Are Gas Pumps Slower now?

brians

2023 GRANDADDY X (marks the spot)
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Getting gas it seems like the pumps are slower than they were. It was at different stations different brands. Anyone else thinking this?

YES! Thank you. I thought I was going crazy

Some places i go to i feel maybe.....But it's not something i've really noticed overall here

With all the emission controls they put on them so there are no vapors. Yeah, they are slow..

Yes, and I fully believe it's due to the ads they show on the little screen on the gas pumps.

I find that it varies on different days. Some days, the station I use most often is like a gusher, and others it's like being filled with a thimble full at a time. But I think overall, they ARE a bit slower than they used to be. It's possible it's due to the modern fuel systems. Filler tubes are a bit smaller and there are devices in the tube to monitor vapors for emissions. So they have to limit the speed of delivery to not overwhelm the restricted size of the tube.

Yes, and I fully believe it's due to the ads they show on the little screen on the gas pumps.
Wow! I’d never thought of it this way.
“Follow the money” might be true here

Wow! I’d never thought of it this way.
“Follow the money” might be true here
I finally figured out how to mute them so I dont have some dude yelling at me to go inside and get a red bull and a hot dog for $2.22

I finally figured out how to mute them so I dont have some dude yelling at me to go inside and get a red bull and a hot dog for $2.22
I try to time my fill ups for that deal lol

My issue with this is its a distraction from your surroundings.

My issue with this is its a distraction from your surroundings.
Pop Up Hiding GIF by PeacockTV

We have a fairly newer gas pump nearby now and it is wildly faster.

We were on a road trip a few weeks ago though and I just stopped getting gas after like 3 gallons because it was taking so damn long I couldn't stand it.

a dirty fuel supply tank may require more frequent gas "dispensers” filter changes, clogged supply filters. Another possible cause is a bad pump itself. The days of self service and convenience stores, pretty much up to the store attendant to make a call for service.

I don't know if the pumps are slower, or not. Not something I would notice anyways.

I am noticing the higher priced gas they are pumping. What's really disturbing is when I call the rape crisis hot line, and they hang up on me.

Getting gas it seems like the pumps are slower than they were. It was at different stations different brands. Anyone else thinking this?
I’ve noticed as well. Many double pumps with hoses on either side will slow noticeably if someone else begins pumping using the other hose.

Definitely slower here as well. Just fill up my tank fast so I can go get a big gulp
awkward big gulps GIF

I read that filling the tank at the lower speed on the set nozzle results in less air in the mix and a fuller tank. I really don’t care that it may take 1.7 minutes longer.

Now occasionally at cash only pre pay pumps that are nearly empty, I’ve seen really slow rates like 5 minutes to fill. Thankfully i dung come across those often.

Well, the pumps gotta count higher now. Math is hard.

I don’t drive much anymore, only fill up once/month or two. But I did fill the Surburban yesterday from 1/4 tank and the pump seemed just fine, speed-wise.

Don't think so. It's just our collective attention span shrinking due to social media.

Back