Arccos membership

Turbodog384

Reaction score
This might be known to most, but I wanted to post a heads up that apparently Arccos membership is an autorenewal with no warning or email that it's about to happen. I was not aware of this and saw a $155 charge on my credit card last night for renewal. The autorenewal is not necessarily a deal breaker for me, but I would have like to have known it was going to happen and maybe weigh my options. However, I also didn't realize that the service was now $155 a year and that IS quite possibly a deal breaker for me. It has a ton of great stats and info and for some people that's probably very useful. I'm not sure that it is for my game at that price point. I'll be weighing my options out this next year for sure.

Wow. Did they raise it again? I quit them last time there was a price hike. ShotScope and haven’t looked back.

Yeah I sent an email not to auto renew and they cut my service 2 weeks early.

Yeah I sent an email not to auto renew and they cut my service 2 weeks early.
Yup also important to note when you decline auto renewal they cut the service and do not prorate your subscription.

Good to know. I told them to stop autorenewal. I'm going to go ahead and use it this year, but not sure about the next. I suspect some of my sensors will probably be going bad by then.

Wow. Did they raise it again? I quit them last time there was a price hike. ShotScope and haven’t looked back.

I was wondering if the price went up. I don't remember it being quite that much when I got them last December. Or maybe it was? Either way, $155 has me thinking about jumping to Shot Scope as well.

I was wondering if the price went up. I don't remember it being quite that much when I got them last December. Or maybe it was? Either way, $155 has me thinking about jumping to Shot Scope as well.
It is on sale and the Budget Golf coupon works.

They jumped it early summer I believe. High enough I went to shotscope. Not sure it is markedly better in my experience, pros and cons to each, but moving away from a subscription model was the differentiator for me

It is on sale and the Budget Golf coupon works.

Now that really has me thinking. Basically for an extra $100 over the Arccos subscription, I can get the rangefinder, gps, and shot tracking. And no subscription. :unsure:

They jumped it early summer I believe. High enough I went to shotscope. Not sure it is markedly better in my experience, pros and cons to each, but moving away from a subscription model was the differentiator for me

Anything in particular that really jumps out to you between the two? I like tracking my club distances and I like the maps that Arccos has when reviewing a round.

Man it’s not close. Get the device for the same price and no sub at all. Plus the awesome service that goes along with it.

I mean those data experience breakdowns were amazing

Anything in particular that really jumps out to you between the two? I like tracking my club distances and I like the maps that Arccos has when reviewing a round.
Arccos is way better in-round in terms of providing club recommendations, overhead view, and all that. HOWEVER, Shot Scope allows you to be completely phone free if you want and you can use a different app for overhead looks. After the round, the data analysis is comparable.

Man it’s not close. Get the device for the same price and no sub at all. Plus the awesome service that goes along with it.

Not even the same cost anymore, Shot Scope is less expensive currently! I was an arccos user and really liked the app while in play but the recording of shots were less than consistent and therefore I constantly was getting out of just playing. Unfortunately it's the end of the season here in the midwest but I'll be going shotscope for next season. When Arccos went up to $155 autorenewal last year I cancelled immediately.

Oh wow. Didn't realize the subscription had jumped up that much. :eek:

I’m still on the no subscription sensors and they are stating to die. I cannot decide if I want to stick with Arccos or go another direction.

The subscription jump has me contemplating a change... but my current sub runs through to spring time. Last year I was able to get a subscription gift card 20% off for Arccoss during their black friday sale, that helps and may keep me using it for one more year. I like having all my data in one place, and use the features of the app quite a bit. I don't have many shot misses, maybe 1-2 a round so that's not a factor (all the tracking systems seem to miss some). I also like that I can use my apple watch, don't need to use anything else.

I like having my watch tell me yardages, and I use it to keep score, but I have noticed for me that I think all of it is just a big distraction out on the course. I bought a range finder a few months ago on sale, and I think it's far less of a hassle. I'm thinking for me that simplicity keeps my focus where it needs to be shot to shot.

Since they auto renewed me, I'll use Arccos until it runs out next Sept. After that we'll see.

If distance tracking and mapping after the round are key you will be happy with Shotscope.

The biggest difference is Shotscope gives the distances to the greens and hazards on the wrist or device whereas Arccos has the map up on the phone during the round. It was an adjustment, but did find I enjoyed not pulling out my phone to look to get a distance once I got used to it.

They really were amazing and eye opening. I'm using my FIL's Shot Scope rangefinder right now and I love it. I'm going to have to give it back though, so I was already looking at getting a rangefinder. The Shot Scope Pro LX+ with GPS and shot tracking would be perfect. Only $254 for all of that on Budget Golf with the THP coupon and now I'm thinking real hard about it. lol

Arccos is way better in-round in terms of providing club recommendations, overhead view, and all that. HOWEVER, Shot Scope allows you to be completely phone free if you want and you can use a different app for overhead looks. After the round, the data analysis is comparable.

I like the overhead views, but I don't really look at them in-round. I typically look over everything at the end of the round to check stats and maybe go look to see what the yardage was on my best drive or something. I do more post round analysis than using it in-round. Phone pretty much stays in my pocket, but I would rather leave it in the cart.

If distance tracking and mapping after the round are key you will be happy with Shotscope.

The biggest difference is Shotscope gives the distances to the greens and hazards on the wrist or device whereas Arccos has the map up on the phone during the round. It was an adjustment, but did find I enjoyed not pulling out my phone to look to get a distance once I got used to it.

Yeah, I keep my phone in my pocket right now, but would prefer to leave it in the cart. I like the idea of being able to laser a flag, but also have gps yardages for hazards and such as well. I also have a SkyCaddie that I was using for that until recently.

I just like being able to go back and look at the map and see where and what I was hitting on a particular hole. It's also nice to be able to look back at a round where maybe I only hit 4 of 14 fairways, but see that all of my misses were just barely in the rough versus in the trees. I just like having that visual data as well and it sounds like Shot Scope does a pretty good job of that too.

I like the overhead views, but I don't really look at them in-round. I typically look over everything at the end of the round to check stats and maybe go look to see what the yardage was on my best drive or something. I do more post round analysis than using it in-round. Phone pretty much stays in my pocket, but I would rather leave it in the cart.

Yeah, I keep my phone in my pocket right now, but would prefer to leave it in the cart. I like the idea of being able to laser a flag, but also have gps yardages for hazards and such as well. I also have a SkyCaddie that I was using for that until recently.

I just like being able to go back and look at the map and see where and what I was hitting on a particular hole. It's also nice to be able to look back at a round where maybe I only hit 4 of 14 fairways, but see that all of my misses were just barely in the rough versus in the trees. I just like having that visual data as well and it sounds like Shot Scope does a pretty good job of that too.
yep, it sounds like from what you like and are looking for you won't lose much in the switch if that's where it goes. It's helped me play more towards back yardages to get my GIRs up.

yep, AND if you want to cancel you need to provide the last 4 numbers for the CC you used to buy it....a year ago

Wow, I've used Arccos for many years (am pre-sub now) and absolutely love it but I'm not going to yet another subscription model, especially one that expensive. At the rate I play that's adding $5 to $10 a round. If they wanted maybe $29 a year or something like that I'd be tempted but I'm already tired of being nickeled and dimed to death by every random company that wants to latch onto my financial teat.

Back