Arccos In-Play Issues with Link

I gave up and moved on, just don’t have the time and patience for technology that is not working consistently.

Welp my Link has crapped out on me the last two rounds. Won’t register a single shot. Reaching out to Arccos to see what’s going on.
I’ll be curious the response.

Welp my Link has crapped out on me the last two rounds. Won’t register a single shot. Reaching out to Arccos to see what’s going on.
Mines has been having issues as well. Checked to see if the sensors are working - they register... Made sure that the link is open to the sky.... still not registering multiple shots. Be interesting to hear a response.

I’ll be curious the response.
As am I. I got it from a THPer so there’s no warranty. They don’t realize it, but if they can’t help me resolve it I’m moving on to Shot Scope. I’ve had Arccos about 18 months and I’ve had to replace half the sensors already. I’m within the initial 2 year warranty so they’ve replaced them all, but once that warranty period is over… sheesh!

Mines has been having issues as well. Checked to see if the sensors are working - they register... Made sure that the link is open to the sky.... still not registering multiple shots. Be interesting to hear a response.
Yup I ran the Link diagnostics and it just isn’t picking up any clubs.

Following as well. I’d really like to try my Apple Watch again and I expect switching back to phone would be a similar process…
I’m new to using Arccos with my Apple Watch. I do find that my watch runs out of battery quickly when I am playing a round. It’s a newer Apple Watch and I am wondering if I am missing something with it.

Yup I ran the Link diagnostics and it just isn’t picking up any clubs.

Same here - Everything seems to be working fine, but it doesn't recognize any of my clubs. Shot detection appears to be working, but then I have to tell it which club I hit 🙄

Wow, with so many having a consistent issue, seems it must have been a system outage of some sort. I didn't have any issue when I played on Saturday on my end.

Last year, the first Link I had was having the same issues as described where it just would not register a shot from a club. They replaced it for me.

Wow, with so many having a consistent issue, seems it must have been a system outage of some sort. I didn't have any issue when I played on Saturday on my end.

Last year, the first Link I had was having the same issues as described where it just would not register a shot from a club. They replaced it for me.

This is really the first big issue I've had with the system. Honestly, my phone in my pocket has been more accurate than using the link anyway so I may just go back to that until I upgrade my apple watch to a new version that can last 18 holes.

I've had the system a little over a year. They've had to replace a few sensors because the batteries died, but everything else has worked pretty smooth. My link is probably just past the one year warranty - so kind of hope they are able to sort it out because I don't want to buy another right now.

This is really the first big issue I've had with the system. Honestly, my phone in my pocket has been more accurate than using the link anyway so I may just go back to that until I upgrade my apple watch to a new version that can last 18 holes.

I've had the system a little over a year. They've had to replace a few sensors because the batteries died, but everything else has worked pretty smooth. My link is probably just past the one year warranty - so kind of hope they are able to sort it out because I don't want to buy another right now.

I’m new to using Arccos with my Apple Watch. I do find that my watch runs out of battery quickly when I am playing a round. It’s a newer Apple Watch and I am wondering if I am missing something with it.

When I first started using Arccos a few years back I tried with the watch and it could barely last through the round. I gave up on using that thinking it was likely my Series 3 and then 4 watches that couldn't last battery wise. Doesn't seem like that has improved on that end.

I enjoy music on the course too much so I NEED my Link to work. :)

When the Link starts giving me issues, ShotScope is looking really nice given the feedback on the threads for it.

That was my biggest complaint too - my watch battery just died way too quickly! Mind you, my watch is getting up there in age…

I find myself using the phone way more than the link as the link misses shots way too often. I'm constantly having to add missed shots with the link

Having issues with my Caddie. Wrote to Arrcos support and we corresponded back and forth, ran some diagnostics, etc. Still eventually came back with "make sure it's on your leading side, clear view of the sky, etc., etc.", I'm losing confidence but I would REALLY like to "like" it, but it's becoming frustrating.

I am so over Arccos. What frustrates me is that I have been a user since 2014 and it used to work so well. Then they kept adding features that sometimes worked and sometimes didn’t. I can’t get through a single round without something going wrong. Unfortunately, they didn’t follow the kiss principal but I can see how they couldn’t because their business model may not have been sustainable without some sort of subscription service. Unfortunately they have to add a bunch of cool features to make the subscription service feel worthwhile.

Arccos was so promising and now it’s just a disappointment.

I find myself using the phone way more than the link as the link misses shots way too often. I'm constantly having to add missed shots with the link
I’ve had my taste of music and audio GPS on the course with my Bushnell Wingman and now I can’t go back to the phone shot detection 😆 so I hope they have a solution to the Link issues for me!

When I first started using Arccos a few years back I tried with the watch and it could barely last through the round. I gave up on using that thinking it was likely my Series 3 and then 4 watches that couldn't last battery wise. Doesn't seem like that has improved on that end.

I enjoy music on the course too much so I NEED my Link to work. :)

When the Link starts giving me issues, ShotScope is looking really nice given the feedback on the threads for it.
I have never tried Link, but I might give it a try if I continue to have issues with my battery on my Apple Watch.

I’ve had my taste of music and audio GPS on the course with my Bushnell Wingman and now I can’t go back to the phone shot detection 😆 so I hope they have a solution to the Link issues for me!
I made a leather strap that the link can rest lower and be unobstructed and it works better but still not perfect. They ran me through a bunch of diagnostics and eventually told me it was working the way it was supposed to and maybe the satellite signal of the course wasn't great. 🤷‍♂️

I made a leather strap that the link can rest lower and be unobstructed and it works better but still not perfect. They ran me through a bunch of diagnostics and eventually told me it was working the way it was supposed to and maybe the satellite signal of the course wasn't great. 🤷‍♂️
Oooooh if I get that response, they’ll be getting a screenshot of my shot scope order 😆

As am I. I got it from a THPer so there’s no warranty. They don’t realize it, but if they can’t help me resolve it I’m moving on to Shot Scope. I’ve had Arccos about 18 months and I’ve had to replace half the sensors already. I’m within the initial 2 year warranty so they’ve replaced them all, but once that warranty period is over… sheesh!
As much as I play, the sensors potentially going bad was one of the reasons I went another route. I'm curious. I assume they go replaced one at a time. What did you do for sensing while waiting for the replacement? Did you have extras?

As much as I play, the sensors potentially going bad was one of the reasons I went another route. I'm curious. I assume they go replaced one at a time. What did you do for sensing while waiting for the replacement? Did you have extras?
I’m primarily a weekend player. Customer service has been excellent. 5/6 times I’ve sent an email on Sunday or Monday and had a replacement by the end of the week.

I’m primarily a weekend player. Customer service has been excellent. 5/6 times I’ve sent an email on Sunday or Monday and had a replacement by the end of the week.
Being retired and playing every weekday, weather and doctor appointments permitting, that wouldn't work for me.

Oooooh if I get that response, they’ll be getting a screenshot of my shot scope order 😆
The sad thing is that the experience using a phone in my pocket was really good. But with the link (which was delayed a year) I've heard a ton of bad experiences. Seems like it might not be ready for prime time.

Being retired and playing every weekday, weather and doctor appointments permitting, that wouldn't work for me.
I’ve never asked for an extra replacement sensor, but I wouldn’t be shocked if they would send one. It’s not that troublesome to add the shot if I know the sensor is dead. I typically don’t need to add a single shot during the round outside of penalties and the occasional putt, which is the main reason I’ve been hesitant to switch.

Keep in mind that while you have an active subscription, you get a pretty decent discount on extra sensors, new sensors, grips, etc. If being down is a deal breaker, having a couple extra sensors around would cost less than $20.

Also, to save a few bucks, they do a promotion on the gift cards for subscriptions a few times a year.

Just got an email that they have released the Gen 3 sensors... I wonder if they borked something in their software regarding the Gen 2 sensors.

Back