Are dress codes good for the game?

lucky ladies with your height, I bet you never have to get anything hemmed? I have almost never bought a pair of pants that didn't have to be hemmed, and forget about skirts, everything ends up a few inches past my knees, and capris are almost full length pants on me.

I don't have to hem anything, no...I just can't wear anything, either! I'd love if they'd just make them long so you could cut them and hem them to your size, but they never do.

Thank goodness for the high boot trend, I can tuck in my short pants and call it a day. (Just gotta watch out if your friends ask you to take off your boots coming into their house!)

lucky ladies with your height, I bet you never have to get anything hemmed? I have almost never bought a pair of pants that didn't have to be hemmed, and forget about skirts, everything ends up a few inches past my knees, and capris are almost full length pants on me.

Sounds like my wife. Even the "short" size from some designers in pants are too long on her. I keep telling her she just needs to buy longer legs. It would make shopping eaiser on her and me.

Sounds like my wife. Even the "short" size from some designers in pants are too long on her. I keep telling her she just needs to buy longer legs. It would make shopping eaiser on her and me.

A corallary to the theory that I don't need to lose weight, I just need to grow an inch or two? Seriously, I'm so short waisted--13 inches from waist to that bone at the back of my neck--that another inch or two would help. All legs here.

A corallary to the theory that I don't need to lose weight, I just need to grow an inch or two? Seriously, I'm so short waisted--13 inches from waist to that bone at the back of my neck--that another inch or two would help. All legs here.

I've never measured that spot...I pulled out my measuring tape and set it to 13" to see how we stacked up...dang woman, that's a short waist! I was 17.5". I've got 3" in height on you...close, but you still out-shorted me.

We're gonna get in trouble for being off topic...

Actually, reading back, this one has a few culprits, none of them girls!

Of course it's always the boys fault isn't it?

Dress codes are needed to a certain extent. When you have to warn someone that a knife is sharp or coffee is hot, some people need to be told where the line is drawn. How strict of a dress code depends on where you are playing.

Of course it's always the boys fault isn't it?

Dress codes are needed to a certain extent. When you have to warn someone that a knife is sharp or coffee is hot, some people need to be told where the line is drawn. How strict of a dress code depends on where you are playing.

Right. You can still wear jeans and tees at out pitch n putt - if you want to golf but not deal with the country club rules, then you're more than welcome to go there. Full day for 20 bucks.

(There are lots of trees around, so it keeps everyone hidden!)

Right. You can still wear jeans and tees at out pitch n putt - if you want to golf but not deal with the country club rules, then you're more than welcome to go there. Full day for 20 bucks.

(There are lots of trees around, so it keeps everyone hidden!)

The muni I play at the most doesn't have a dress code. I'm sure as long as all the proper parts of anatomy are covered then you are good. I've seen all different clothing styles out there. At Cooks Creek (my new favorite place) they say no denim and a collard shirt. You will be required to purchase something in the pro shop or asked to leave.

Price difference of about $30 between the two.

I've never measured that spot...I pulled out my measuring tape and set it to 13" to see how we stacked up...dang woman, that's a short waist! I was 17.5". I've got 3" in height on you...close, but you still out-shorted me.

We're gonna get in trouble for being off topic...

It's a good thing most golf clothes are separates!

Separates=top and bottom are two different pieces. Unless you want to play in one of JB's shiny silver unitards from the 1970s? (That was JB who brought them up, wasn't it? I'm too lazy to search.)

It sure was Claire. How did you know that is what I was wearing right now.

The muni I play at the most doesn't have a dress code. I'm sure as long as all the proper parts of anatomy are covered then you are good. I've seen all different clothing styles out there. At Cooks Creek (my new favorite place) they say no denim and a collard shirt. You will be required to purchase something in the pro shop or asked to leave.

Price difference of about $30 between the two.

Funny, first time I read it, I thought it was $30 difference between leaving and buying a new shirt. HAHA - that would prob work too!

Separates=top and bottom are two different pieces. Unless you want to play in one of JB's shiny silver unitards from the 1970s? (That was JB who brought them up, wasn't it? I'm too lazy to search.)

I know what you were talking about. I was keeping my man reply quiet.

Funny, first time I read it, I thought it was $30 difference between leaving and buying a new shirt. HAHA - that would prob work too!

I think it would be more line a $100 difference between staying and going. After buying a shirt or shorts and then greens fees.

I know what you were talking about. I was keeping my man reply quiet.

Good for you. :wink:

Claire - I'm just thrilled most golf clothes are skorts and capris!

Its not just the unitard, dont forget about the leisure suit. Those were awesome.

Back