Are you tied to your clubs?

Two sets here. One in WI at my son's house for when I visit and one here in DFW. Never rent clubs and always bring mine if I travel and plan on a couple of rounds.

I'm tied to mine - if I travel, I either ship them in advance or haul them on the plane. Twice in the last handful of years I needed to use a rental set (unforeseen circumstances) and while I managed ok, it took a handful of holes to start to feel comfortable and I never really got settled with them by the time the round was over. Sure, in a pinch it works for me, but the rounds just weren't particularly enjoyable with the rentals and so if I have a choice, I always will bring mine. However, if I don't have a choice, I would still rather play golf using a rental set then not play golf!

I play with my set of clubs wherever we go. I've traveled a couple times and haven't had any problems, so i have no reason to go without and rent at the course.

I have one set of clubs and take them wherever I go that golf is involved. I'd actually like to use a rental set on occasion, if they were something I was interested in potentially playing, but my specs are such that they never fit me.

Back