Are there foods that are better reheated than fresh?

I don't like lasagne, so can't comment on that one, but the only food that I have enjoyed reheated has been the spicy chicken nasi goreng that my mam used to make

Recipe

There is a Polish dish called Bigos, it is a hunters stew made with sauerkraut and different sausages and meats. It always is better after being frozen and thawed again.

Chili, tomato sauce, soup, lasagna are definitely better the next day, reheated. Banana pudding is better the next day....wouldn‘t reheat it though.

Lasagna, Meatloaf, Spaghetti sometimes tastes better? I usually don't leave spaghetti leftovers though so that one is a tough one to always get right.

When I was a kid my mother used to reheat left over spaghetti in a frying pan and I remember loving it. It got a little bit crispy and was delicious. Since the advent of the microwave I don't think I have done that.

I really like cold pizza (actually I just really like pizza) but I don't think it is better cold it is just very good cold.

Definitely.

Chicken and rice is a big one for us, always better the second time.

yes 1 example
my wife makes a 5 layer bean dip, next day after its been refrigerated and time to set up is always better.

Soup, chili, and most sauces are better the 2nd day IMO. I have a weird thing for reheated chinese food as well

Ro roast beef, spaghett i and chili always seem to taste better the next day.

Spaghetti reheated in a skillet with a little Olive oil.

If you like a good Indian curry, that’s a definite next day is better, making my own is getting better as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually things like Chili, Soups and Stews.

I am not a fan of leftovers, but usually those types of foods I think taste just as good, possibly even better reheated.

refried beans... its right there in the name

When I was a kid my mother used to reheat left over spaghetti in a frying pan and I remember loving it. It got a little bit crispy and was delicious. Since the advent of the microwave I don't think I have done that.

I really like cold pizza (actually I just really like pizza) but I don't think it is better cold it is just very good cold.
We still do the leftover spaghetti in a frying pan with olive oil. Exactly how my mother did it. And the part that got crispy was the best. And there was usually some homemade Italian bread to go with it. Cold pizza is also good. Sounds weird but i like cold pizza with a glass of milk.

I am going to say no. Most things are fine reheated (unless you try to reheat fried food in the microware) but not quite as good as when they are freshky cooked.

After reading all the suggestions, the answer is still

Back