out how to add a penalty to a shot when i hit it into the water. the app seems to crash every time i try to close it but otherwise works fairly well without any obvious bugs otherwise. it's a work in progress for sure, but it's nice to have some info and feedback on my game i can review later. pretty cool.

I have been using Arccos for the past year and a half, just a few tips. If your walking its fine to leave the phone in your push cart or bag, it just needs to be a few yards away to pick up the shot. Also after each hole I like to just check that everything recorded and its very easy to ad, or delete puts, or possible false wedge shots, if you were carrying a bunch of clubs. If you are in a cart and are carrying a few different clubs or wedges make sure to carry them upside down (sensors pointing towards the ground) this way you wont record any phantom shots. If you are finding its registering shots with the wrong clubs, try pairing all your clubs again, it only takes a minute, you may have them paired wrong.

Easiest way to get the correct data is just review the hole after your done playing it, while your going to the next hole. Its super easy to fix any errors. Also to add a penalty, you just click "edit" then click on the club you went OB with and there will be a "penalty" button on bottom of screen.

played a second round today. some bug in the software said it downloaded the map, but when i got to the course, all that was there was blank black screens for every hole. that was badness. not so many errant picked up shots today, however the putter stopped registering at about hole 15. so two very serious bugs there that still have to be worked out. i had to reinstall the entire application to be able to re-download the map and have it come up correctly. not sure why the putter sensor is not working yet, could be a battery issue.

anyway when i was editing my round afterwards, i noticed that sand shots were not registering in the sand, but rough instead, artificially inflating my chipping handicap because i never got up and down. the results will always be incorrect if the data is incorrect. if i relied on the automatic interpretation, i would be a beautiful sand player and and awful chipper somehow.

last thing, the location of the flag is nearly always wrong. whatever algorithm they use to determine where the flag is just doesn't work, so the 'approach distance' is pretty far off. i have to try to edit flag location for 18 holes so it takes some time. will use it for a few more rounds and see whether the info gathered is worth the trouble after the round.

played a second round today. some bug in the software said it downloaded the map, but when i got to the course, all that was there was blank black screens for every hole. that was badness. not so many errant picked up shots today, however the putter stopped registering at about hole 15. so two very serious bugs there that still have to be worked out. i had to reinstall the entire application to be able to re-download the map and have it come up correctly. not sure why the putter sensor is not working yet, could be a battery issue.

anyway when i was editing my round afterwards, i noticed that sand shots were not registering in the sand, but rough instead, artificially inflating my chipping handicap because i never got up and down. the results will always be incorrect if the data is incorrect. if i relied on the automatic interpretation, i would be a beautiful sand player and and awful chipper somehow.

last thing, the location of the flag is nearly always wrong. whatever algorithm they use to determine where the flag is just doesn't work, so the 'approach distance' is pretty far off. i have to try to edit flag location for 18 holes so it takes some time. will use it for a few more rounds and see whether the info gathered is worth the trouble after the round.

Do you keep the phone in your pocket, or in your bag/cart. If it isnt in your pocket when making the bunker shots it will show that you are outside the bunker or wherever the phone is at the time of the shot. The phone is the gps location so when your club sensor is triggered it will log the phones location for the shot. This may also be the issue your having with the flag locations.

Do you keep the phone in your pocket, or in your bag/cart. If it isnt in your pocket when making the bunker shots it will show that you are outside the bunker or wherever the phone is at the time of the shot. The phone is the gps location so when your club sensor is triggered it will log the phones location for the shot. This may also be the issue your having with the flag locations.

always in my pocket. on the gps it will show the shot was hit from the bunker, but 90% of the time it classifies it as 'rough' and i have to manually change it to 'sand.'

Arccos seems like a great technology for stat tracking and reviewing a round. I have an Samsung Note (android phone) so I have been waiting for the patiently waiting for version to come out. After reading this thread I don't think I can handle carrying my note in my pocket during my golf swing...it's too big a phone for that. I guess I could lay it down next to me, but then it opens up the opportunity for losing it :{

Back