Do we have any archers here? I have been shooting for a few years. I will start competing this year.

I shoot a PSE Mach 8 at 70 lbs of pull. 100 grain tips with blazer vanes.

PSE man! That's what I like to hear. I love my PSE, they are solid bows! I'm shooting a G5 Smoke as of now, because my brother just couldn't get the feel for it. I haven't got the chance to hunt as much as I would have liked the past few years due to clinicals and school, but hopefully that will change this fall!

I just tied a D-Loop for the first time in my life. I am gonna shoot today, so I may end up with a fat lip.

I just tied a D-Loop for the first time in my life. I am gonna shoot today, so I may end up with a fat lip.

I have never shot with anything but. Had a release and a D loop all my life. I love them, and just got my dad to switch to one. They're the best, You'll see!

I have never shot with anything but. Had a release and a D loop all my life. I love them, and just got my dad to switch to one. They're the best, You'll see!

I have always used one, this is just my first time tying one. I didn't feel like paying a guy to do it.

I haven't picked one up in about 10 years, but I used to bowhunt. Never shot any competitive targets though. My last rig is still in a hardcase at my mom's in Wisconsin. It's a Jennings, but don't remember the model. Beman Carbon Hunter arrows with (I think) 100 grain heads. Don't remember which broadheads I was using, but probably something from Rocky Mountain since I'd always favored them. I was always a finger shooter though, no releases. My one nod to traditional shooting, since I'd started out with a recurve.

I don't do a lot of completitive shoots but really like shooting 3d with my friends. Great practice for the real thing come fall and fun to get out with friends. I pretty much do all of my own work on my bow and arrows.

I have always used one, this is just my first time tying one. I didn't feel like paying a guy to do it.

What did you use to cinch it in? I like to coat the loop with wax first. This seems to help it get cinched in tighter and does not rotate around the string.

I don't do a lot of completitive shoots but really like shooting 3d with my friends. Great practice for the real thing come fall and fun to get out with friends. I pretty much do all of my own work on my bow and arrows.

What did you use to cinch it in? I like to coat the loop with wax first. This seems to help it get cinched in tighter and does not rotate around the string.

I just melted the ends and tied it. Working well so far.

I almost bought a compound yesterday, and still might go out and get one after work. I haven't shot in years (decades). I have a recurve my grandfather left me and a lot of accessories so am contemplating just taking that in to make sure it isn't warped and practice with that before buying a compound.

I'm not really sure where to even start with the compound and what I need.

I enjoy barebow recurve and longbow, no sights or stabilisers. I like 3D shoots and mixing up my targets like a trail shoot, rather than chasing 10s on a scoring face. I'm not into hunting, I just like hitting targets :)

Geez I went to shoot a bow once that was a very expensive one of my buddies and he was a lot larger then me and I could not even pull that sucker back and ended up snapping something and breaking it. he laughed at first until he found out how much it cost to fix but I did not have to pay up as I did not want to shoot it in the first place and he all but force me to....I warned him I didn't know what in the world I was doing. Haha

I used to shoot nationally in the FS compound divisions. Last year was when I really slowed down and started playing a lot more golf. I am a Hoyt guy, still shooting an ultra elite at 60lbs. I shoot 5 spot, vegas, field and some fita. I do miss it and will go to some indoor rounds soon.

I started archery at university back in the 90s and shot until 2004. Watching the archery live at the Olympics got me into it again and I rejoined my old club back in September - was nice meeting up with guys I shot with 8 years ago.

I'm assuming most of you guys are compound shooters? I shoot recurve, a Hoyt Matrix from 2004 with G3 limbs and Easton ACC arrows. I'm currently holding 40 lbs draw weight at full draw, but hoping to get that back up to the 44 lbs that I used to shoot to help with 100 yds once we get back outdoors.

Back